Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 20, 2016
This reflector worked great on my senior photo shoots! My clients (and more importantly, their parents) loved them!
review imagereview imagereview image
92 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 3, 2010
I have edited this review to keep up with my new review format, but the sentiments haven't changed!

CONSTRUCTION
Let's start with this: Is this of the same quality as a pro reflector? No. I am already feeling the rim starting to bend in places and ways it shouldn't, but I do not anticipate it breaking any time soon. The panels themselves are made of good quality material, and so far the case has withstood many travels! As one commenter helpfully pointed out, "the reflector folds up into a 16" diameter carrying case that is roughly 3.5" (but can be compressed to about one half that)".

FUNCTION
Does this thing work like it should? Absolutely. As I mentioned it is made of good materials and has held up very well so far. I am a pro photographer, but never above a good deal - I am a big supporter of "the little guy". The versatility of this little reflector is excellent - you can use it for almost any situation, and I find myself switching from silver to gold to translucent within the same shoot, because we all know that changing an angle outdoors can completely change your lighting! Works quite nicely as a shoot-through if you have an assistant to hold it!

OVERALL
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. The sheer quality of this reflector at the price paid, makes the "best bang for your buck" cliché almost bearable! Out of all of my photog friends, not one can pick this out as a budget reflector, and several have been converted. It has stood up to the test of time (see updates below), and that is all I can ask or expect.

Cheap.
Works.
Recommended.

**EDIT**

Almost a year, and PLENTY of shoots later, and this great piece of equipment is still going strong!!! I use this thing on most out door shoots which don't require off camera flash, and for portraits you can't go wrong! Highly recommended still! You can either order from Papa John's this week or get an excellent Reflector...your choice.

**EDIT 2**
It has now been 23 months, and the only issue I have had is some loose threads from the hanging loop. I cut them off, burned them with a lighter to stop any future deterioration and so far I have had no issues. My initial worries about it bending in the wrong places have been totally wiped out - this thing is still going strong. Highly recommended!
1,426 people found this helpful
|2323 comments|Report abuse
on March 27, 2017
It's definitely MORE than I expected for the price! I personally like the silver for reflecting the sunlight for outdoor portraits if it's cloudy (golden is awesome for blond models), the translucent to defuse the sun through it if it's too sunny, and the white as a reflector for the flash/speedlight for indoors. Light and easy to pack.

p.s. Another possible usage is as a portable backdrop. I used the golden one for one of the attached portraits as a creative backdrop.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 people found this helpful
on July 12, 2016
BUILD QUALITY

PURPOSE/USE

OVERALL
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. The sheer quality of this reflector at the price paid, makes the "best bang for your buck" cliché almost bearable! Out of all of my photography friends, not one can pick this out as a budget reflector, and several have been converted. It has stood up to the test of time, and that is all I can ask or expect.

Cheap.
Works.
Recommended.
4 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2015
I was surprised how easy to use. I wanted it photograph Sea anemone and other things in tidal pools it worked great light,easy to carry and easy to fold and put away. Examples posted.
review imagereview image
28 people found this helpful
on May 20, 2017
Why it took me so long to buy this, I'll never know. I've been a professional photographer for 4 years, but this has taken my photos to a whole new level!!! My photos are brighter and more even than they ever have been. Every outdoor photographer should have one of these (and an assistant to hold them!!)
review imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on December 16, 2017
I bought this kit to use to photograph a friend's wedding. It is well built and compact. Folding it up takes some practice. I used the gold reflector to light up the groom and bride while they were posing for portraits while wading in a river. I needed someone to hold/shine it to get rid of the shadows on the couple and to balance the harsh reflections from the water. It added a warm glow to the couple's skin and lit up her brunette hair with golden tones. I was impressed. I have not used it since, so I haven't played around with the silver, white or diffuser screens. But for the price I would recommend it to other amateur photographers to add to the kit and play around with.
on April 20, 2018
You can't go wrong with this product. It's my first reflector and after using it in my youtube video production and photo shoots, I've already fallen in love with it. I was skeptical about the quality but NEEWER manages to make affordable quality products that are reliable. Many people have highlighted the versatility of the these 5 in 1 reflectors and I can attest to those claims.

It can be used for:
•Diffusion
•Bouncing of a light source
•As a flag for negative fill
•Reflect the sun's golden rays
•Mounted on a reflector stand (which NEEWER also offers) can be used to provide shade on a picnic *life hacks*

This is by far the most affordable reflector that does the job. I was presently surprised by how compact it was and how large it was in real life. You ca look online at how to close them down once they're expanded it's pretty simple for the most part. I'll update later on for the durability. Click the thumbs up if you thought this review was helpful.
on October 2, 2017
Durable and does exactly what I need it to do. It doesn't give me any trouble when it's time to pack up and it retains it's shape perfectly, snapping into a big disc every time. This guy has never let me down. If you buy an arm to hold this on a light stand then make sure you use some kind of weight to keep it down. People are gonna knock into it all the time.

Fairly powerful, the gold side gives off a very warm color even in daylight I love using the diffuser. I've been told by people much more experienced than I am that even though it's good, some are much better. How and why, I cannot say with certainty.
on March 24, 2018
This is a great deal for the money. The size is functional in most situations - the only time it isn't completely sufficient is when using the skrim to shoot wide outdoor couple portraits at high noon on a mercilessly sunny day. At that point, you pretty much need a giant diffuser cloth or canopy, anyway, to block out all the sun, and using this reflector/skrim combo is ultimately the wrong tool for the job.

In all other cases, this is a solid choice. It folds up and collapses like it's supposed to, the zippers are functional, the material serves its purpose. It's well constructed at a negligible cost & will make your entire photographic life much easier. Stop analyzing and prosuming and just get this thing!