Needle, Sword of Arya Stark. Licensed from George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire."
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Officially licensed from George RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire"
- High Carbon Steel Blade
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity personally autographed by George R.R. Martin.
- Limited edition of 2500 pcs. Each blade laser serialized with edition number.
- As seen in "A Game of Thrones", "A Clash of Kings", "A Storm of Swords", "A Feast for Crows", and "A Dance with Dragons".
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) This is the book version of needle. If you are wanting the HBO TV version that will be comming out in the fall.
2) This is a functional sword with 1045 steel and 85% tang. While this is a very good thing...it also means that you need to keep finger prints off the actual blade and either oil it every couple months or wax it once with rennsance wax. All real non stainless blades require this.
With that said the handle metal parts are nickle plated and can be touched and handled as expected. The sword is beautiful and just like it is described in the book. Come with a nice wall plaque to hang it on. When shipped only the tip is sharp but it can be fully sharpened allong the entire length using a wetstone. Of all the swords in my collection this is by far my favorite.
I really had no idea what to expect when I made the purchase. Would it be stage quality? Or worse?
It's terrific. Everything about it is high quality. George R. R. Martin gifted Maize Williams one of these and there are many pics of her with this "Needle" available online to verify that.
I guess that since this is a limited edition item, and sold out, some people have decided to corner the market and ask a lot more than it cost retail.
I don't blame them for that, They saw the potential market and took advantage. I've seen them advertised for up to $2,000.
I think I paid $200 from Valerian Steel.
I've heard that the HBO version of Needle will be available soon. You can count on me to be at the head of the line for that Needle.
For now, I have a really fine example of Needle, number 0177, and I'll be hanging onto it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It looks nothing like the sword needle used in the TV show. The handle guard is way off. There are picture of needle when Jon give it to Arya and you can see the handle, its more... Read morePublished on July 12, 2014 by Edwin Galarza
Needle from the show is a sixteenth or seventeenth century small-sword or epee. Take a look at in the first series then look at this which is a knock off of a small broadsword. Read morePublished on June 22, 2013 by Jim
Um...this sword does not even remotely resemble Needle. What an absurd "replica." Replica sword? Yes. Needle? Not in this reality.Published on February 9, 2013 by Michael T. Davis
Just as i expected it, great item for a gift or for whoever is a fan of the books or the showPublished on December 20, 2012 by kerc