Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 2,757 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,872 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 3, 2010
I have edited this review to keep up with my new review format, but the sentiments haven't changed!

CONSTRUCTION
Let's start with this: Is this of the same quality as a pro reflector? No. I am already feeling the rim starting to bend in places and ways it shouldn't, but I do not anticipate it breaking any time soon. The panels themselves are made of good quality material, and so far the case has withstood many travels! As one commenter helpfully pointed out, "the reflector folds up into a 16" diameter carrying case that is roughly 3.5" (but can be compressed to about one half that)".

FUNCTION
Does this thing work like it should? Absolutely. As I mentioned it is made of good materials and has held up very well so far. I am a pro photographer, but never above a good deal - I am a big supporter of "the little guy". The versatility of this little reflector is excellent - you can use it for almost any situation, and I find myself switching from silver to gold to translucent within the same shoot, because we all know that changing an angle outdoors can completely change your lighting! Works quite nicely as a shoot-through if you have an assistant to hold it!

OVERALL
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. The sheer quality of this reflector at the price paid, makes the "best bang for your buck" cliché almost bearable! Out of all of my photog friends, not one can pick this out as a budget reflector, and several have been converted. It has stood up to the test of time (see updates below), and that is all I can ask or expect.

Cheap.
Works.
Recommended.

**EDIT**

Almost a year, and PLENTY of shoots later, and this great piece of equipment is still going strong!!! I use this thing on most out door shoots which don't require off camera flash, and for portraits you can't go wrong! Highly recommended still! You can either order from Papa John's this week or get an excellent Reflector...your choice.

**EDIT 2**
It has now been 23 months, and the only issue I have had is some loose threads from the hanging loop. I cut them off, burned them with a lighter to stop any future deterioration and so far I have had no issues. My initial worries about it bending in the wrong places have been totally wiped out - this thing is still going strong. Highly recommended!
2323 comments| 1,282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2016
I am outdoor photographer and these shades are perfect to help me on a sunny day, they work brilliant under bright sun, i never thought as this could actually make my life this easy. I had watched videos to use this but didnt know it will be this good, value for money.

The material is really fine and the stitching is very neat, it has a small bag in which the 45" frame can be folded and kept, the wires around are very flexible can be twisted making it small in size and easy to carry, very rough and tough, i have travelled with it to my photoshoots and each time i open it , use it in sand, muds and otherwise leave it down on the mud, i have to just dust it and its as good as new. The durability is certainly not a concern as considering the money value to i had my doubts about how durable it will be, but actually its really strong and flexible, hence very easy to carry and no maintenance. The material of which its made is good quality and thick. As it can block the sun properly while shooting a image outdoor. Specially on beach you need it to monitor light proper and i was really happy using it. The gold reflection was really very good, bright and illuminating.
I am certainly impressed with the product.
Pros:
1. The material used is very fine and good quality
2. it can be fit into a small pouch making it very easy to carry
3. Durable and needs no maintenance/care
4. Has 5 shades with a zipper you can open the inner isde and have the reflector shades open
5. The gold and silver material is really thick and good
6. Blocks the sun/reflects the light properly
7. It can be used for almost any light setup
8. You can easily switch from gold, to sliver to translucent as you need it and its right there handy for you
Its definitely a steel deal for the money the quality is impeccable and i intend to recommend it to my photographer friends around
Rare to get such good performing light reflector of such fine material at such low cost!
It also has a loop both the cover and the reflector itself making it easy for you to hold it while using it.

Cons: Honestly non for now i could find and share as quality and performance wise this is beyond my expectations, my photos are really coming out very good i am happy with it.

Folding the Reflector:
its very easy you have to hold it with your hands parallel and twist your hands in opposite direction, the ring will twist from center making a round inside the round and the frame will fold completely in 3 circles, just apply pressure when you are twisting the ring.

Sharing some images for you to see it yourself the size of the reflector and the small pouch in which it fits in, making it easy to carry.
If your found this review of any help to you in your purchase please click a yes below
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 10, 2012
Works great and nice small pouch that the reflector easily folds into it. I had already owned windshield sun reflectors that were same design, so folding it back to its pouch was very easy.
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2016
This reflector worked great on my senior photo shoots! My clients (and more importantly, their parents) loved them!
review image review image review image
on December 20, 2015
I was surprised how easy to use. I wanted it photograph Sea anemone and other things in tidal pools it worked great light,easy to carry and easy to fold and put away. Examples posted.
review image review image
on August 7, 2015
I have 2 of these bought at different times (one over a year ago, and just a month or so ago) and while they both will do the job and diffuse and or reflect. They both suffer from the exact same manufacture defect. And that is very very cheap metal used for the zippers. The zippers for the cover and the case have just literally fallen apart in my hands on both of them. Even my friend has one he bought a few months ago and the exact same thing happened.

While the fabric an material that is used for the reflection and diffusion seems to be of good quality. The zippers are total and complete crap, all of them. And I am very careful with how I used the second one because I knew what to expect, even still it broke. I would like to rate higher however half of the purpose of this tool is to be collapsible and portable and to zip up into an easy to use/transport way. Well once both zippers fall off, you cannot do that anymore. So the product overall is just plain cheap and not worth the money.
on October 20, 2016
This product seems really cool at first. It looked perfect to me. Then I got it in the mail, popped it up and noticed a big 4 inch tear against the seam. I figured it was just a fluke machining problem so I returned it and ordered a new one. Then boom I open it up. Same thing. a tear, this one a bit smaller in the seam. I'm not sure if I'm going to return this one as well. If I do, I will be ordering from another company, not Neewer. Obviously their quality control isn't doing a good job over there, as two out of two of the exact same product has manufacturer defects. I don't recommend buying this unless you are OK with a tear in the seem, which will only get bigger over time and make the product unusable. Waste.
review image
on July 20, 2014
This thing is big, love it for my photo shoots (indoor and outdoors). I am uploading some photos. Very good quality and price.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 3, 2016
I don't know why I didn't get this sooner as it's helped my outdoor photography immensely. I no longer have to worry about harsh shadows from direct sunlight on the subject and wait for sunrise or sundown (though that's a great time to take images as well). The two images I've included highlight the diffuser being held over the flowers in direct sunlight.

Take note of the size of the diffuser/reflector: It's almost 4 feet in diameter when fully opened. (3 feet and 7 inches, to be exact.) It's pretty big. Also take note: As others have mentioned, the product itself is a white-colored, translucent diffuser. There is a reversible, opaque, floppy "skin" that zippers over it (and comes already zippered over the diffuser). It's pretty easy to figure out once you look it over. This skin is useful if you're looking for different looks (like using the reflecting gold to give your image a warmer look). If you don't want to use it and were just looking for a diffuser, you don't have to and can store it away.

The only caveats: You must have someone hold the diffuser/reflector or get a stand. The frame is really sturdy and might surprise those who unfurl the diffuser/reflector with its force. Be careful when unfurling and do it in an open area with no people/animals in the way. I can't speak of the durability just yet but the material used for the diffuser and the reflectors seems pretty rugged to me and should last as long as one is not throwing them around carelessly. The zippers don't seem to be super high-quality but we'll see. I'm pretty careful with my gear anyway.

If you're into outdoor photography, you must get this as it will help in those situations where your subject has direct sunlight shining on it. (It will also help when you're in the creative mood for reflecting light or even blocking out light.) Highly recommended.
review image review image
on July 14, 2015
this is a brilliant piece of equipment for a very low price. yes you could go to Walmart and by a poster board to use as a reflector. but they don't last.
review image review image review image review image review image review image