Truck Reviews HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on December 2, 2012
This mono earphone is cheap and works well. Mine was ordered from the seller BestDealUSA. The quality is above average. The cord is very long, about 45", and very thin and flexible (felt more like silicone coated, instead of cheap plastic).
15 people found this helpful
on August 20, 2015
I wasn't sure what to expect for $4. Seems like decent build quality, it definitely channels both L and R audio into one earbud. It only comes with one rubber ear piece, so I swapped it out for a different size from another set of ear buds. I'm not an audiophile, but the sound quality is crummy. It sounds like I stuffed a cotton ball in my ear when I'm using it. I played with the equalizer settings on my iPod and couldn't get much improvement. It produces a muffled, flat sound. If my intent was to actually listen closely to music or podcasts with this, and not just sweat into it and compliment wind noise out on the road, I'd send it back. BUT … I DO get both channels in one ear (have you ever missed the full effect of your favorite part of a song by having only one ear in? No good!) while I'm out riding my bike now, and don't have the unused bud dangling down my jersey. I'll probably spend more on a different item when this one wears out.
on December 21, 2013
Can't beat these for the price! To be clear, you get TWO single cord earbuds in the package. Get 'em while they are still this price.Clear sound. Would buy again in a flash.
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 11, 2013
I wanted specifically mono earphones, because I only use one side and was tired of the unused earbud dangling around my chest all the time. I wanted something inexpensive because I tend to be hard on earbuds (drop them and step on them, close them in the car door, etc.). Sound's not terrific, but I use them for audio books, not music, so that's not quite as important. Whether they hold up is yet to be seen.
8 people found this helpful
on May 28, 2013
Like another reviewer, I wanted a stereo to mono earpiece to listen to podcasts while I fall asleep. I ordered two of these, and they both worked upon arrival. Construction appears to be on par for cheap earbuds.

My only issues - the sound on its own is fairly midrangey and a bit harsh, and also a bit quiet. If you're listening to music this might not be the best choice.

Luckily my Mp3 player (Sansa clipzip) and my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7") have graphic equalizers available so I can tailor the EQ for voice and make the sound more acceptable. These things do the job, and it's tough to complain, given the price, but I also have some very cheap stereo earbuds that sound better than these.

I'd give 3.5 if I could.
on July 29, 2013
My right ear is deaf. Dual stereo ear buds are a nuisance with one bud dangling. Rt channel in one ear, Lt channel dangles, so sound is incomplete. This is not a true mono earphone, you only get one channel.
Easy corrections;
1) Set device to Mono, most devices don't have that option today.
2) I learned with Dual Buds. Buy a Stereo to Mono plug adapter. Stereo plugs has 3 connections, Mono plugs have 2 connections, combining Lt and Rt channel to one speaker.
Stereo to Mono plugs are under $2.00, and just plug in between Stereo plug and source. I will order a few more, for other devises.
on March 4, 2017
These Mono Earphones are hard to find now and this one was good but the quality of sound was not what I expected. So I removed the ear bud and put the one I was using with a broken cord and connector plug in its place. Now everything is perfect. It just took a little work.
on April 20, 2013
Ordered this particular product not so much from reviews but rather it was literally the only type available.
I was looking for a single ear type headphone as I prefer to not plug up both ears even when listening to media.
This item is pretty basic. The earbud is a rubber type attached to a somewhat lightweight, 47" cord ending with the 3.5mm male plug. Long-term durabliity remains to be seen.
In usage I found while the audio performance to be adequate, quality was lacking. I could distinguish voices adequately, but the overall audio was tinny and hollow, music particularly suffers. In all fairness I have not yet reset my devices' sound from stereo to mono so quality may improve but I doubt it.
So far this product performs about average if your listening is restricted to voice only and not music or anything that has audio effects.
on June 8, 2013
I do not like these at all. I didn't expect stereo or booming base; I didn't expect much at all because they were so cheap. I just wanted to hear my portable TV a little better. With these, I can't even make out words being said because they're so muffled. I would definitely not consider these again.
4 people found this helpful
on May 28, 2013
As other reviewers have mentioned, the product works just ok. My biggest gripes are the following: (1) the cord is too think (almost to the point of being flimsy). On the flip side, it's very flexible. (2) The plastic on the ear bud is really really really bad. It's not a tight fit, and the circular edge chafes against the ear (because it folds on itself.)
The sound quality itself is not too bad.
I paid $3 for it so shouldn't really complain...
2 people found this helpful