Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 22, 2013
This was a gift for my sister 40t birthday! She had been searching for this book forever. She found it a few places, but it cost around $700.00!!!! So she never got it.
I finally found a good price on Amazon for it and got it!!!
I gave 5 star because this book is in great condition and it is just a very cute little book!!!
on October 23, 1999
I still have this book tucked away for potential grandchildren. My daughter and I not only enjoyed the intricate detail of each animal's home, but we also loved the poetry of the words, which I still recall. "Owl, night's glider under moon's eye.." or "See what Piggy money will buy?" This book should be reprinted. Why has it not been? Where is George Mendoza? I would buy 10 copies if I ever found them, to save for gifts to friends' children.
22 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 17, 2014
This book made me want to be an architect from the age of about eight, until I took architecture in high school and discovered that I would also have to create sewage plans in addition to cooler things, like general floor plans. Each spread is a different house that Ms. Mouse designed for one of her animal friends, and they are fantastic. The illustrations are very detailed, so you can look into all of the nooks and crannies and see what Ms. Mouse supplied. Awesome, awesome book.
on November 9, 2014
I just looked for this book on Amazon in hopes that it is back in print and found my 1999 review begging for the publisher to make it happen. Virtually every other review and comment asked the same thing. Funny, though, back in '99, my daughter was a college student. Now I am a grandma of three, all of who love it too. Just last week 9- year old granddaughter retorted, when I declared that I have everything I could ever want, "oh, no you don't! You don't have Otter's house!" No I don't, but I still have the PICTURE of Otter's house.
on November 29, 2017
My absolute favorite book growing up. I wanted to share it with my own kids, but what is up with these prices?
on October 13, 2013
Any book that can command $600-1000 dollars hard back surely deserves a reprint. Few could pay that kind of money for a children's book, but I've seen lots of golden oldies make a comeback as paperback books and it doesn't hurt their readability at all, and no one should have to miss these intricate drawings. I'd love to have this for a friend's baby shower, the friend is a female architectural engineer. This would be perfect for another friend whose daughter recently graduated with a degree in interior design - more women in these fields than there used to be. Bring back Ms Mouse!
on April 2, 2012
I purchased this book for my daughter when she was about 8 years old.
She somehow lost it amongst various moves. She is now an Architecture student and is 28 years old.
All she wanted for Christmas was for me to track down a copy of this book.
So hard to find, but I found it on Amazon. She is extremely pleased. Twas the best ever Christmas present she said.
Amazon comes through again, finding the almost impossible. thank you.
on January 9, 1998
A friend gave this to my daughter about 14 years ago. I have fond memories of she and I spending lots of time looking at the minute details of each of the animal's homes and thoroughly enjoying the illustrator's vision of how each dwelling would have actually looked based on Ms. Mouse's plans. We seemed to discover new items in certain houses that we overlooked in previous readings. Unfortunately, I loaned it to someone with kids who has never returned it - can't remember who it was. I'd really like to find two copies of this book - one to share with my grandchildren (hopefully, not until my 19-year old finishes college!) and for a friend's daughter who is in her freshman year studying at UofC Berkely to be an architect. It's a great book to read and visually explore with your child(ren) cuddled up in a corner somewheres.
on June 21, 2010
This book was the start of my future! When I was very young I was given this book, I would spend HOURS looking at the pictures and studying every detail! Soon after, my father set up his drafting table for me... I was about 6 years old! Though I have many family members in the construction business my main focus was design and limitless imagination that came from this book! Not only the architecture but the graphics, the concepts, I cant say enough about this book!
on October 5, 2012
In 1982 I selected this book as a special Christmas treat following holiday luncheon with my sister, mother and grandmother at The Walnut Room in Chicago's Marshall Field's store on State Street. It still inspires me to this day and I cherish my copy as if were an Austen first edition. The details, the clever home layouts, the imagination is not matched these days!