Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 2,796 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,908 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 3, 2010
I have edited this review to keep up with my new review format, but the sentiments haven't changed!

CONSTRUCTION
Let's start with this: Is this of the same quality as a pro reflector? No. I am already feeling the rim starting to bend in places and ways it shouldn't, but I do not anticipate it breaking any time soon. The panels themselves are made of good quality material, and so far the case has withstood many travels! As one commenter helpfully pointed out, "the reflector folds up into a 16" diameter carrying case that is roughly 3.5" (but can be compressed to about one half that)".

FUNCTION
Does this thing work like it should? Absolutely. As I mentioned it is made of good materials and has held up very well so far. I am a pro photographer, but never above a good deal - I am a big supporter of "the little guy". The versatility of this little reflector is excellent - you can use it for almost any situation, and I find myself switching from silver to gold to translucent within the same shoot, because we all know that changing an angle outdoors can completely change your lighting! Works quite nicely as a shoot-through if you have an assistant to hold it!

OVERALL
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. The sheer quality of this reflector at the price paid, makes the "best bang for your buck" cliché almost bearable! Out of all of my photog friends, not one can pick this out as a budget reflector, and several have been converted. It has stood up to the test of time (see updates below), and that is all I can ask or expect.

Cheap.
Works.
Recommended.

**EDIT**

Almost a year, and PLENTY of shoots later, and this great piece of equipment is still going strong!!! I use this thing on most out door shoots which don't require off camera flash, and for portraits you can't go wrong! Highly recommended still! You can either order from Papa John's this week or get an excellent Reflector...your choice.

**EDIT 2**
It has now been 23 months, and the only issue I have had is some loose threads from the hanging loop. I cut them off, burned them with a lighter to stop any future deterioration and so far I have had no issues. My initial worries about it bending in the wrong places have been totally wiped out - this thing is still going strong. Highly recommended!
2323 comments| 1,291 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2016
I am outdoor photographer and these shades are perfect to help me on a sunny day, they work brilliant under bright sun, i never thought as this could actually make my life this easy. I had watched videos to use this but didnt know it will be this good, value for money.

The material is really fine and the stitching is very neat, it has a small bag in which the 45" frame can be folded and kept, the wires around are very flexible can be twisted making it small in size and easy to carry, very rough and tough, i have travelled with it to my photoshoots and each time i open it , use it in sand, muds and otherwise leave it down on the mud, i have to just dust it and its as good as new. The durability is certainly not a concern as considering the money value to i had my doubts about how durable it will be, but actually its really strong and flexible, hence very easy to carry and no maintenance. The material of which its made is good quality and thick. As it can block the sun properly while shooting a image outdoor. Specially on beach you need it to monitor light proper and i was really happy using it. The gold reflection was really very good, bright and illuminating.
I am certainly impressed with the product.
Pros:
1. The material used is very fine and good quality
2. it can be fit into a small pouch making it very easy to carry
3. Durable and needs no maintenance/care
4. Has 5 shades with a zipper you can open the inner isde and have the reflector shades open
5. The gold and silver material is really thick and good
6. Blocks the sun/reflects the light properly
7. It can be used for almost any light setup
8. You can easily switch from gold, to sliver to translucent as you need it and its right there handy for you
Its definitely a steel deal for the money the quality is impeccable and i intend to recommend it to my photographer friends around
Rare to get such good performing light reflector of such fine material at such low cost!
It also has a loop both the cover and the reflector itself making it easy for you to hold it while using it.

Cons: Honestly non for now i could find and share as quality and performance wise this is beyond my expectations, my photos are really coming out very good i am happy with it.

Folding the Reflector:
its very easy you have to hold it with your hands parallel and twist your hands in opposite direction, the ring will twist from center making a round inside the round and the frame will fold completely in 3 circles, just apply pressure when you are twisting the ring.

Sharing some images for you to see it yourself the size of the reflector and the small pouch in which it fits in, making it easy to carry.
If your found this review of any help to you in your purchase please click a yes below
review image review image review image review image review image
on September 20, 2016
This reflector worked great on my senior photo shoots! My clients (and more importantly, their parents) loved them!
review image review image review image
on December 10, 2012
Works great and nice small pouch that the reflector easily folds into it. I had already owned windshield sun reflectors that were same design, so folding it back to its pouch was very easy.
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2015
I have 2 of these bought at different times (one over a year ago, and just a month or so ago) and while they both will do the job and diffuse and or reflect. They both suffer from the exact same manufacture defect. And that is very very cheap metal used for the zippers. The zippers for the cover and the case have just literally fallen apart in my hands on both of them. Even my friend has one he bought a few months ago and the exact same thing happened.

While the fabric an material that is used for the reflection and diffusion seems to be of good quality. The zippers are total and complete crap, all of them. And I am very careful with how I used the second one because I knew what to expect, even still it broke. I would like to rate higher however half of the purpose of this tool is to be collapsible and portable and to zip up into an easy to use/transport way. Well once both zippers fall off, you cannot do that anymore. So the product overall is just plain cheap and not worth the money.
on October 28, 2016
Very useful device that most studio photographers and anyone shooting portraits, fashion, or glamour (in studio or on location) should own. You really need an assistant to hold it in most cases (I do have a telescoping arm that will hold it on a light stand, but that's cumbersome), but it is worth having and using when you can. I recommend using all 5 modes to see what they do. The translucent inner disk is fun to use as a diffuser, especially outdoors in direct sun. It's a good way to soften that harsh mid-day sunshine and salvage a portrait opportunity.
This set has been my sidekick for a year now and I love the quality of them. They have been taken out and stored again hundreds of times. They are still in mint condition a year later. Their storage bag is also still in mint condition. I would recommend this set to anyone who asks. A lot of sellers have these sets and I have seen and handled others. None have been as durable as this particular set. In general, I love Neewer products. This is just one more product that brought me happiness :) Attached is my set pictured one year later after a lot of use.
review image review image
on July 14, 2015
this is a brilliant piece of equipment for a very low price. yes you could go to Walmart and by a poster board to use as a reflector. but they don't last.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 20, 2014
This thing is big, love it for my photo shoots (indoor and outdoors). I am uploading some photos. Very good quality and price.
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 20, 2015
I was surprised how easy to use. I wanted it photograph Sea anemone and other things in tidal pools it worked great light,easy to carry and easy to fold and put away. Examples posted.
review image review image