Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

The Run was complicated. I was expecting a NFS game where I would do the usual like in past games of the series. Just as soon as I started playing it, I was in a long road trip speeding through a trail that would lead me to NYC (one of my favorite cities and states ever). This NFS - in terms of music and sound volume - is very loud than previous games. While playing it, it's like watching a movie in a movie theater but actually playing it.

The game itself comes off like a high-adrenaline action movie and it ends like a high-adrenaline action movie. The Run can be tough in some areas though. There were some races that were linear for me to beat. Like I just said It is very different from previous entries. It's good but it wasn't really all that great. This felt like I was playing a Fast and the Furious game than a Need for Speed one. It barely acts and sound like it. Heck, it's like EA just blended elements of Forza Motorsport - if that Xbox exclusive racing franchise actually HAD storylines - and The Fast and the Furious movies into this. Steering controls is very weak. I say it is weaker here than in let's say Need for Speed Undercover.

The only good thing about this game for characters would have to be the game's casting of Christina Hendricks (ala Mad Men) as the game's lead female character (Sam Harper) supporting Jack [Rouke] (the main protagonist you are playing throughout these lethal races) on his journey to race around the country of the USA from the sunset strip of San Francisco, California to the bleak, wet, loud, metropolitan streets of N.Y.C. Speaking of Hendricks, I would never really think she would ever appear in a Need for Speed game. Over the years that I ever played a NFS game where some of the most recognizable actresses/models that I've glared my eyes at (like Brooke Burke in NFSUG2, Emmanuelle Vaugier in Carbon or Maggie Q in Undercover) that I would ever expect Christina Hendricks being a character in these games. Kudos to EA/Black Box for casting her to play such a supporting character. Also 2 models of Sports Illustrated fame are in this too but they wasn't featured much often.

The soundtrack on the other hand, I am not a big fan of. Sure Brian Tyler is a great composer and all but I never really was a big fan of this soundtrack for this game that much. Sure it's action packed and it has the feel of adrenaline but it's meh to me.

In conclusion, The Run is perhaps the weakest out of all Need for Speed games. It's barely worth playing. I just wished before I played it that the game would be like past games but then I realized it was an entirely different game. This is perhaps the most divisive game in the series. I can tell you this, there is some good DLCs and an okay graphics engine. If you are a long-time fan of the series you are going to be in for a very disappointing ride to NYC.
on July 4, 2012
I'm a big fan of the Need for Speed series and always have been. I own almost the whole collection and have beaten every single one of them. As for Need for Speed: The Run, it was a great game. It was really enjoyable and I nearly had to give myself time limits to stop myself from beating it all in one go. For those gamers who go all-night until you beat the game, you could have it done in one day if you started early on. That is one of the only downfalls to this game. The career mode is a bit short, but very enjoyable. To make up for the short career mode however, there is a challenge series section of the game where you can complete very difficult missions to earn a bronze, silver, gold, or special medal and that mode can last a while. I haven't tried the multiplayer mode yet, but it sounds to be very fun as well. The scenes where you take the main character out on foot are probably my favorite parts. Altogether, this game is great fun, just a bit short.
on January 13, 2014
Personally, I enjoy the game play on NFS: The Run. It feels smooth and is intuitive. The courses have a beautiful look and are a lot of fun to play. The only issue I have with this game is the story. It is just lacking and unrealistic...if that's even fair to say about a video game. From course to course the objectives change between gaining a certain number of positions to picking up lost time or just defeating one particular opponent. They are sort of strung together because they have to be but they don't really have any flow or make sense. There is really no connection to the protagonist that you are playing as. There are scenes on the game that require you to get out of the car and run or escape some situation or person. They are awkward and out of place mini games.

The multiplayer is fun except you cannot set up a race just between you and a friend. You are forced to play in sessions with as many as eight other players.
on December 29, 2011
""""" Thanks man you are very good """"

On one side of this country lie the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and cable cars -- on the opposite coast there are massive skyscrapers, the Statue of Liberty and the endless glow of Times Square. What separates these two great cities is nearly 3,000 miles of roadway through dense urban centers, over epic mountains, across arid deserts and in constricted canyons.

Evade the Police
A race to get your life back!
Gorgeous car designsSynopsis
With no speed limits, rules or allies available, only Jack's determination and driving skills will keep him going in this heart-stopping race to get his life back. Thrills and excitement hide around every corner of this breakneck race across the country, but so do the police -- and the men who want him dead. Evading these ruthless forces in one town won't be enough. You must have the Need for Speed.
on September 1, 2017
Worked as expected, like new!! came with original case and really no scratches!
on April 1, 2013
I had low expectations for this one. But as a quick little racing game this is actually really nicely done.. I live in San Francisco Area and was stunned at how believable the city and suburban tracks were. It's not geographically accurate but it's totally believable and true to the look and feel. As you progress, the game does a nice job going through the country: Sierra Nevada, desert, and so on, but after Chicago they must have run out if budget or something because the quality drops significantly. Some roads even get repurposed, as you will encounter them in reverse, what a cheap shot... Game is easy to beat and unlikely to keep you interested afterwards because the multiplayer is just plain boring. The thing that made this a standout for me was that it really delivers on the feeling of racing across the USA. I still remember some areas as if I went on a high speed road trip.
on May 3, 2012
Well I have to say that this game is not what I expected it to be. In fact I didn't know it was going to be like this. The fact that I don't have to repeat the same tracks again and again is a plus. But being unable to customize the car bothers me a little.

Some people may say you just have to go forward but the title says it all. There is no hidden subject there. It is a one way race. It gets very interesting when the road is crowded. Also, the way you switch cars is well thought and makes you realize that you need to know something about engines.

When it comes to graphics, I think EA could have done it better with Frostbite2. At least the driving feels more realistic as the game goes by.

To make it short, I like the game. The feeling you are competing against 200+ racers makes it interesting. I recommend it to people who enjoy racing in different stages.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2011
if you want to know why PlayStation does so well with people over the years one of the things you need to examine or look at is the sheer number of racing games using top notch technology in hard drive and software. Dirt 3 is by far the best racing game I've played outside an arcade. Need for Speed the run is another great if not good one as well that is vastly overlooked by modern gamers. you drive from coast to coast in my favorite NEED FOR SPEED game ever. its fun. its fast. It keeps you entertained. is it as good as dirt 3? Not even close but what can equal that perfection? by the way EA games are usually not as good as their counterparts. IE look at PES soccer by Konami as a better alternative to FIFA on PS3. PES is amazing and helped lure me to buy the PlayStation if you can believe that. It's that good. but again I grew up playing soccer and I've always loved a good soccer game.

Konami has always had great games and now is no different.
on December 27, 2011
I love the Need For Speed genre....but, I am not impressed with this game. I do/did enjoy the storyline, but, the races are pretty much fixed. I hated the fact that in order to win certain races, you have to change the car class (or you are serverely handicapped). Now, I am a bit whiny about this, because where you expect not to need a car class change, you do, and it isn't apparent and certainly, not obvious, until you lose the race(without cheating) that you are so commandingly leading. Then, you can only change during the race... seriously, come on. Not the greatest NFS game, but it is better than Carbon and Street Pro. Get it as cheap as you can.
on August 5, 2017
nice game it should have been launched for PS4 too
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.