We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- This airy cellular ring inspired by natural forms makes a bold statement but is lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- The design is built up layer by layer in stainless steel using metal 3D printing.
- The ring was created through simulations of the physical forces in a cellular network.
- Made in United States
For a bold statement, choose the unique Nervous System "2-layer Center" Stainless Steel Ring. Made from layer upon layer of durable stainless steel, the ring measures 7 millimeters wide and is comfortable and light. The ring features two layers of cell-structure shaping, one inside the other, adding depth to the design. The cut-out motif is printed with a high-tech method of 3-D printing which fuses silver-toned particles to the steel with a laser. With a matte texture and a tapered back, the ring is easy to wear with all your favorite pieces. Pair it with a few silver stacking rings, or wear it alone to show off its one-of-a-kind appeal.
Nervous System is an experimental design studio that uses new technologies to reinterpret natural phenomena.
Instead of designing individual objects, we write computer programs that detail a design process which generates a myriad of designs. Our studio is a place where necklaces aggregate like corals, rings structure themselves like radiolarians, and furniture grows branches and blooms like plants.
New manufacturing techniques like rapid prototyping allow for the creation of a series where each piece is unique and also allow the production of three dimensional forms that would be impossible to make traditionally.
These interdisciplinary experiments borrow from our studies of architecture, biology, math, and computer science to produce works whose beauty and complexity are rooted in a deep understanding of natural systems.
Nervous System is based in Western Massachusetts. It was founded in 2007 by Jessica Rosenkrantz and Jesse Louis-Rosenberg, who met as undergraduates at MIT. Jessica studied biology and architecture while Jesse studied math and computer science.
- Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 9.1 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- ASIN: B004N3BSHE
- Item model number: cc22-5
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 27, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review: