Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on August 16, 2010
We rated Nero 10 as two stars because of difficulty during installation. The parts of the product we use seem to work once installed. The problem stems from Nero's installation program, which insists on installing an obsolete version of Microsoft's dot NET system. You may find an easier way of installing Nero, but this is what we had to do on an XP machine with all dot NET products that were up to date.
1. Save a restore point just in case.
2. Using control panel, remove all dot NET components starting with the latest version and working back to version 1.1.
3. Shut down for 10 seconds.
4. Install Nero per their instructions.
5. Shut down for 10 seconds.
6. Remove all dot NET components because Microsoft Windows Update refuses to work with the Nero version.
7. Shut down for 10 seconds.
8. Using Windows Update Optional Software section, install the dot NET version 3.5 accumulative update.
9. Shut down for 10 seconds.
10. Using Windows Update, install all needed dot NET components and their security updates. You may have to go through several passes and shutdowns to get a clean, fully updated machine.

This process took us about 6 hours. We hope you can do better.
Barbara and David
on October 26, 2010
If I could return this thing, life would be good. What a mess this is. Everything is hidden, each function requires its own manual. It is the complete opposite of user-friendly.

I used to love their eariler versions, and would recommend them, but OMG, what were they thinking with Nero 10?

Save your money.
on May 2, 2011
i will never buy a nero product again i have two laptops and two desktops and could only get it to install on one laptop.i got window installer errors on the other three(it installed on the last computer tried)never had installation issues before but im no genius at computers so i chalked it up to my ignorance.i start investigating online and i see a ton of articles with people having the same issues with nero ten as well as other nero versions. i really wish i had researched before i bought it but u live and learn.i will buy anything before i buy nero again the end
on August 30, 2011
Have been trying for over a week to get my 10 days of FREE support from the manufacturer to get the software to work as represented by the mfr but to no avail. The only support, if you want to call it that, has been by email which are mostly automated "no-reply" ones and thank you as a "valued customer", Through Live Chat you are connected to a person who says the only support provided are for billing related issues. The toll free hotline is charged at $1.29 per minute, certainly not FREE. You can call a long distance customer support number, at your expense, and good luck in getting help from them. My experience is NONE at all, plus no interest in helping!! I bought the software to convert a PowerPoint presentation to a DVD disk that can be played on any DVD player. The mfr reps says it can be done but won't tell you how and when I tried, I get an error message that the PowerPoint file is not supported, and in trying to get a solution from the mfr . well good luck is all I can say!! Don't waste your time or money on this product is my best advice unless you are tech savvy on this technology! Sure you can download manuals, over 6-7 at over 100 pages each, well if you want to burn up your printer and printing supplies go for it. After printing five of them I and my printer gave up, I found the manuals totally useless in getting the program to do the applications I wanted and was told by the mfr agents that they can be done with this software. I am still waiting for that to happen. Too bad I had to give this product a star rating, which in my experience it doesn't deserve.
on October 17, 2011
Very easy to use.... no conflicts with my existing computer or programs... not quite able to edit photos as easily as previous versions, but I am able to work around that issue.
on May 15, 2011
The directions are not clearly written. I have to go on line and get procedures from other users. That isn't right.
on November 2, 2012
Hello Guys;
I Don't know what All the Hate is about ? I just purchase Nero 10 and I must say? Yes I had a few settling in Problems.But contacted Nero Technical support,And they were Exceptionally fast in responding to my needs aswell as providing quick effective Solutions.
As such My Nero is Up and running perfectly!!! I too am a Technical support Specialist so when I say how responsive they were? I know I myself have spent more time on issues that take a little research !!! **** NOTE **** If you do not provide them with quick accurate Information such as Log Files,.cab files its almost impossible for them to analyze what is going on with both your Hardware and the Software !!!! Its my believe that those who are criticizing the Support failed to accurately convey to Tech support the proper Info needed for quick Resolution!! My Opinion? Purchase for your self and then decide? If you run into issues? Provide the info requested about your issue so it can be successfully Resolved !!! No I do not work for NERO !! I work for IBM Global services ...
on October 16, 2011
I purchased this product and less than a week later Nero announced version 11... and wants more to upgrade than the product costs!

Their support is close to non existent... their answer to everything is "buy an upgrade"! The program interface is confusing beyond belief; in the old version of Nero I had there was at least a nice common interface... that is now gone leaving you to figure out what program you need for what purpose.
on September 17, 2012
I don't know why this product has gotten so many negative reviews on here! I burn more media than most and NERO has always done the job with excellent results. I have been using NERO since ver.6 and they never let me down. Just make sure you have a system setup with the target requirements and a good quality dvd writer and your media creating powerhouse PC is complete. NERO does what it advertises and does is extremely well. Plus all the other utilites that come with this suite pretty much fill any demands in a media creating package. With the best CD/DVD burning engine under the hood and utilites galore, NERO 10 is in my opinion the only option for reliable media creation.
on October 12, 2012
If it's not broke don't fix it. I bought this version August of 2011. I'm like anyone else and want to go with a newer version. I will never do it again. I bought and downloaded Nero 12 (not the Platinum version) and had all kinds of problems including an error 23. I tried to get my money back and I'm just getting the run around. I will never do it again. I also have Version 7, which to me is better than Nero 10. I took advantage of the upload since it was $29 and with the extras, including back up dvd it came to $50 plus tax. I will never do business with these folks again. If you are satisfied with older versions, don't upgrade. That is my opinion.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.