Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 54 reviews
on September 2, 2017
Loved this book so much I have ordered it several times to give to family members and friends. Besides being a good low-carb diet book, it is hilarious! Following these two ladies day by day through their diet is inspirational. If they could do it, we can too!
on June 21, 2009
I miss dessert, but I don't miss the larger dress sizes, or the pounds I have already taken off, I love the fact that my clothes are hanging off me. If you are looking for a diet that is easy to follow and you can prepare for the whole family this is your diet. I am pleased with my results. Read through it completely before starting, or at least to the end of phase I. I have no regrets having purchased this book. Highly recommend it to the women who has failed on other diets. But you have to have will power, or at least clean out your house of stuff you can't resist.
on March 7, 2016
UPDATE: I've now lost 21.5 lbs in under two months!!

I've already lost over ten pounds. If you follow the diet and you're super careful about reading labels (and drinking plenty of water), you'll definitely lose weight. And won't be hungry. =)
This book is the follow-up to Neris & India's Idiot-Proof Diet book. Since Neris and India are both British, it makes sense that the recipes in this book would be more to British tastes, and they are. My book has the price written in British pounds, rather than dollars, on the back so it's no surprise to find recipes along the lines of Scotch eggs :( kedgeree :( keema :) a few different curries :) and tandoori chicken livers :( sprinkled throughout the book (emoticons, mine).

Some of the ingredients called for may be hard to come by in the States, although I'm sure substitutes can be found, particularly if one is able to take the time to google the odd ingredient in an effort to find a reasonable substitute (for, say, chipolata sausages or Marigold bouillon powder). Unless you are a whizz at the metric system, it's a bit challenging to figure out the amounts and oven temps called for. I made the Fake Shepherd's Pie and am still not certain whether the rather large amount of food yielded by the recipe was the result of overly generous portion sizes, or my failure to properly convert the metric measurements into US standards.

Still, if you are following a low-carb diet, there are some good recipes to be found. I've not yet made one that I would categorize as really, truly great, but that could be the result of the ingredient/metric problem.

What I have found are some really lovely compound butters, marinades and rubs, as well as many easy menu and quick fix suggestions. It's also quite nice that the recipes rely on fresh, natural ingredients for the most part, and possibly the least amount of artificial sweeteners as I've seen in any low-carb book. I also enjoy the adventurousness of making recipes from another country.

I don't use this book as much as I use some of my other low-carb books - probably owing to the difficulties in finding certain ingredients and in working out the metric conversions, but this is also true for other UK-published cookbooks that I have and is certainly not unique to this one.
on May 28, 2016
Takes you through the whole weight loss process and is a helpful, truthful accounting of the struggles of the two women.
on October 12, 2013
This is a personal story. I enjoyed readying it as I have done low carb many times. It would be easier to follow if it had summary pages at the end of the chapters so when looking for a particular 'rule' you don't have to flip back and forth through the book.
on April 27, 2016
Fun read. Good advice and easy to follow.
on August 13, 2013
It is written for everyday women. I really feel like it is the one diet I can stick to! Pounds AWAY!!!
on October 2, 2014
Excellent cookbook companion to the actual eating plan book!
on October 15, 2014
Great book to common sense, no fuss weight loss.