Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,518 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,641 reviews
on December 20, 2011
***NOTE*** THIS IS A MANUAL FLASH...YOU CANNOT USE YOUR CANON CAMERA FLASH MENU TO CONTROL THE FLASH.

I must say, I didn't have high expectations for this flash. I checked some of the reviews and they were mixed, but reviews are a small part of the reason I make a purchase. The flash is pretty well built for the price range, and seems like it will last for a long time. The optical slave NEVER misses, and it's extremely sensitive even when it's turned in the opposite direction of the master flash. Even though I'm a professional Photographer...to me...Light is light no matter where it comes from. If your flash cost you $500...can I use this flash an create the same image?...You bet I can...How you use your equipment is more important than what equipment you have. Don't get me wrong though...more expensive pieces of equipment usually have more options and allow you certain freedoms, but ehhh...learn with the cheap stuff, and once you see your limits with this equipment...move on from there.

******************************************

Update!!!!: 9/11/2013

First of all (today is 9/11) my condolences to those who have lost loved ones as I did in the attacks)

It has been ALMOST 2 years since I've purchased 3 of these flashes, and they are still working PERFECTLY!!!
I'm not a fan of spending money on things that will breakdown in the future, and these flashes have been banged around and thrown all over the place yet they still continue to produce excellent light for my photography needs.

I usually use them for background, hair lights, and sometimes as a filler when it's needed and they have been great. The construction is solid, ease of use is key, optical slave is super sensitive and reliable. When you have good batteries in them...the recycle time is quick. I recommend VERY good rechargeable batteries (eneloop and powerex have never failed me).

******************************************
Update: 12/9/2013

I ordered another one today to use as another slave...the other 3 that I have are still working perfectly fine and I have never had a problem with them at all. for such a cheap product...it's pretty shocking that they last this long and contunue to fire on command in slave mode without a miss!!!! I might be getting 2 more of these for a total of 6...some of my light setups are very elaborate, and I've learned the distance to power ratio in my studio of these flashes and never need to meter tham...they add light just where I need it when I have a snoot on each one. PERFECT!!!
review image review image review image
5150+ comments| 1,424 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2013
positives:
(1). comes with a built in bounce card and wide angle diffuser (you dont even need this with anything narrower than 18mm)
(2). 8 steps of manual control in 1/8th stop increments (1/128, 1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1/1)
(3). has an auto overheat shutoff
(4). has a PC sync cord so it can be used with PC capable light meters and cameras.
(5). the controls are super simple, bright, and easy to see even at a glance
(6). rotates 270 degrees and tilts from 0 to 90 degrees
(7). it feels nice in the hand. heavy but not bulky or overweighted. doesn't feel cheap, the hot shoe locking screw is secure but not too tight. there's no rattling or any sort of movement that's unwanted. stays securely on your hot shoe.
(8). HAS A SLAVE MODE. the slave is super sensitive and fires every time if you give it time to recharge (.1s for 1/164 and 5s for 1/1) and it even has a "slave 2 mode" that will fire only once your master and 1st slave have fired.
(9). CHEAP AS HELL
now for the negatives
(1). tilting the head from the horizontal to vertical position works like it should and clicks into the designated 45, 60, and 75 degree positions without a problem but when tilting it back from vertical to horizontally seems to get caught on something and takes more force and makes a different sound than the clicking that it should when changing the angle.
(2). the battery chamber has a problem. some brands of AA batteries work fine but others dont meet the contacts like they should. i tested the batteries and made sure they weren't just dead but there's just a problem with the way that batteries fit in the compartment. here's what i've found:
Energizer regular and rechargeable = works fine
Duracell = works fine
panasonic regular and rechargeable = will not work
i tried everything with the panasonic batteries. i switched the order of them, wiped off the leads and even scuffed them up a little with some sandpaper, i tried everything. panasonic batteries and this flash just dont like each other. sorry.
**if you've tested any other brands of normal or rechargeable batteries and can tell if they do or dont work please comment below to let others know.**
1818 comments| 477 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2017
Fantastic speedlite. I have two 600 exrt speedlites, and they're awesome work horses. The wireless capability is one of my favorite features. But the Neewer tt560 is a great solution for a back up. I use manual settings on my 600s anyway, so the Neewer does exactly what I need it to do. I actually used this as the main, and left the 600s in the bag for a reception yesterday. I'll be getting more of these for outdoor shoots where I have to blast full power. Then I'll use my 600s whenever I have indoor work, so I don't tire those out too soon.
on May 28, 2017
It works like a cheap manual strobe should. Light on features but for the price who cares? I use it for a little fill light and as a backup.

Keep in mind these are really cheap. They are cheap for a reason: they are not exactly precision engineered. Mine came with a wonky on/off switch. Off works as expected. On also turns it off. To use it you have to turn it to on and then gently move it back toward off until it comes on. Other than this is a good, cheap light source to practice with off camera flash. Don't rely on it to photograph a wedding or someone famous.
on March 10, 2017
Great light. Took me a little while to get used to it since it is my first flash. Especially understanding that your shutter speed needs to be at 1/250th of a second in order to capture the light. Otherwise he get this half light half dark look.

I am an Amateur so there are many things I am picking up learning from my friends and YouTube.

all and all a very good product. I will probably get another one soon.
on September 2, 2016
Did I purchase a used flash? This looks used.
review image review image
on December 31, 2015
I purchased this approximately 75 days ago and I've used it 3-4 times since then. My experience has mostly been to use this as a slave flash as a back light, so this is how I will be reviewing this product. I use this flash to shoot head shots, mostly.

First of all, I'll start this review by saying it is important for you to read the product description to know exactly what you're buying. If you want a flash with an 'auto' mode or TTL technology, this is not for you. What this flash is, is a basic manual flash which has 8 steps of power, diffuser and bounce card, test/pilot button, rotating head that locks in large intervals (horizontally and vertically), and manual/S1/S2 modes. It also mounts to shoe-mounts, which is tightened by hand.

I've rarely used the flash using the shoe-mount on my camera and in manual mode. When I do, the flash syncs with the shutter just fine. My main usage is in S1 mode, and I normally use an off-camera flash to trigger the Neewer flash, which works well. I've shot this flash in slave mode in normal ambient light, and it picked up the flash of the key light well. It syncs well with the key light and I see no banding at 1/160 or slower shutter speeds.

In very, very few cases (under 5%), the light didn't flash when the key light flashed. I figured out it happened when rapidly clicking the shutter and the flash did not have time to cycle to another charge. Another time, it happened when the Neewer flash was not in a clear line of sight of the key light (flash). So, bear in mind that when using this flash in slave mode, you'll want to have a clear line of sight. When you do, it works flawlessly.

I've used it during shoots that have lasted about 1.5 hours, taken approximately 120 photos, and the flash goes strong with fairly short cycling times. Like all flashes, cycle time to re-charge increases after each burst, so no surprise there. This flash takes 4 AAA batteries, and its charge and cycle time is comparable to modern flashes.

When I attach the flash to a shoe mount, it feels very secure. To me, this is important, because I've had flashes that felt very loose when attaching to an external shoe mount, like on a tripod. This guy feel snug when he's on a tripod adapter or something similar.

The light itself is smooth.. not much else to really say about that.

For a $25 flash, why wouldn't you include this flash in your bag? In my experience, it works great as a slave flash and does the job well. There aren't any real cons that I can think of. I give 5 stars and have recommended this to several photographer friends.
on May 28, 2017
Initially, I was VERY wary about buying this because camera equipment can be iffy if you're buying it online. I was worried that it would only work once or wouldn't work at all, especially because of the low price. But I was pleasantly surprised! It works wonderfully and it makes my pictures look so much better compared to the flash that's already attached to my camera. Don't let the price deter you. This product works well! My only tip is that you buy good quality batteries so that it lasts longer. The last thing you want is for your flash to die midway through an event or photoshoot.
on April 6, 2016
This flash is great for the price. I have used it for weddings as well as dramatic night shots. It works well as a secondary flash also and can be hooked up with a remote if wanted. I am pleased with this product for the price!
review image review image review image
on September 21, 2015
For such an inexpensive price, I felt like I got a very high quality piece of equipment. It took me a few weeks playing around with it to figure out how much to angle it in different lighting etc, but I'm not a professional photographer.. just a mom with a camera trying to capture memories of my kids. I usually keep it almost angled all the way up, or else everything appears overly flashed, but at almost all the way up, I get just the right amount of exposure. I did really struggle getting it to take in focus photos with my Canon 30D, I stopped using it eventually because I couldn't figure it out. I'm sure it's just user error.