Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Need for Speed Rivals
Format: Video Game|Change

on May 12, 2016
So after an hour or so of playing this game I can come up with some things to talk about. This game is a hybrid of hot pursuit and Most wanted (a mix of both) the car handling is one of the major things you will notice as it has a hybrid of HP and ME. You can somewhat customize your car with vinyl and decals (something the other 2 didn't have) the map is fairly larger than both games as well although it sticks to more of high ways like HP but in a most wanted type of way. The game does feel arcadey like as well as MW with some HP feel to it. The biggest complaint everyone has given is the pause button which doesnt pauses. I have no idea why the developers never came up with a patch for it. Even in the games introduction it'll brag about it as if it was a good idea when it just isn't. Its such a simple patch which really gives in the 4 stars and not 5. In some aspects the game is a pretty good racing game and if you enjoyed the other 2 you will enjoy this as well. Overall its a nice racing game with some great handling. The cops in the game are extremely difficult and I find myself in situations where its tough to earn SP when everytime I finish a race there's cops waiting or in driving back to the hideout and a cop appears and everytime your busted the whole XP you earned is lost. Its very absurd and annoying. You can be heading to your hideout with so much SP and a cop car will pop out of the blue making it difficult to earn any SP at all. Its one of the biggest flaws in the game. I had earned 217,000 SP and right when I was getting to a hideout randomly a cop appears in the areas of the hideout and starts chasing me for no apperant reason. If it wasn't for that flaw and the pause button was available I would easily give this a 5
on March 16, 2017
This game is fun and has really cool and real cars. Even though there aren't a lot of cars to pick from and they don't really have a lot of personalization the map is really cool. The map looks beautiful with its desertsand city and mountains and snow and tunnels and caves and jumps. It's all really cool and fun with all the different challenges there are. The game was pretty easy and quick to beat ( this being my first racing game) but keep in mind there is a racer mode and a police mode, I've only completed the racer mode. I wouldn't recommend getting this game for the ps3 but instead for the PS4 because the graphics are better and the game will run smoother. There is NO split screen/ local multiply, meaning you can't play with a friend in the same room, with the same ps3, you could only play with online friends, which kinda sucks. It's only frozen on me once. And the cops chase you down or bust you for not even doing anything. I believe the PS4 version has more personalization to the cars but there is upgrades and tech to put on your car.
on February 14, 2017
Not like what earlier NFS games were. Yes you improved on the graphics but the soul of the earlier games is gone. Kind of like a ninth gen si civic, yes it's got descent hp and torque from a performance version of a CRV motor but it simply aint' no eight gen si or even an RSX type s or 99' si or integra etc etc. I know by now you got the point.
on November 29, 2014
The package arrived very fast, and the box was closed (Game is brand new)
I had it for 3 months now, the game works very good, it did not crash.

The game it self is the best Need for Speed game I've ever played. The story is good, gameplay is very good. When I tried to use headphones, I found that this game provides incredible sound experience.

The ability to play as a cop or a racer added much more fun to the game, and gave 2 entirely different ways to play the game.

The openworld game play is AWESOME, provides all kinds of playing environments, from Canyons to Open High Ways

I Finished the 2 careers in the game already.. the game is still very interesting for to play it from time to time, after I have been frequently playing it for 3 months.
on September 20, 2014
First the ordering and shipping and delivery from the seller was excellent 5 out of 5.....but the game is so so the cars are divided by half,I like dodge so in racer you only get the challenger in cop you only get the charger and viper,the game is not most wanted in 2012 ill tell you that the game is 3 out of 5,just a little hard at times to stay alive when the cops show up and hard to take a turn and the cars look like hot pursuit 2010,but overall the game is ok and not worth $30.99, more like $8.99
on June 2, 2017
Good game but the disc did not function after a day .could be faulty disc .
on January 17, 2014
I expected this to be more like the playing style of NFS The Run. It is not by far. It is more like NFS Hot Pursuit. Which I did not care for. The game style is hard to get use to at first. If I had played it before purchase. I wouldn't have made the purchase. Im glad I paid a cheaper price for it. (Thanks Amazon)
on April 21, 2017
Nice game
on November 10, 2014
There are NFS games like Most Wanted, Undercover, and even Underground 2 that I keep going back and going back to play because they're just so fun and I like the map and want to keep improving my times. And then there are those NFS games that are fun to play for a few weekends and then I get bored with them and if I do go back and play them again, it's on a very limited basis. This title is definitely more of the latter. Is it fun, sure. Are the graphics good, yeah. But other than the desert stages of the map, most of its pretty blah. There isn't enough going on other than the online play. Which makes me wonder, what's going to happen in the near future when no one is online playing this game? There is no independent single player campaign, you are always online with other racers, which I don't like. I usually like to play through and complete the single player campaign and then play a little online competition until I've had my fill. But with this game if you play as a racer you always are on the lookout for the police which can initiate a chase with you even if you aren't currently doing anything wrong. If you want to "free roam" in peace, you can only do this as a cop, and the number of cars you get as a cop or racer for that matter is pretty limited. Thank God atleast for the Ferraris! But why no tuners?

If they wanted to create a game where you are always online, they should have borrowed from Test Drive Unlimited 2's idea that you are online all the time with other racers, but you can free roam and the police only come after you if you're breaking the law in front of them.

So whilst the game is fun in a gimmicky sort of way like Hot Pursuit (2010) was, it's not one of the better NFS titles. And in probably less than 20 hours of playtime, I've been disconnected numerous times - which is another problem trying to have everyone online all the time vs. having offline play.
on October 6, 2016
Very good article I recommend it has a good function ...
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.