Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on November 3, 2016
Every single card had a cut like line across the center, no clue if it's a manufacturing defect or what, but very sad considering I found the deck right for me.

Keep in mind, IT'S EVERY SINGLE CARD, not one from a bad unboxing, but every single card has a cut in the same place which totally takes away from actually using them.
Amazon will be sending a replacement, and now I have to drive all the way to a UPS store to send it back, it also stated return by the third when that's the same day I filed for a replacement; very confusing, as the scan code is good for 30 days. I'll try tommorow, as I can't make it today.

Major, major hassle when I pay premium for Prime service to be forced to run around.

Otherwise the cards are excellent, Lovecraft based most of his lore off of Mesopotamian legend, The Enûma Eliš was mankind's First known creation myth and predates even the Gilgamesh, in fact, the Gilgamesh, the Bible, and almost every myth on earth finds some origin tracing back to it. In which god was a Dragon called Tiamat, before the conception of duality, Marduk was the devil in oral tradition, and Tiamat; the sleeping Dragon who's name means Life Mother, was the All and Nothing, symbolizing primal chaos devoid of construct, being interwoven in everything.

Tiamat's children; Kilulu, Kingu, and many others, are reshaped and renamed in Lovecraft's work for a horror story.
But one who is well versed in anthropology and the occult will know they're simply allegories/egragores for the first original myth.

As a reverse path Mesopotamian Shaman this deck speaks to me, I love notes of chaos, the ocean, antinomianism, and forced self interpretation vs using the book it came with.

This deck is powerful, though many will pass it off as a toy, or be too enshrouded by Lovecraft's Fictional retelling to gain use of its full potential.
I highly recommend this deck along side Mason's Gramore of Tiamat.

The Gramore of Tiamat is a modern reinvention of Mesopotamian Occultism; arguably the origin of all forms of magic and ritual.
Though the Gilgamesh is just a off shoot of the Enûma Eliš, I did like that they had Ishtar; I call her inanna, and other names of gods; that those in the know will see through and know the origin of.

The best deck out there for Mesopotamian Occult path-working.
I'll be eagerly awaiting a replacement, and will now need to jump through hoops to get a deck untainted by defects, it will be worth it though.

Even still, two stars for the horrible Amazon service and damaged goods.
on October 19, 2015
My only complaint would be the cardstock they used. The cards are thinner than most Tarot and are more the consistency of playing cards. This means the cards will wear faster and be more prone to creases. A card box for the deck would have been nice, even a generic box. These cards are sealed in plastic and will require you to have your own box. I do have my own box (wood inlay) but it is at home and I opened the box at work.

The artwork is nice and it is a nice twist to the conventional decks most people have. I will take them for a test spin this Halloween.
on May 2, 2015
Amazing artwork all around. The Suits each tell a story of sorts, and this sets the theme of the deck with the context of Lovecraft's universe. Tyson is a worthy scholar of arcane lore, and he doesn't around a lot of gobblygook talk to try and sound impressive. While I like the deck its non traditional 'feel' means it will probably not get used in readings. A very nice collectible deck, but not a practical one, IMHO.
on March 19, 2017
First off, the artwork is absolutely beautiful. I love how this deck looks and feels. Secondly, this deck is eerily accurate - it always seems to give me messages/readings that are strangely relevant, to the point that it's almost like it can actually... observe? To be honest, it's almost creepy but it's amazing at the same time. I absolutely love it and the connection that I've made with it so far, and look forward to working with it for a long time.
on September 9, 2011
I am a huge Lovecraft fan, and I went with this particular deck for just that reason. The meanings of the cards are a lot easier for me to remember because I'm familiar with the lore, I feel like I have a good connection with the deck, and the few tarot readings I've given so far have been ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and dead on accurate - likely because I feel such a close kinship to the deck. I think it's an excellent starter deck, although the cards aren't very much like traditional cards and to some people are a bit off putting. I don't feel like this deck could replace a traditional tarot deck, but it definitely makes a fantastic "theatrical" deck for when you want a skeptic to doubt their own skepticism. The cards are very lively, and I love how the vibrant images speak to you and help with remembering the various meanings.

I always have this deck with me, and although I don't feel like it could replace a more traditional deck, it's definitely a great addition to any fan of the Lovecraftian lore.
on March 1, 2009
I do find this deck remarably dark and juicy in ways that are atypical in most other decks. While the story lines in the minor arcana are well done and the text supports them well, it is very 'exclusive' in nature, meaning that the meanings aren't transferable to another reading but with that deck alone. Not to bad in that way, but I'd prefer something with a tad bit more universal twist. The deck though is basically tailored to the necromanian universe and it presents it well and can offer some intruging readings as the artwork is a little spooky and dark and very meanacing, but sometimes overdone and a tad bit overy dramatic. If you like dark decks then don't pass this one up. It can really give one quiet a pause along that vein.
on June 24, 2017
Beautifully illustrated! The book that accompanies it is rich in lore. So glad I got it!
on April 24, 2017
I love this deck. Recommend it to any serious tarot reader who is an occult enthusiast.
on April 9, 2017
I'm surprised how useful and accurate my readings with this desk are! Highly recommend!
on January 9, 2014
Interesting accurate readings with this one. Not to mention how dark and menacing the artwork is. Just WOW is all I can say. It's a really beautiful deck, that's for sure. Well worth buying.