Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on March 30, 2017
This is the 3rd time I ordered this item. The first two were not the correct region from 2 other sellers, but not the 3rd ....he/she was prompt in conversing with me to make sure this time was NOT a fail!! Thx much it's an excellent concert! #1 Kris
on June 11, 2013
I made the mistake of purchasing this DVD of Neil Young at Red Rocks from some outfit named deep discount and I should know better than to purchase from Amazon's "sellers"...It arrived, I opened it, put it in the DVD player like hundreds of previous DVD concert purchases...and lo and behold, my DVD player gave me a new message that I had never seen before--It said "Wrong Region"...seems like we here in America live in "region 1"...whatever that is, and this DVD was clearly marked Region 2/3/4/5/6. So they're selling wrong region DVD's ? Why? Are they stupid? Careless? Ripoffs? I had to jump through many a hoop and several e-mails to them and to Amazon to find out my only recourse was to send it back at my expense and my labor and postage just to get a refund, which I didnt really want, I wanted the Concert...but they said they had no more! No effort at all to make things right by shipping the proper DVD Yet I still see them advertising that same DVD as of today! Are they liars? Idiots? Will you be the next one to get screwed by deep_discount??? They sure screwed me out of a concert and made me pay to ship it back..I give them a big fat zero--deep-discount gets a ZERO! Bad service! Bad DVD! Bad experience. Never again!
on November 1, 2014
This is a good damn DVD by Neil Young. Fact I think it is his best as far as a concert show is concerned. I have The Rust Never Sleeps DVD. And for the money this one kicks it assets... Something I've never understood about his concerts on film most are not that good. He is an amazing singer songwriter and has that style that just sticks with you. I sure wish he would open the vault door and put some more DVD shows that are better.

I love this film because it was shot a Red Rocks Colorado. Almost any concert shot there turns out really good. The song solation was
good. He was joined on stage by members of his family. Donald Duck Dunn was on bass this was one of his final performances before his un timely death. If you are a die hard Young fan then you should like this live set.
on July 16, 2016
Good quality dvd. Great Neil Young concert of which I have seen many live and many recorded. I really like the inclusion of the song "Razor Love". Red Rocks is the most beautiful concert venue I have seen but this dvd does not include many shots of the venue and the surrounding area.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2001
If you're into Neil Young, this is a good one to have. This show must have been amazing for performer and audience alike. First, it's in a spectacular venue(Red Rocks), and second, a blustery cold front blows in during the show. Neil's hair is blown over the side of his face from the back, but it doesn't seem to affect him one bit. It's not the all time greatest concert film(that would be Stop Making Sense), but it's very good. A companion to this, which is also great, is Silver & Gold. That one's a lot different, finding Neil surrounded by about 15 guitars, alone on the stage, pouring Sierra Nevada into himself, and his heart out to the audience at another great venue, Bass Concert Hall on the UT-Austin campus.
on August 9, 2017
This disc did not play on my system. It was a ripoff!!!
on December 1, 2016
The concert in the rain started out slowly until the 14th song "Words" and Neal began to heat up. Played many of the favorites. Even though i read the DVD cover I was not sure who the two girl singers were except the last names were Young. Good versions of "Tonites the night" and Cowgirl in the Sand".
on December 12, 2000
the actual title of this dvd is "red rocks live" and it is a great. it is a live show recorded sept 19 & 20, 2000. Neil performs a wide variety of material: motorcycle mama, powderfinger, everybody knows thia is nowhere, i believe in you (a standout!), unknown legend,razor love, mellow my mind, and a bunch more all in freezing colorado rain! but you get to see and hear it from the warmth of your cozy couch.
on April 27, 2012
I was at this concert and the show was good, as well as the Red Rocks Ampitheatre. It rained (as it almost always does at Red Rocks durning evenining concerts) throughout the concert and the crowd was pretty wet and cold. I am a fan of Neil Youngs music, but at this show it was a little to mellow for my taste. That being said I thought the purchase was good a nice addition to the collection.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2005
For the ungodly low prices you can pick this up for, it's a must buy for Neil fans. The DTS sound is great and the band sounds super.

My only real complaint is with the videography. This is Red Rocks! Why does it look like it was shot in my basement? Way overuse of red lighting too. Was there more than 100 people there? You'd never know from watching this DVD.

Everything else about this DVD rocks. Buy it. Cowgirl is worth the price of admission all by itself!