Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 24, 2017
My biggest fear was shooting in broad daylight. I was intimated by shadows and knew nothing about lighting. I didn't have the time given the ideal of my sessions, to set up off camera flash. So I invested in a couple products. The middle right and bottom left are both created with ONLY this product. The bottom right is created with this product AND a flash diffuser made by the same company. I highly recommend this product to someone in the same position as me. It's half the price of other speedlites and works flawlessly.
review image
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 20, 2011
***NOTE*** THIS IS A MANUAL FLASH...YOU CANNOT USE YOUR CANON CAMERA FLASH MENU TO CONTROL THE FLASH.

I must say, I didn't have high expectations for this flash. I checked some of the reviews and they were mixed, but reviews are a small part of the reason I make a purchase. The flash is pretty well built for the price range, and seems like it will last for a long time. The optical slave NEVER misses, and it's extremely sensitive even when it's turned in the opposite direction of the master flash. Even though I'm a professional Photographer...to me...Light is light no matter where it comes from. If your flash cost you $500...can I use this flash an create the same image?...You bet I can...How you use your equipment is more important than what equipment you have. Don't get me wrong though...more expensive pieces of equipment usually have more options and allow you certain freedoms, but ehhh...learn with the cheap stuff, and once you see your limits with this equipment...move on from there.

******************************************

Update!!!!: 9/11/2013

First of all (today is 9/11) my condolences to those who have lost loved ones as I did in the attacks)

It has been ALMOST 2 years since I've purchased 3 of these flashes, and they are still working PERFECTLY!!!
I'm not a fan of spending money on things that will breakdown in the future, and these flashes have been banged around and thrown all over the place yet they still continue to produce excellent light for my photography needs.

I usually use them for background, hair lights, and sometimes as a filler when it's needed and they have been great. The construction is solid, ease of use is key, optical slave is super sensitive and reliable. When you have good batteries in them...the recycle time is quick. I recommend VERY good rechargeable batteries (eneloop and powerex have never failed me).

******************************************
Update: 12/9/2013

I ordered another one today to use as another slave...the other 3 that I have are still working perfectly fine and I have never had a problem with them at all. for such a cheap product...it's pretty shocking that they last this long and contunue to fire on command in slave mode without a miss!!!! I might be getting 2 more of these for a total of 6...some of my light setups are very elaborate, and I've learned the distance to power ratio in my studio of these flashes and never need to meter tham...they add light just where I need it when I have a snoot on each one. PERFECT!!!
review imagereview imagereview image
5150+ comments| 1,493 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 24, 2013
I have been a professional wedding photographer for 7 years. I have owned the nikon sb600, sb700 and sb900. After the sb600 flash tube broke and repair was almost $200 I got the sb900. Hate every minute with the sb900 (esp for the price). I use on and off camera flash and after my sb900 died at a wedding I looked into a non nikon option. I found this flash. After reading reviews and seeing the price I ordered 2. I have shot around 6 weddings so far using this flash both on and off camera. I am zoo happy with this flash I will never buy another nikon.

Recycle time is quick (if not on the most powerful setting). Battery life is pretty good. Produces overall very even nice powerful light. I can say I honestly see no difference between the power of this flash versus the sb600 and sb700. Sb900 was more powerful but the flash is a pain in the butt to overall and I never need that much power.

For the price and quality I am very happy and plan on buying 2 more for my off camera flash systems. If you can and know how to shoot in manual and how to control your flash, this flash is for you. If you need the camera and flash to think for you, maybe this is not the best option. Light is light and although it is not a fancy name it does the job. I am interested to see how long these will last me :)
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 6, 2017
You CANNOT go wrong with this flash, if you're looking for a flash without any kind of TTL.

I can't find anything negative about this flash, so let's get to the positive stuff!

The flash feels sturdy, the sensor is sensitive and hasn't missed firing for me yet, the built in diffuser and bounce card are nice, and feel solid, the power switch has a nice responsive "snap" to it, all the LED indicators on the back are nice and bright, and you can move the head to pretty much anywhere you need to direct the light. When moving the head up and down, there are "clicks", and indicator marks for 45, 60, and 75 degrees, but it will also stay at places less than 45 degrees as well, if that makes sense. In other words, if you aim it straight ahead, and then start moving the head upward, it will stay wherever you put it, but it sort of "snaps in" at the 45, 60, and 75 degree points.

I'm using standard rechargeable Energizer batteries, and the refresh rate is virtually instant up until you hit half or full power. Even at those levels, the refresh rate is actually closer to 2.5 seconds (full power). I just bought a second TT560, and the refresh rate is the same on it.

I can see why so many people reviewing this flash have ended up buying more than one. Given that the TTL isn't always producing the exact result you are looking for, if you decide to go with a manual flash, you should check this one out. You could buy six of these for the cost of ONE of the big name brand flashes.
on May 7, 2013
positives:
(1). comes with a built in bounce card and wide angle diffuser (you dont even need this with anything narrower than 18mm)
(2). 8 steps of manual control in 1/8th stop increments (1/128, 1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1/1)
(3). has an auto overheat shutoff
(4). has a PC sync cord so it can be used with PC capable light meters and cameras.
(5). the controls are super simple, bright, and easy to see even at a glance
(6). rotates 270 degrees and tilts from 0 to 90 degrees
(7). it feels nice in the hand. heavy but not bulky or overweighted. doesn't feel cheap, the hot shoe locking screw is secure but not too tight. there's no rattling or any sort of movement that's unwanted. stays securely on your hot shoe.
(8). HAS A SLAVE MODE. the slave is super sensitive and fires every time if you give it time to recharge (.1s for 1/164 and 5s for 1/1) and it even has a "slave 2 mode" that will fire only once your master and 1st slave have fired.
(9). CHEAP AS HELL
now for the negatives
(1). tilting the head from the horizontal to vertical position works like it should and clicks into the designated 45, 60, and 75 degree positions without a problem but when tilting it back from vertical to horizontally seems to get caught on something and takes more force and makes a different sound than the clicking that it should when changing the angle.
(2). the battery chamber has a problem. some brands of AA batteries work fine but others dont meet the contacts like they should. i tested the batteries and made sure they weren't just dead but there's just a problem with the way that batteries fit in the compartment. here's what i've found:
Energizer regular and rechargeable = works fine
Duracell = works fine
panasonic regular and rechargeable = will not work
i tried everything with the panasonic batteries. i switched the order of them, wiped off the leads and even scuffed them up a little with some sandpaper, i tried everything. panasonic batteries and this flash just dont like each other. sorry.
**if you've tested any other brands of normal or rechargeable batteries and can tell if they do or dont work please comment below to let others know.**
1818 comments| 516 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 3, 2016
I just love this flash!! I am a novice photographer and still learning technique. This flash is awesome. It gives you better quality pictures because there is more light source around you.

The tilt is so great on this. The head spins in a full 360 degrees. You can use this on the shoe of the camera or as a slave. To put the external flash in slave mode, all you do is click the button to S1. If you want to attach it back to your camera, you click the button to the M with the same mode button. It has a click button for on and off. If you leave it on for a while without shooting, it doesn't completely drain it. You can put the flash at a very bright or a lesser flash as there are 8 different intensity levels.

It comes with light buffer attached right to the flash, as shown in the picture.

This is used on my canon rebel t3. It doesn't make the camera unbearably heavy either.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on January 8, 2018
I purchased 1 of these TT560 flashes and was so happy that I bought 2 more. I use them with NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Triggers on my Nikon D40 and D5300. I mount them to the hotshoe and they trigger perfectly. Very easy to adjust the light output level. On low to med they will trigger as fast as I can shoot. On med to High level they will trigger rapidly a couple times then need about 1-2 secs between shots. Not as powerful as a 120v speed flash but so much more portable and much less expensive.
on September 2, 2016
Did I purchase a used flash? This looks used.
review imagereview image
on May 28, 2017
Initially, I was VERY wary about buying this because camera equipment can be iffy if you're buying it online. I was worried that it would only work once or wouldn't work at all, especially because of the low price. But I was pleasantly surprised! It works wonderfully and it makes my pictures look so much better compared to the flash that's already attached to my camera. Don't let the price deter you. This product works well! My only tip is that you buy good quality batteries so that it lasts longer. The last thing you want is for your flash to die midway through an event or photoshoot.
on September 20, 2017
Mine didn't come with mini stand.... I didn't bother to send it back as I use it on the light stand most of time, anyway, just saying, to check your package when you receive it. It works optically (using on camera flash to trigger it) but it works better in a darker room, if too much ambient light it would miss a few flash. One time I find swiveling the flashgun away from the softbox and lightstand seems to helpful to receive the optical signals better so now I don't bend the flashgun too much, probably make it parallel to the ground when attached to a softbox... still trying to see if this will take better signals or just my own imagination... Anyway, I am going to order flash trigger because I don't want to have on camera flash to affect the products I shoot.