|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||16.5 x 12.5 x 13 inches|
|Item model number||Neo X8H Plus|
|Batteries||1 CR2 batteries required.|
Minix Neo X8H Plus XBMC/Kodi Android TV Box, Mini-PC, Media Hub Quad A9/Octo Mali
- Quad-Core Cortex A9r4 Processor with Octo-Core Mali 450 GPU. Dual-Band Wi-Fi 802.11ac 16GB eMMC. Android 4.4 Kit Kat. 4K2K UHD Video Playback Media Hub for World's First 4K XBMC Kodi Android device.
- A top Diamond Sponsor for Kodi / XBMC: Helping provide resources critical to the development and maintenance of Kodi / XBMC software and it's award-winning media experience. Developing the best hardware for the best user experience.
- Unlike Roku, Apple TV, or Google Chrome, the Minix Neo is not just a simple media streamer. You are free to install your own applications and save media files right inside it's 16GB internal storage.
- Would be ideal for Digital Signage (as a media player), Smart Conference room, or even as mini Personal Computer.
- 1 year warranty available for players purchased from Amazon.com from Minix. Not available for other sellers.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||MyGicaTV|
|Connectivity Technology||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||AC Wi-Fi Wireless and 1GB LAN|
|Item Dimensions||12.5 x 16.5 x 13 in||12.5 x 16.5 x 13 in||1.18 x 3.38 x 0.5 in||6.5 x 6.5 x 3 in||4.2 x 6.1 x 1.2 in|
|Item Weight||1 lb||1 lb||1.13 ounces||1.2 lbs||0.5 lb|
|Internet Applications||XBMC, Youtube, Netflix, Facebook, Skype||Browser, Skype, YouTube, iTunes, Cinemanow||youtube, espn, amazon_instant_video, cbs, hulu, sling_tv, netflix, fox||YouTube, Browser||Browser, Netflix, Skype, YouTube, KODI / Plex|
|Total HDMI Ports||1||1||0||1||1|
|Total Usb Ports||3||3||0||3||—|
Processor: Quad-Core Cortex A9r4 Processor GPU: Octo Core Mail 450Memory:2GB DDR3Internal Storage:16GB emic Wireless Connectivity:802.11 ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz / 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 4.0OS:Android Kit Kat 4.4Video Output: Hardware H265 Decoding HDMI 1.4b, up to 4K @ 30fpsAudio Output: HDMI 1.4b, 3.5mm stereo jack, optical SPDIF Peripheral Interface:RJ-45 Ethernet jack (10/100/1000Mbps); supports hotspot sharing via Wi-Fi SD/MMC card reader (SD 3.0, MMC V4.41), Support HDMI-CECUSB 2.0 port x 3, Micro-USB OTG port x 1Headphone Jack, Microphone Jack IR receiver (remote included)Power: DC 5V, 3A adapter included (CE, FCC, CCC certified)Supported Video Formats: DAT/MPEG/MPE/MPG/TS/TP/VOB/ISO/AVI/MP4/MOV/3GP/FLV/MKV/M2TS/MTS/M4V/WMV/ASF/RM/RMVB Supported Audio Formats:MP2/MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG/OGA/FLAC/ALAV/APE/AAC
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
BE AWARE: This is the 2nd Minix Neo x8-H box I have purchased from Amazon in the last month. Both were advertised to include an Air Mouse remote (item title said "WITH NEO M1 Airmouse included by MINIX US"). However, neither unit arrived with the advertised Air Mouse. To control the Minix I ended up buying a Logitech K400r wireless keyboard with touchpad - this works GREAT, and the full-size keyboard makes it so easy to enter search text, do email, etc. That keyboard is only about $20 on Amazon... an excellent deal!
For me there's just not enough content to justify keeping this. The Remote is HORRIBLE, it barely gets reception from 4ft away. After days of use with this I gave up, for the price I expected a bit more at least for the remote. If you do purchase this, make sure you get a different remote because the stock is a cheap, flimsy pos that can barely do basic functions. When it does manage work, it lags a ton. Make sure you have an android device ready to sub as your permanent remote.
1. Most keyboards that are supposed to work with it do not always work correctly.
2. You will not be able to play Amazon instant video (some claim that you can, and there may be round-about ways of doing it, but not out of the box)
3. HBO GO will skip badly. I have Google Fiber and can stream HBO GO on any other device in my house, but on this it buffers, skips and freezes.
I would NOT purchase this device again.
The nvidia shield TV has 4 times the performance and only $50 more. I have retired this device to the living room for the Shield TV which I use as my primary android device now.
xbmc is tricky to configure and was not preconfigured at all, I am not sure what tweaks have been done on the version that was preinstalled but it didn't seem to be anything special so I don't understand what the advantage is to having it preloaded. This is a version back from the current stable kodi version, not sure what the advantage is to staying on that version.
The default out of the box skin is intuitive enough but I just stay in Kodi/XBMC land which this is ideal for. The air mouse is great although I highly recommend the Android Google TV app which gives touchpad, keyboard and all functions on the phone. This system is works well streaming from my NAS box and it even plays 4K on my 1080p display at exquisite quality and full speed. Miracast works seemlessly. Emulators work but the bluetooth syncing of controllers provides still too much lag to be the definitive platform.
I recommend this plus edition for the future proofing LAN, processor, discrete graphics, 2GB of RAM. The community forums are developing enhancements for this so I am confident this will be my cord cutting solution for quite awhile.
Most recent customer reviews
It will not allow you to update to Android 5 which prevents the installation of Kodi 17.Read more