Needlemaster 40-Piece Interchangeable Aluminum Knitting Set
|Price:||$32.18 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Boye needlemaster interchangeable knitting set
- 8 Sets of aluminum single-point knitting needles, with cable lengths 20-inch, 24-inch, 29-inch and 36-inch, and travel case
- Includes 4 stitch holders (button) and 2 cable couplers
- Make regular circular knitting needles, straight flexible needles, even elongate the cables with couplers. This set provides infinite possibilities for any project you fancy.
- Founded in 1906, Boye Needle Company was the first American manufacturer of crochet hooks and knitting needles.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Boye NeedleMaster Interchangeable Knitting Set, 40-piece.
The Boye NeedleMaster Interchangeable Knitting Set is a complete set, perfect for making circulars, flexible straight and stitch holders. The unmatched versatility and convenience of this comprehensive kit makes it the perfect set for beginners and intermediate knitters. The interchangeable points and flexible cables are easy-to-use and allow you to switch between straight needles or circular needles as well as stitch holders, all of which are included in your kit. The red pebble grain faux leather carrying case with zippered closure holds 26 needles and 4 cables neatly in place. Numbered placement keeps needles organized and easily identifiable with embossed numbers on the inside of the case. It also features 3 see-through pockets for buttons, cable couplers and gripper.
The red faux leather case features a rich pebble grain finish embossed with the Boye logo. Zippered closure and interior needle holders keep everything neatly in place. Embossed numbers above every needle clearly identify size. Clear pockets conveniently display additional accessories
Metal Knitting Needles
In addition to clear labeling within your carrying case, needles are identifiable by color. Each set comes in stunning metallic colors, including silver, light green, royal blue, electric blue, purple, rose gold, gold and emerald green.
- Metal knitting needles 2 – 15 (2.75 – 10 mm)
- Cable lengths (20 in., 24 in., 29 in., 36 in.)
- 4 stitch holder buttons
- 2 cable couplers
- Carrying case, 7.5 in. x 8.5 in.
Clear cables feature a metal connector with a screw top the fits seamlessly with each needle. Fit needle to connect with a simple turn of the wrist. Needles lock securely in place, creating a seamless connection. Included cable couplers join multiple cables to create an extra-long cable
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
For the most part, I really like this kit. Here are just a few things it has going for it:
- Widely available, and quite affordable if you have a weekly coupon from a certain popular craft store ;-)
- Needles are pretty colors which keeps things interesting
- Wider range of needle sizes than other kits
- Allows you to make a twenty inch circular which, while not as short as the seventeen inch you can make with a certain other kit, is shorter than the twenty-four inch you can make with yet another kit
- Metal needles, which I prefer to plastic or wood - all types of yarn slip nice and easy
- Nice points, not too sharp and not too dull
- Individual pieces can be bought separately
- Storage case is compartmentalized well and not too ugly
However, here is what it has against it:
- Shortest circular you can make is twenty inches, which, while better than the twenty-four inch you can make with one kit, is not as nice at the seventeen inch you can make with another (works with a struggle for a hat, too short for collars)
- Cables are a little on the stiff side and the bend where it joins the needle is a little weird - HOWEVER it is not as bad as the non-interchangable Boye circulars (I hate those)
- Some people complain that the cables and needles come unscrewed frequently but I really have not had a huge problem with this
- My biggest complaint - Boye needles are weird sizes compared to other brands. While Boye claims to set the standard, pretty much every brand is different in diameter (consistently so) for sizes six, nine, ten, and seventeen.Read more ›
As you become more serious, though-- dare I call it Knitpicky?-- there'll be things that might lure you away from this, your first set. Many people end up preferring bamboo or wooden or plastic needles, for example; these are metal. Others want to learn new techniques for knitting small items, like the Magic Loop method; this set isn't compatible with that. A lot of knitters end up opting for other needle systems, like the Denise system or the Knitpicks Options system. (If you want to read a good comparison between the Denise and the Boye systems, look up the review at knitty dot com by Amy Singer).
But why worry about all those possibilities just now? If you're beginning, this set will serve for quite some time. You can upgrade later with all the money you saved from not having to buy individual sets of needles for each of your first few projects.
But I still haven't upgraded mine, and it's been five years now.
ps-The coming-unscrewed problem other reviewers mention can be avoided by using the included tighteners religiously whenever you start a new project (I don't, because I'm lazy and impatient, and still rarely have problems).
Having crocheted since I was a child, I took up knitting when I retired. It's been an adventure trying out all the new techniques in knitting. I can't get over how much less yarn I need to complete a knitted project, then crocheted.
Two winters ago I discovered that the 16" circular is what I needed for hats, and I started a collection 16'' circulars, and found that the Boye circular needles were my favorite, for their smoothness, long points and sturdiness. Some of the other needles (bamboo, plastic, etc.) actually came loose from the cords and were not repairable. Or the yarn would stick at the connection, or it was too awkward to join the circle, because the needles were so straight.
Last fall I started making scarves lenghtwise and triangular shawls, and found that I could get well over 72" of knitting on the 29"" circular. I couldn't spread it out and see how it looked, but I could work on it quite easily, I just needed point protectors when I put it down.
This fall I started a new triangular shawl, where the 2 short sides of the triangle are on the needles. I was working it without any problems, but I couldn't tell how big it was getting or how I looked.
Then I saw this set on E-bay at a very low price with no bids on it. I came over here to Amazon to check out the reviews of the set, which really is expensive, even in the craftstore with the coupon. I couldn't understand why no one was bidding on it. Boye has always been my favorite in crochet hooks and single points, so I went ahead and bid it up. I guess it was my lucky day because I won a brand new set of the Boye needlemaster for a song!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This set is amazing. I was hesitant on purchasing a circle set as I own a dpn set already, I though I was good with just that till I made the choice to buy this. Read morePublished 16 days ago by MiniMoo
convenient and easy to use.nice case, have used it for several projects already. there are a couple things i dislike, i'd like for the sizes to be stamped on the needles and i'm... Read morePublished 28 days ago by Wendy
I would not recommend purchasing this interchangeable circular knitting set, because I have had it for about a year and two of the cables have broken in my needles making it so... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I LOVE this thing. The metal needles make it easy to move my stitches about, and the connectors mean I am able to adjust the length of the cable. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Wendy Carey
completed my interchangeable set,thank you for making it affordable.Published 1 month ago by Marie Stephenson
I have a preference for metal needles and I think this is a great beginner set! It has the most needle sizes available compared to other sets and all the notions to get knitting. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I love this set, it's so beautiful and I love showing it off to people. I used it for the first time yesterday and found like one of the needle tops couldn't screw into the wire. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Renee Clairvoyant