Neewer Universal Aluminum 15mm Rail Rod Support System High Riser DSLR Camera Mount Baseplate 9.8"/25cm Long with 1/4" Screw Quick Shoe Plate for Follow Focus Matte Box
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.27 x 3.94 x 2.76 inches|
|Item Weight||18.06 Ounces|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Enables use of standard accessories for the 15mm rod system
- Equipped with a quick shoe plate that enables the quick attached of the camera and easily slides into the adapter
- Made of durable anodizing black aluminum. Anodizing black finish
- Manufacturer warranty will not apply
- Rails mount is adjustable in heighth
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
This is a universal rod system which may be used directly with a camera or on a DSLR rig to add 15mm rods to enable mounting of matte boxes, follow focus systems, lens supports and other accessories that are compatible with the industry standard 15mm rod system.
Enables use of standard accessories for the 15mm rod system.
Rails mount is adjustable in heighth.
Equipped with a quick release plate that enables the quick attached of the camera and easily slides into the adapter.
The quick release plate comes with 1/4" camera mounting screws.
There is a 1/4" screw mounting hole at the bottom.
Made of durable anodizing black aluminum. Anodizing black finish.
Material: Alluminum Alloy
Rails length : 9.8"/25cm
Rails diameter : 15mm
Screws thread: 1/4"
1x 15mm Rod Rail System Mount
Note: 15mm rod rail system mount NOLY, other accessories not included.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* Most affordable option on the market
* Surprisingly sturdy metal build (only plastic part is the actual quick release plate that comes off and connects to your camera but that's totally fine and it makes sense for that part to be plastic)
* There is a mechanisim to rise and lower your camera
* Easy to tighten onto the 15mm rods
* Hard to tighten onto your camera, the screw doesn't have a d-ring so you'll need a coin or something flat and sturdy to really tighten the quick release plate to your camera
* Not a big fan of having to twist the knob for the quick release, there are other 15mm rod base plates with much faster and more convenient methods of releasing the quick release plate.
Overall the pros heavily out weigh the cons and you can easily eliminate "hard to tighten onto your camera" from the "cons" list by buying a "Screw with a d-ring" for about 5 bucks
Top reviews from other countries
The main reason being the quick release plate does NOT secure properly. No matter much i tightened it, my camera could still slide off if I titled my tripod head. This is made worse by the fact that there is NO safety lock - the camera can literally fall off if you're not careful. For small, light cameras then this *probably* won't happen. But then again, my camera with lens only came to 1kg.
The second reason was that the two rods were different widths. By eye I could not tell, but whereas one would slide in and out of the system plus my accessories without trouble, the other rod required quite a bit of force. Incredibly frustrating and just rubbish.
The actual feel and look of the product is nice. It feels sturdy. I could have dealt with the different sized rods, but i'm not risking my 2k camera falling off on a shoot because of the poor quick release plate. Moral of the story: you get what you pay for.