Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.54 shipping
Need for Speed: Underground
|Price:||$44.99 + $4.99 shipping|
- Take on 20 racing machines from Mitsubishi Motors, Subaru, Toyota and many more
- Build the ultimate street machine by earning cash to pay for body kits and performance mods
- Hundreds of ways to customize your ride. Pick from major aftermarket parts manufacturers
- Over 100 unique events give racers the opportunity to earn cash, buy more upgrades, and unlock cars and tracks while increasing their street reputation
- Racing events including - Drag Racing - Explode off of the line with three other racers, on the brink of control, as you race for the finish line. Street Racing - Heat up the cold city streets with some high octane, high speed racing, finding the fastest lines through a variety of open city racecourses
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Build the street machine of your dreams by earning cash to pay for custom body kits and a host of licensed car performance modes.
From the Manufacturer
Enter the world of urban street racing and high performance tuner cars with the latest title in the hit Need for Speed series: Need for Speed Underground. Take on todays most popular tuner cars from Mitsubishi Motors, Subaru, Toyota and many more, building the ultimate street machine by earning cash to pay for custom body kits and a host of licensed car performance mods. But just creating a custom street racing machine will not get you to the top; it takes a certain amount of attitude and razor sharp driving skills to compete in the tough world of urban racing.
A number of diverse events set in gritty, nighttime environments make up the heart of street competition. Players become complete street racers by perfecting skills in each event by nailing the perfect shift in drag racing and by putting their street cred on the line, racing through the city streets at all hours of the night.
Prove you belong in the elite street racing circles, work your way up the underground rankings and take on the best of the best in each discipline.
- Twenty fully customizable, licensed cars are included in the game from Mitsubishi Motors, Subaru, Toyota, and many more.
- Several unique racing events will be featured in the game including the following: Drag Racing--Explode off of the line with three other racers, on the brink of control, as you race for the finish line. Street Racing--Heat up the cold city streets with some high octane, high speed racing, finding the fastest lines through a variety of open city racecourses.
- Hundreds of ways to customize your ride. Pick from major aftermarket parts manufacturers including AEM Inc., Audiobahn, Bilstein, Dazz Motorsport, DC Sports, Eibach, Enkei, GReddy Performance Products Inc., HKS, Holley, Injen, Jackson Racing, MOMO, Neuspeed, Nitrous Express Inc., O.Z, PIAA, Skunk2 Racing, Sparco, StreetGlo, and Turbonetics Inc.
- Need for Speed Undergrounds amazing graphics will immerse gamers in the world of after hours street racing. The diverse urban nighttime environments are modeled after a variety of highly detailed real-world urban landscapes. A new sensation of speed has been created in the game by the award winning Need For Speed team and an OSCAR nominated Hollywood visual effects expert.
- Over 100 unique events give racers the opportunity to earn cash, buy more upgrades, and unlock cars and tracks while increasing their street reputation.
- A diverse collection of high-octane music keeps the game rolling.
Top customer reviews
When I was younger, I owned this game on the Nintendo DS, and playing it on a console is a nice upgrade.
Graphically, the game is very rich -- I happen to have a digital TV with component video cables hooked up to my GameCube and the details are so sharp they're almost distracting. In first-person view (car on screen), the frame rate is noticeably lower than playing at road-level (without the car). In this mode, the game is very intense, with a very high level of realism when you hit high speeds.
On top of that, NFS Underground isn't just running around a track. It takes place late at night in an urban setting, with lots of shortcuts, construction sites to blaze through, and even a partially-open bridge to jump over. The maps are very challenging, but a blast.
And then of course there is the car customization. I've never been into "skinning" a car in other games, but something about NFS Underground makes you want to deck out your ride with all kinds of decals, funky paint, tinted windows, wheels, under-carriage neon, and all the rest. It's actually fun, and very easy to apply.
In all, the game is a blast, and a very good value considering how many levels / challenges there are. Replay value is sky high. If you like racing games, you have to get it.