& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit contains 1-8 player online support as well as leaderboards
- Play as either cops and racers in both a tremendously deep, fully-defined single player career and a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes
- The Need For Speed Autolog system connects friends directly to each other's games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences and challenges
- Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent
- Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is a high energy racing game that brings the Need For Speed franchise back to its racing/chasing roots. The game allows players to experience a massive open-world game environment from both the perspective of a racer or a cop bent on shutting down racer. Players on both sides have access to a wide range of real, high-performance vehicles, as well as weapons, equipment and power-ups that heighten the excitement of the race and chase. Additional features include: Need For Speed 'Autolog,' a powerful in-game social media communication system; 1-8 player online support; and leaderboards.
A Revolutionary Addition to the NFS Franchise
In Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected. The blistering speeds, brutal busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog. This network not only connects friends for epic head-to head pursuits and races, but also enables players to compare performances and stats, thereby setting the stage for the ultimate in friendly competition.
A throwback to earlier games in the series, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit allows players to experience the thrill of the chase from either the perspective of a racer or the police, with police cars constantly chasing racers. Set along 100 miles of road situated in fictional Seacrest County, the gameworld of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is fully open-world, meaning that players can go wherever they want and race or chase whomever they want to. Players have access to a career mode regardless of which side they are on, and police and racers both have access to differing power-ups to give them an extra edge in a pinch. Cars available in-game are realistic replicas the pantheon of high-performance vehicles available in real-life, with cops and racers having equal access to most cars featured, but some being exclusive to either side. Additional features include: Autolog, which allows players to communicate and compare stats via a social media type network, 1-8 player online game support and multiple play modes.
Key Game Features
- Career – For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment.
- Need For Speed Autolog – In Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other's games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges. Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.
- Weapons and Equipment – Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.
- Cars – Experience the thrill of driving the world's most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds. Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.
- Multiplayer Support - Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit contains 1-8 player online support as well as leaderboards.
Minimum PC System Requirements
- OS - Windows XP/Vista/7
- Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.8 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
- RAM Memory - 1.5 GB
- Hard Drive - 6.5 GB free
- Video Memory - 256 MB
- Video Card - nVidia GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon X1900
- Sound Card - DirectX Compatible
- Network - Absolute minimum internet broadband connection speed of 512 Kbps for online multiplayer
- DirectX - 9.0c
- Other - Keyboard, mouse, DVD ROM drive
Play as cop or racer.
Drive the hottest cars around.
New communication system.
Top Customer Reviews
Finally, I recommend this game to every NFS junkie.
*Bugatti Veyron (insane car with a top speed of 267.85 mph)
*Lamborghini Reventon (the best looking car in the game in my opinion, in fact the best looking car ever)
*Koenigsegg Agera (I would have liked it if it wasn't for the fact that I don't like swedish cars)
*Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Super Veloce (like the name says: Superfast (Super Veloce))
*Audi R8 5.Read more ›
The controls can't be customized especially steering and braking sensitivity. This makes the controls a little twitchy. It's really optimized for the X-Box 360 controller. Car physics are really simplified. It seems that every car under steers and drifts through every turn no matter how little braking and turning is applied. There are many cars but there seems to be very little difference between them in handling and braking.
The multi-channel sound is used well. You can hear the sounds of cars whizzing by you from front to back. The sound of your own car seems oddly muzzled though. It lacks customization beyond changing the sound effects, voice and music levels. I would have like to hear the sound of the engine more.
Despite these issues, this game is still a blast. You have lots of cars to unlock as you move through the game (sorry NO FERRARI). The free drive mode helps you practice the routes in different cars without any consequences. The crash animations a la Burnout are spectacular.
On the whole, its a good game but if you have a console, you're better off getting the console version.
Pros: Graphics visuals, high speed chases, large selection of the fastest cars.
Cons: lack of customization, arcade driving physics, too much reliance on nitrous
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was disappointed that the graphics are so old and it was an ok play but I'd rather play something else than thisPublished 15 days ago by Rebecah Lucenta
The best NFS car-ramming gameplay, feels better than Forza HorizonPublished 1 month ago by Boarder Renzen
Compared to original NFSMW graphics are better but there's no story line, no immersion and game progress comes to quickly. Honestly, the game is too easy. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Tony Price
Brings back memory's of the early versions. Great arcade racer with good graphics.Published 4 months ago by TwiggLe
When i downloaded it and getting ready you install it it had a errorPublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer