From the Back Cover
- Use professional negotiating strategies and tactics
- Negotiate the lowest rental rate
- Find the best location for your business
Negotiating a lease?
Renting space for businesses and navigating a commercial lease can be a daunting task for even experienced tenants, as errors or oversights can cost thousands of dollars. Thankfully, Negotiating Commercial Leases & Renewals For Dummies takes the mystery out of dealing with landlords and their agents and levels the playing field for tenants. The expert advice and tips will help all business owners successfully negotiate their leases without losing their cool, or their cash.
- Leasing 101 use step-by-step guidance through the entire leasing process for both new leases and renewals
- Get negotiating find plain English explanations of complex lease clauses and business terms that can affect your bottom line
- Take charge get tips and advice on negotiating the base rent, operating costs, personal guaranties, and tenant inducements
- Get rid of guesswork dive into the lease-renewal process and learn which clauses need to be renegotiated
Open the book and find:
- Ways to avoid the common traps tenants fall into
- Tips for handling landlords
- How to work out the business terms of a lease
- Guidance in negotiating permitted use and exclusivity clauses
- Pros and cons of using a real estate agent
- Lease assignment tips when buying or s elling a business
- Advice on choosing the right location and building
- Ten leasing tips, tactics, and strategies for tenants
About the Author
Dale Willerton and Jeff Grandfield are The Lease Coach, America's #1 authority on lease negotiating for commercial, retail, and office tenants. In 1993 former shopping center manager Willerton switched sides to work exclusively for tenants. Both authors frequently speak at industry trade shows, franchise events, healthcare conferences, universities, and business networking events throughout North America.