Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 380 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 402 reviews
on July 11, 2015
My 14 year old dropped his 3ds on its upper right corner. Plastic broke off the corner hinge, but the unit still worked. I had not purchased a case fot it originally, as my son is older, so he was dissapointed when the hinge no longer worked. We looked at buying a replacement housing, but swapping the guts of the device was intimidating, and we could end up breaking in the process. I remembered the design of this case and saw elsewhere on the web that someone mentioned it as an option for a broken hinge. The 3ds parts inserted fine into the case, and the case now serves as the hinge. My son is pleased and describes it as "stylish". Back in business for less than 20 bucks! Great
review image
on June 28, 2016
This was kind of a disappointment to be honest. I had gotten this for my regular sized 3DS and had high hopes especially for something Nerf. When I got this in the mail it was really fragile and flimsy. It felt really loose on my 3DS after I put it on which made me really uncomfortable. After finally messing around with it a bit I got it to work but then it made the 3DS really hard to play since it was such a bulky case. I liked the idea behind it because the Nerf part was really durable but I wish it would have worked better for me. I would not say I hated this case by any means especially since I was able to give it as a gift to someone with my 3DS and they got to use it. However I would not buy one like this again for myself.
on July 18, 2015
These really do not work.
First thing comes in Two Parts and different little brackets that are used for the different DS's.
Second both where the two pieces snap together and the brackets that hold the DS are held together Very Very Weakly. Anytime either one of my sons drops there DS the top part comes apart from the bottom part or the DS fly's out of the bracket or both. So its help as a protector is very small.
. Third.. Do not waste your money buying the yellow because it looks cool. The color is a weak pin strip that peels off pretty quickly.
Finally. Does it protect? I guess its better than nothing. There is no WA due to its design to reinforce the two parts or this would be lots more worth it.
on April 20, 2016
I don't have a DSI, but I can confirm that it fits on both the (original) 3DS and DSLite. Definitely a worthwhile purchase if you want to keep your DS alive longer; I can afford a 15 dollar case much easier than a 300 dollar replacement 3DS, so it's paid for itself, in my opinion. Despite having a lot of holes for the various ports/plugs for the different DS systems its designed for, unless you drop it at a very specific angle, it's going to land on the foam, not the DS. When I have a bit more cash I might buy another one for my old DSLite, which has a damaged hinge but otherwise works fine, since the armor has its own hinges that offer a bit more support. It adds a fair bit of bulk/weight to my 3DS, but it still fits easily in my bag and is actually more comfortable in my hands. Kinda wish it came in more colors, but hey. Can't win everything.

The only downside: getting your DS out of the armor is much, much harder than putting it in. It's not impossible, but I had a fair bit of difficulty getting it off my 3DS so I could test it on my DSLite... and then off my DSLite to put it back on my 3DS. I was worried I would break the plastic, which is quite thin in some places. Pinched my fingers a few times. Also, I found myself accidentally removing the foam from the plastic, not the plastic from the DS, more than once. The glue holding the foam to the plastic isn't great, but you can glue it back on easily so it doesn't matter too much in my opinion.

Overall, great case. I quite like mine. I would give it 4.5 if Amazon would let me.
on January 3, 2013
My 4 year old daughter got a 3DS for christmas and we order this to keep the 3DS as secure as possible.
It fits very nicely on the 3DS, it keeps the nintendo more secured than with out it.
I would recommend anyone with a DS to have one on, the investment of $15 to protect a $160 dollar nintendo is worth it even if it had to be replaced every year or so, which i dont think it would be necessary because it is very durable.

I read reviews saying it fell apart after a few weeks, well here are my thoughts to that: I have a 5 year old nephew that got a 3DS a few months ago, with in weeks he broke it. Then for his birthday grandma got him another 3DS, this time with a Nerf case, a week later I saw him and his case had a big piece missing from the front. I also have another 9 year old nephew, he had the Nintendo DS since 5 or 6 years old , then upgraded to the DSi, then the 3DS, My sister has always purchased Nerf cases for them, and he has never had them fall apart. In my opinion if they fall apart, it is because they are not being taken care off. My daughter has had an Ipad 2 for a year now, and understands you have to be careful with this kind of stuff, so she handles them with care, This case is to protect from accidents but not from misuse.
on April 12, 2017
We bought this for a DS3 the Mario Bros. edition and it was too small. This is a sturdy case...perfect for kids but it didn't work for our DS3's.
on December 18, 2015
Most favorite video game cases ever!!! Every time we get a new game, it gets a new case. Nerf Triple Armor is the best!!! So long as we own handheld game consoles, they will forever have these cases on them. Bought this to house a gift.

I gave a 3-year-old a game with this case, and the game has survived everything the tot could throw at it (literally). 4 years later, the game works brilliantly! Some of the soft corners of the case have worn off, but it's still providing fantastic protection. If you have young ones, or a family tough on electronics, get this. You won't regret it. :)
on May 9, 2017
This product is functional, read, learn, educational, I recommend it to all people, excellent to be informed without any problem.
on December 28, 2012
My parents bought my 5 yr old bruiser a DSi for Christmas 2012 and I know from experience that broken hinges are to be expected if they're dropped. We have four DS's in our house and two of them have broken hinges. So, when I saw this case, I knew I had to have it! This thing is pretty cool. It was VERY easy to put on and fits like a glove once it's on! No worries about it coming off and it doesn't get in the way of him playing. We've only had it on for a couple of days but it bounces pretty good! Fingers crossed that it works as well as I expect it to! My son got the matte blue DSi and this black/blue nerf triple armor case matches it perfectly!

Update 12/1/2013... My now 6 yr old son has had this case on his Dsi for almost a yr now and his Dsi is still in absolute perfect condition thanks to this case! I wish I had this case for my other kids back when they got DS's several years ago. Our older DS's had cracked hinges from being dropped? My sons Dsi has been dropped COUNTLESS times over the past year and he just looks at me and says "good thing we have this case, right mom?!" He couldn't be more right! You need this case!
on May 13, 2015
My son used his allowance to buy this to replace the older Nerf armor that broke a hinge after almost three years. This fits the same way as that old armor, but where the foam on the older model was solid and tough, this is much softer material. It also has 'feet' that have very little support. The net result was that while the old stuff lasted three years, this is falling to pieces after six months. There are no less than four tears in the body of the armor, leaving the rear corners unprotected.

Update 1/6/17 - after two years there is almost no Nerf left on it, and it has broken in half. Do not get this product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.