|Item Weight||4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6 x 4 x 1 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||10193A|
|Material||High Speed Steel|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||3|
|Cutting Diameter||0.125 inches;0.5 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Neiko 10193A Titanium Step Drill Bit Set, High Speed Steel | 3-Piece Set | Total 28 Sizes
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- TITANIUM | HIGH SPEED STEEL: classic high speed steel with titanium coating for proven capability and durability in drilling holes in plastic, aluminum, copper, stainless steel and many other types of sheet metal
- 135° SPLIT POINT TIP: increases cutting speed with self-centering and prevents walking
- TWO-FLUTE DESIGN: clears chips faster and allows particles to escape easily
- TRI-FLATTED SHANK: fits into power tools chuck securely and eliminates slip
- SET INCLUDES: Bit #1 (6 steps): 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2"; Bit #2 (13 steps): 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 9/32", 5/16", 11/32", 3/8", 13/32", 7/16", 15/32", 1/2"; Bit #3 (9 steps): 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4"
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
High Speed Steel Versatility
Our step drill bits are constructed from traditional HSS combined with a titanium coating to make them even more durable. This also proves the capability and durability of the drill to last through multiple drillings on surfaces such as: plastic, aluminum, copper, stainless steel, and so much more.
Unique 2 Flute Design
Two flute design also lets the material particles escape easily for a much more clean drilling operation. With each step, you can feel the drill bit stop so you never drill bigger than you need to.
- Bit 1: 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2"
- Bit 2: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 9/32", 5/16", 11/32", 3/8", 13/32", 7/16", 15/32", 1/2"
- Bit 3: 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4"
The tri-flatted shank is a great universal fit that will give you confidence while you work knowing that your drill bit is securely in place.
Easily identify which size you need with the contrasted, laser engraved sizes inside the step drill bit flute.
Increased Cutting Speed
The split point tip is at 135 degrees which allows you to cut faster throughout multiple uses.
This compact set replaces 28 individual drill bits. 3pc Step Drill Bits. 1/8"- 1/2", 3/16"- 1/2", 1/4"- 3/4". Two-flute design for faster, smoother cutting. Package comes with one 3/16-inch to 1/2-inch six-step bit, titanium coated. One 1/4-inch to 3/4-inch nine-step bit, titanium coated.
Showing 1-8 of 744 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I needed four 3/4” holes in a thick post for driveway gate hinges. They are J-hinges with 3/4” bolts that go through the post.
To drill the holes, I placed painters tape on the post and marked where the holes should go on each side. I then used a spike and heavy hammer to punch a small indention into the metal. All of the drilling was done with a Ryobi cordless drill, which I had to recharge about half way through. I used a regular 1/8” drill bit to make an initial hole all the way through the metal (this was a regular black bit that had come as a starter set with my cordless drill). I then put this step bit in to widen the whole all the way to 3/4”.
As for technique, I used a very very slow speed to essentially scrape away the metal. I used firm steady pressure. But did not use any kind of oil.
A great titanium step drill set for the money
I haven't tied using them on anything thicker than a 1/4" but for anything thinner these drill fine.
Next project was in wood to enlarge the holes in a guitar headstock from 5/16 to 3/8, without moving the existing center of the holes. These are perfect for the job. For deeper cuts (deeper than this bit's shoulder depth) as in my wooden headstock, I started the hole diameter with this step drill to get the perfectly centered hole, then I finished it to the final depth with the same sized Forstner bit.
For the price these are great to have around instead of trying to rough out a hole to enlarge it. I keep these in my tool box close at hand so I will grab these and do it right when the job calls for it, instead of hacking with a regular drill bit.