Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on September 20, 2016
This reflector worked great on my senior photo shoots! My clients (and more importantly, their parents) loved them!
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 3, 2010
I have edited this review to keep up with my new review format, but the sentiments haven't changed!

CONSTRUCTION
Let's start with this: Is this of the same quality as a pro reflector? No. I am already feeling the rim starting to bend in places and ways it shouldn't, but I do not anticipate it breaking any time soon. The panels themselves are made of good quality material, and so far the case has withstood many travels! As one commenter helpfully pointed out, "the reflector folds up into a 16" diameter carrying case that is roughly 3.5" (but can be compressed to about one half that)".

FUNCTION
Does this thing work like it should? Absolutely. As I mentioned it is made of good materials and has held up very well so far. I am a pro photographer, but never above a good deal - I am a big supporter of "the little guy". The versatility of this little reflector is excellent - you can use it for almost any situation, and I find myself switching from silver to gold to translucent within the same shoot, because we all know that changing an angle outdoors can completely change your lighting! Works quite nicely as a shoot-through if you have an assistant to hold it!

OVERALL
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. The sheer quality of this reflector at the price paid, makes the "best bang for your buck" cliché almost bearable! Out of all of my photog friends, not one can pick this out as a budget reflector, and several have been converted. It has stood up to the test of time (see updates below), and that is all I can ask or expect.

Cheap.
Works.
Recommended.

**EDIT**

Almost a year, and PLENTY of shoots later, and this great piece of equipment is still going strong!!! I use this thing on most out door shoots which don't require off camera flash, and for portraits you can't go wrong! Highly recommended still! You can either order from Papa John's this week or get an excellent Reflector...your choice.

**EDIT 2**
It has now been 23 months, and the only issue I have had is some loose threads from the hanging loop. I cut them off, burned them with a lighter to stop any future deterioration and so far I have had no issues. My initial worries about it bending in the wrong places have been totally wiped out - this thing is still going strong. Highly recommended!
2323 comments| 1,407 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 14, 2016
I am outdoor photographer and these shades are perfect to help me on a sunny day, they work brilliant under bright sun, i never thought as this could actually make my life this easy. I had watched videos to use this but didnt know it will be this good, value for money.

The material is really fine and the stitching is very neat, it has a small bag in which the 45" frame can be folded and kept, the wires around are very flexible can be twisted making it small in size and easy to carry, very rough and tough, i have travelled with it to my photoshoots and each time i open it , use it in sand, muds and otherwise leave it down on the mud, i have to just dust it and its as good as new. The durability is certainly not a concern as considering the money value to i had my doubts about how durable it will be, but actually its really strong and flexible, hence very easy to carry and no maintenance. The material of which its made is good quality and thick. As it can block the sun properly while shooting a image outdoor. Specially on beach you need it to monitor light proper and i was really happy using it. The gold reflection was really very good, bright and illuminating.
I am certainly impressed with the product.
Pros:
1. The material used is very fine and good quality
2. it can be fit into a small pouch making it very easy to carry
3. Durable and needs no maintenance/care
4. Has 5 shades with a zipper you can open the inner isde and have the reflector shades open
5. The gold and silver material is really thick and good
6. Blocks the sun/reflects the light properly
7. It can be used for almost any light setup
8. You can easily switch from gold, to sliver to translucent as you need it and its right there handy for you
Its definitely a steel deal for the money the quality is impeccable and i intend to recommend it to my photographer friends around
Rare to get such good performing light reflector of such fine material at such low cost!
It also has a loop both the cover and the reflector itself making it easy for you to hold it while using it.

Cons: Honestly non for now i could find and share as quality and performance wise this is beyond my expectations, my photos are really coming out very good i am happy with it.

Folding the Reflector:
its very easy you have to hold it with your hands parallel and twist your hands in opposite direction, the ring will twist from center making a round inside the round and the frame will fold completely in 3 circles, just apply pressure when you are twisting the ring.

Sharing some images for you to see it yourself the size of the reflector and the small pouch in which it fits in, making it easy to carry.
[...]
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 27, 2017
It's definitely MORE than I expected for the price! I personally like the silver for reflecting the sunlight for outdoor portraits if it's cloudy (golden is awesome for blond models), the translucent to defuse the sun through it if it's too sunny, and the white as a reflector for the flash/speedlight for indoors. Light and easy to pack.

p.s. Another possible usage is as a portable backdrop. I used the golden one for one of the attached portraits as a creative backdrop.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on July 12, 2016
BUILD QUALITY

PURPOSE/USE

OVERALL
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. The sheer quality of this reflector at the price paid, makes the "best bang for your buck" cliché almost bearable! Out of all of my photography friends, not one can pick this out as a budget reflector, and several have been converted. It has stood up to the test of time, and that is all I can ask or expect.

Cheap.
Works.
Recommended.
on December 20, 2015
I was surprised how easy to use. I wanted it photograph Sea anemone and other things in tidal pools it worked great light,easy to carry and easy to fold and put away. Examples posted.
review imagereview image
on May 20, 2017
Why it took me so long to buy this, I'll never know. I've been a professional photographer for 4 years, but this has taken my photos to a whole new level!!! My photos are brighter and more even than they ever have been. Every outdoor photographer should have one of these (and an assistant to hold them!!)
review imagereview image
This works perfectly for me I use it in almost every shoot! Great for bouncing studio light for an under eye highlight and its also great for bouncing sunlight in those harsh conditions. My only caveats are that the gold side can look rather unnatural and I wish they would make the gold more of a gold/silver tone to balance it out. I also wish that the black panel was actually a gray card which would be TREMENDOUSLY more useful than having a black panel. Which in my opinion seems like a wasted opportunity. All an all I think a reflector of this size is almost a must for any photographers kit. Two stars removed because of the unnatural gold tone so I almost never use that color, and the wasted black panel which i've NEVER had a reason to use.
This is a handy, very portable reflector system. It packs up into a surprisingly small zippered pack approx 16 in. diameter and 2 in. thick. It uncoils easily for use and feels well made and durable. It comes with a clever reversible cover that offers gold, silver, black, and white reflective surfaces. Without the cover it is a translucent white diffuser. Because of it's small size and light weight it will go with me everywhere I shoot.

Opening it is super easy. It pretty much springs open on it's own. Folding it takes a little practice, but once you get the technique it is pretty easy. You have to fold and twist at the same time to get the wire frame to coil. Then slip it in the handy pouch and you're good to go!
on December 16, 2017
I bought this kit to use to photograph a friend's wedding. It is well built and compact. Folding it up takes some practice. I used the gold reflector to light up the groom and bride while they were posing for portraits while wading in a river. I needed someone to hold/shine it to get rid of the shadows on the couple and to balance the harsh reflections from the water. It added a warm glow to the couple's skin and lit up her brunette hair with golden tones. I was impressed. I have not used it since, so I haven't played around with the silver, white or diffuser screens. But for the price I would recommend it to other amateur photographers to add to the kit and play around with.