Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,895 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,011 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 3, 2010
I have edited this review to keep up with my new review format, but the sentiments haven't changed!

CONSTRUCTION
Let's start with this: Is this of the same quality as a pro reflector? No. I am already feeling the rim starting to bend in places and ways it shouldn't, but I do not anticipate it breaking any time soon. The panels themselves are made of good quality material, and so far the case has withstood many travels! As one commenter helpfully pointed out, "the reflector folds up into a 16" diameter carrying case that is roughly 3.5" (but can be compressed to about one half that)".

FUNCTION
Does this thing work like it should? Absolutely. As I mentioned it is made of good materials and has held up very well so far. I am a pro photographer, but never above a good deal - I am a big supporter of "the little guy". The versatility of this little reflector is excellent - you can use it for almost any situation, and I find myself switching from silver to gold to translucent within the same shoot, because we all know that changing an angle outdoors can completely change your lighting! Works quite nicely as a shoot-through if you have an assistant to hold it!

OVERALL
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. The sheer quality of this reflector at the price paid, makes the "best bang for your buck" cliché almost bearable! Out of all of my photog friends, not one can pick this out as a budget reflector, and several have been converted. It has stood up to the test of time (see updates below), and that is all I can ask or expect.

Cheap.
Works.
Recommended.

**EDIT**

Almost a year, and PLENTY of shoots later, and this great piece of equipment is still going strong!!! I use this thing on most out door shoots which don't require off camera flash, and for portraits you can't go wrong! Highly recommended still! You can either order from Papa John's this week or get an excellent Reflector...your choice.

**EDIT 2**
It has now been 23 months, and the only issue I have had is some loose threads from the hanging loop. I cut them off, burned them with a lighter to stop any future deterioration and so far I have had no issues. My initial worries about it bending in the wrong places have been totally wiped out - this thing is still going strong. Highly recommended!
2323 comments| 1,326 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2016
This reflector worked great on my senior photo shoots! My clients (and more importantly, their parents) loved them!
review image review image review image
on July 14, 2016
I am outdoor photographer and these shades are perfect to help me on a sunny day, they work brilliant under bright sun, i never thought as this could actually make my life this easy. I had watched videos to use this but didnt know it will be this good, value for money.

The material is really fine and the stitching is very neat, it has a small bag in which the 45" frame can be folded and kept, the wires around are very flexible can be twisted making it small in size and easy to carry, very rough and tough, i have travelled with it to my photoshoots and each time i open it , use it in sand, muds and otherwise leave it down on the mud, i have to just dust it and its as good as new. The durability is certainly not a concern as considering the money value to i had my doubts about how durable it will be, but actually its really strong and flexible, hence very easy to carry and no maintenance. The material of which its made is good quality and thick. As it can block the sun properly while shooting a image outdoor. Specially on beach you need it to monitor light proper and i was really happy using it. The gold reflection was really very good, bright and illuminating.
I am certainly impressed with the product.
Pros:
1. The material used is very fine and good quality
2. it can be fit into a small pouch making it very easy to carry
3. Durable and needs no maintenance/care
4. Has 5 shades with a zipper you can open the inner isde and have the reflector shades open
5. The gold and silver material is really thick and good
6. Blocks the sun/reflects the light properly
7. It can be used for almost any light setup
8. You can easily switch from gold, to sliver to translucent as you need it and its right there handy for you
Its definitely a steel deal for the money the quality is impeccable and i intend to recommend it to my photographer friends around
Rare to get such good performing light reflector of such fine material at such low cost!
It also has a loop both the cover and the reflector itself making it easy for you to hold it while using it.

Cons: Honestly non for now i could find and share as quality and performance wise this is beyond my expectations, my photos are really coming out very good i am happy with it.

Folding the Reflector:
its very easy you have to hold it with your hands parallel and twist your hands in opposite direction, the ring will twist from center making a round inside the round and the frame will fold completely in 3 circles, just apply pressure when you are twisting the ring.

Sharing some images for you to see it yourself the size of the reflector and the small pouch in which it fits in, making it easy to carry.
[...]
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 3, 2016
I don't know why I didn't get this sooner as it's helped my outdoor photography immensely. I no longer have to worry about harsh shadows from direct sunlight on the subject and wait for sunrise or sundown (though that's a great time to take images as well). The two images I've included highlight the diffuser being held over the flowers in direct sunlight.

Take note of the size of the diffuser/reflector: It's almost 4 feet in diameter when fully opened. (3 feet and 7 inches, to be exact.) It's pretty big. Also take note: As others have mentioned, the product itself is a white-colored, translucent diffuser. There is a reversible, opaque, floppy "skin" that zippers over it (and comes already zippered over the diffuser). It's pretty easy to figure out once you look it over. This skin is useful if you're looking for different looks (like using the reflecting gold to give your image a warmer look). If you don't want to use it and were just looking for a diffuser, you don't have to and can store it away.

The only caveats: You must have someone hold the diffuser/reflector or get a stand. The frame is really sturdy and might surprise those who unfurl the diffuser/reflector with its force. Be careful when unfurling and do it in an open area with no people/animals in the way. I can't speak of the durability just yet but the material used for the diffuser and the reflectors seems pretty rugged to me and should last as long as one is not throwing them around carelessly. The zippers don't seem to be super high-quality but we'll see. I'm pretty careful with my gear anyway.

If you're into outdoor photography, you must get this as it will help in those situations where your subject has direct sunlight shining on it. (It will also help when you're in the creative mood for reflecting light or even blocking out light.) Highly recommended.
review image review image
on July 12, 2016
BUILD QUALITY

PURPOSE/USE

OVERALL
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. The sheer quality of this reflector at the price paid, makes the "best bang for your buck" cliché almost bearable! Out of all of my photography friends, not one can pick this out as a budget reflector, and several have been converted. It has stood up to the test of time, and that is all I can ask or expect.

Cheap.
Works.
Recommended.
on May 25, 2017
This is a handy, very portable reflector system. It packs up into a surprisingly small zippered pack approx 16 in. diameter and 2 in. thick. It uncoils easily for use and feels well made and durable. It comes with a clever reversible cover that offers gold, silver, black, and white reflective surfaces. Without the cover it is a translucent white diffuser. Because of it's small size and light weight it will go with me everywhere I shoot.

Opening it is super easy. It pretty much springs open on it's own. Folding it takes a little practice, but once you get the technique it is pretty easy. You have to fold and twist at the same time to get the wire frame to coil. Then slip it in the handy pouch and you're good to go!
on June 4, 2017
These are great reflectors for the price and were larger than I expected (they are 43" as advertised). I should have realized this from the pictures but it's important to realize you can only use one of these reflectors at a time as the filter is the only frame and the reflectors are just covers that zip over the frame. I really need black, translucent, and gold or white reflectors that I can combine in a single shoot. So, I will most likely keep these but will need to buy another set to give me the flexibility I need in shooting.
review image
on August 3, 2017
A very useful and well made reflector and diffuser. The ring feels like deforming with time, but I have used this for a while now, always folding it back into its little bag - no deformation whatsoever. It is very useful to have a diffuser base to the reflector, saved my life out on the shooting trip a couple times now. All the other reflectors do their job as they have to. The only thing to note is that this is a quite big and heavy piece. Even though it has a nice and compact bag to carry it around, shooting with one hand and holding the reflector with another is quite challenging.
on May 23, 2017
This is essentially the same review I posted for the 40x60 set. I bought them at the same time and used them both for the same shoot. These are great for the money used them for the very first time to shoot some prom pictures of my son just 1 day after I received them so I had no time to practice with them. The photo's came out amazing. They reflect light beautifully they are light and easy to take with me. I am not a proffesional so I do not know how they would hold up to very heavy use(they could be perfectly fine). For my purposes the quality is excellent and I anticipate they will last a long time. Keep in mind this is actually one opaque diffuser with 4 different color covers. They are easy to change If you are looking for an inexpensive reflector these are well worth the money. I am not disappointed
on April 8, 2017
OMG I thought that these were 5 different reflectors. It is but the zipper zips on and off different colors and they are reversible. They come in a black bag. They are really hard to fold back down to put in the bag but its cool because I just keep it flat behind my bed. I do love the way that the gold one reflects off of my skin. I feel so golden and royal. They are the perfect size to give me the right glow in different settings.