BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 29, 2011
Check out this video review of the CN-160. I highly recommend using this light. It was a lifesaver in a low light wedding event. I mainly shoot video, so this light is awesome for the $$. This light is so bright, I've even used it as a fill light in various lighting situations.

Update:
After using the light a little longer, I'm still a huge fan for the price. However, I should mention a couple of cons (all of which are minor imo).
1. The tungsten filter is too orange for my tastes. So, if you are relying on this light because of the tungsten filter, you may want to reconsider or make your own filter. There's a nice little slot where the filters slide into.
2. The construction is plastic, however, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's cheap plastic. I feel comfortable with the construction, but don't expect it to be indestructible.

All in all, this light still gets 5 stars.
5150+ comments| 2,216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2014
Pretty great. I have used it in a couple of shoots since I got it, its very consistent and very bright. I'll upload some pictures.
review image review image
44 comments| 329 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2015
Fast setups! I have used pro gear, and I have used these. I have to say I was really impressed with what I was able to achieve in such a short amount of time with these lights. They are light, easy to move (when on stands), and easy to control.

The first still is from a night shoot that we had zero ambient light for. I setup a 300W softbox in the back, and lit mostly with about 4-5 of these LED lights. The dimmers are a must, because sometimes you just need to bring out a little texture in the background, but not the whole deal.

The second still shows how the light performs as an edge/back light, I also used a second light to bring out the ambulance, and that's where the dimmer comes in handy. His key was two 300w soft boxes. (I'm not saying this is an amazing lighting setup, but, just wanted to show how they can work in a professional environment - they are so quick and simple.)

The 3rd and 4th stills highlight a cool effect that I just recently started doing, which is pointing these lights right into the camera just off frame to give flares when you're just shooting fairly static and inactive B-roll. With a heavy tungsten light, this would be an arduous ordeal, but, because the lights are so light, portable, and dimmable, it takes a few minutes to get a really cool effect.

If I had to do it over again, I would have sprung for the F970 batts for just a little more peace of mind. I have about six of the F550s, which, are good for about an hour, but, if you're doing any sort of serious shooting and you're trying to move quickly, and then you have to hold up the interview because you need to change out a batt on your lights, that's pretty bad.

Excellent overall though, when used correctly. I have three in my light kit at all times.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2016
Perfect for in studio video lighting--very bright but can control/dim the brightness. Nice daylight type light. I'm using AA batteries but may purchase the recharchable battery pack, depending on how well the lights hold up. However, they don't seem ruggedly built; if I needed equipment that I had to frequently take on the go, I'd probably look for lights with a little better quality housing that could withstand getting tossed into a bag, dropped, etc. These do feel like if they were dropped, the plastic housing would smash to bits... But for my needs (table top video tutorials for YouTube), they are quite sufficient, especially for the price.
on January 30, 2016
Ok, were do I start with this light.....If you are shopping around just stop here and buy! This thing is great!

1. Has intensity gain that is sensitive and works very well.
2. Comes with two shades, a protector for both shades and an instruction paper explains how to use them if you don't know.. That's nice!
3. Has the option to use six double "A" batteries or sold separately the rechargeable battery option. (Don't buy the battery adapter for the rechargeable battery, They ship this with the light) This is great because if you are on a budget you can use regular AA batteries to until you can afford the rechargeable pack for the light which buy the way is not bad. You will get two batteries for the price of $35.00. Yheap that's right TWO...
4. Comes with quick shoe attachments and can mount to standard shoes. This is great because you will not need to buy any extra parts. Just unbox the product, place in some batteries an boom! You are up and running in seconds.

I cannot speak about this product enough. It's well worth your money. I had a person ask me will it light up a dark room....yheap sure will even with the shade on! BUY THIS YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
on July 14, 2016
I strongly recommend that if you DO purchase this or any similar devices that you also purchase at LEAST one LI-ION battery and charger, don't waste your money on high powered AA batteries, try to be a little greener than that. I bought the Wasabi Battery Wasabi Power Battery for Sony NP-FH70, NP-FH60 (2400mAh) and Sony DCR-DVD650, DCR-HC20, DCR-HC21, DCR-HC22, DCR-HC48, DCR-HC51, DCR-HC52, DCR-HC53, DCR-HC62, DCR-SR42, DCR-SR45, DCR-SR65, DCR-SR82, DCR-SR85, DCR-SR200, HDR-CX7, HDR-CX100, HDR-HC9, HDR-SR7, HDR-SR8, HDR-SR10, HDR-SR11, HDR-SR12, HDR-XR500V and the Vivitar charger VIVITAR CHARGER - SONY FH SERIES - . - SCFH100 for same, don't make the mistake of relying on AA batteries, but if you need to in an emergency, they'll work in a pinch.
on December 18, 2016
First off, I want to mention the price. As I searched for on-camera lights, many of the name brand products were relatively expensive (around $100-$150), so I decided to settle for this one. It does have the hot shoe mount, so it will fit on most DSLR's, stabilizers, and tripods. The mount slips in and you can adjust the tightness with a little screw. The light runs on a variety of batteries, but for me I just used 6 AA's and they worked perfectly fine. Just make sure to tape the back with electrical tape or duct tape if using batteries so they will not fall out. It does not come with a case, but it does come with two filters, a diffuser and a 3200k effect, with their own small case. The light was much brighter than I thought it would be, so that's nice. Just make sure to use the diffuser filter as you increase brightness so as to reduce glare and harming your subject's eyes. Overall, a very nice and cheap product that surpassed my expectations.
on December 30, 2016
I own four of these lights and use them daily as a news cameraman. Unfortunately in my line of work there is rarely enough time for a big lighting setup. That's why these are so great. I can easily carry these lights with my camera and tripod and set them up in just a couple minutes.

Although these do not have a color temp adjustment knob, I have still been able to use them in most lighting situations. I can use the amber gel to match around 3200k or take the gel off for 5600k. If it's a little off I can usually correct in post.

If you're a lighting perfectionist then these probably aren't for you. They're more for the "run and gun" photogs that don't have an hour to set up lights.
on September 2, 2017
I use this with my canon rebel T7i and it is quite amazing to use. The panel comes with two different light diffuses. One white and one warm white. It takes 6 AA batteries for those of you wondering and it also has an option where you can buy a Panasonic rechargeable battery which you can use in lieu of the AA batteries. I have been using it for a couple photo shoots and it still hasn't died on me. This locks on the top of your camera and it has multiple settings via slider. It can go to super bright to really dim and it doesn't create that fake flash look either so that's a real big plus especially when you are doing it professionally! Don't look into it unless you enjoy becoming blind
on September 16, 2017
This is a great value! I purchased this originally for a live Facebook feed of an event earlier this year...and it worked great, BUT - when we faced hurricane Irma (we live in SE Georgia) and were without power for 3 days...this light was surprisingly fantastic! It brightly lit one full room (we sat it under a large lamp and shined the light up through the lampshade) - from dusk to 11 pm, and then used it in our bedroom each morning for my husband to shave, and me to find clothes in my walk in closet... ALL of that on the same set of batteries! I was shocked! You'll need a tripod (I used a sturdy but very small telescope tripod ) but frankly, this is something everyone should have on hand!