|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $7.00 (70%)
Nephilim Falling (Trenton Investigations Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 248 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Well paced story
Lex is a relatable character.
The way prejudice is shown throughout the book is handled well.
Lex's emotions ring true to the situation.
The fears and tactics of a person who has to hide who they are from public scorn are spot on. The realism of it is intense.
The sentinels felt like a great all in one reference to the Nazi SS, the KKK, and the X-Men the Animated Series own Sentinels.
Great references to other book series such as the Dresden Files and a Song of Ice and Fire.
The setting felt rich and developed while still close enough to modern reality to not require explanation. This has one of the most accurate feeling alternate earth societies I have ever read.
The magic system is fantastic.
The twists at the end weren't what I expected.
Lex has bad taste in men
There were a lot of pop cultures references that I didn't understand. I think some of them might have been reference to those strange moving pictures with sound people keep tellling me to stare at. *shudders* Heretics.
I'm not entirely a fan of the high school romance side of the book. It's done and reads well but it's not what I read the book for. If anything it served as a good tension builder and release at times while leading to information that moved the story forward. This may be a pro for many of you.
There are other elements that may be pros and cons for other people. Over all I would recommend this book to anyone I know who enjoys Urban Fantasy books.
as far as I know, aside from the lead novella, there is not yet a quel
to be pre to. I liked the novella, but this one did not grab me. I really
did not need to know about Lex's high school days, and neither her best
friend nor their shared love-interest/bone-of-contention were very interesting.
There also seemed like a *major* plot hole where Lex and said bone are
grabbed by a very powerful group of baddies, and we are told how their
wallets are taken (and car), yet when they escape they go home without a
care in the world, never thinking that said baddies might, you know, look
at their ids and plates and show up. (And they never do). We do get a
bit of behind the scenes on the missing brother angle.
Also Team Wes. If that's a thing. Mostly because dude Lucas rubbed me the wrong way.
Lex is the kind of UF heroine, whether its YA, NA or other, that we're all super familiar with now. She's tough, ballsy, wants to prove herself and is reckless as she tries to. She has natural skills, but lacks the finesse of experience and constantly seems to worry about the wrong thing at the wrong time.
Oh and she's got special powers, tragic (and somewhat vague) family history, one guy who is Gaga over her and another who seems to want to ignore he is (for his own reasons) and a best friend who is the bubbliest creature ever.
Actually one of the few missteps here was the ending when Elena and Lex have a reckoning. It was very rushed feeling, and it didn't gel with the Elena we had met throughout the book. It was rather contrived feeling in order to set up the plot for the first book, which is set 7 years later.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural > Psychics
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural > Vampires
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural > Werewolves & Shifters
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superheroes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superhero