Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nesco FD-1018A Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator, 1000-..." and save 50% off the $179.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Nesco FD-1018A Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator, 1000-watt - MADE IN USA
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1000-Watts of power dries foods in hours, not days.
- Converga-Flow drying system pushes heated air up and across each tray.
- Adjustable Thermostat (95°F - 160°F).
- Comes with 8 dishwasher safe trays and expands up to 30 trays.
- Includes (8) Fruit Roll-up Sheets, (8) Clean-a-Screens, (1) Recipe Instruction Book, (1) Original Jerky Spice Pack with Cure.
- Made in the USA of Global and Domestic parts
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Patented Converga-Flow drying system
NESCO/American Harvest has been the leader in food dehydrators for over 30 years! These units feature patented technologies that dry your food faster and more evenly than any of the competing models available, we know, because we've tried them all! Our Converge-a-Flow air flow assures even drying from top to bottom, without the tray rotation required by others.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced pro, making beef jerky, drying fruits, vegetables, herbs, or flowers, NESCO/American Harvest offers the best units available.
Nesco Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator
The FD-1018A Gardenmaster Dehydrator features 1,000-watts of drying power that generates maximum speed and quality for dehydrating fruits, vegetables, herbs and jerky.
A quiet, 2,400-RPM motor and specially designed 4 1/2-inch fan mean faster, more nutritious drying. An adjustable 95-160°F thermostat provides the flexibility to achieve the best results when drying foods at different temperatures.
The Converga-Flow drying system forces air up and across the trays, converging in the center for fast, even and nutritious drying. There is no flavor mixing and no need to rotate trays.
The opaque Vita-Save exterior is designed to block light which helps retain more of the food's nutrients and vitamins during the drying process. Cover and trays are dishwasher safe.
The FD-1018A GardenMaster Dehydrator comes with eight trays and can expand up to 30 trays. Includes eight Fruit Roll-up Sheets, eight Clean-a-Screens, one recipe instruction book and one NESCO Original Jerky Spice pack with cure. (Additional Trays sold separately)
|Double Wall Converga-Flow||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Expandable to Levels/Trays||12||12||8||30||30||20|
|Includes Fruit Roll Up Sheet||1||2||No||1||8||1|
|Matched Accessory Model Numbers||LT-2W, LM-2-6, LSS-2-6||LT-2SG, LM-2-6, LSS-2-6||SQT-2, SLD-2-6, SQM-2-6||TR-2, MS-2-6, SLD-2-6||TR-2, MS-2-6, SLD-2-6, HP-9||TR-2, MS-2-6, SLD-2-6|
Compare with similar items
Nesco FD-75A Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator, White - MADE IN USA
Nesco FD-1040 Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator, White, 1000-watt - MADE IN USA
Nesco LT-2SG Add-A-Tray for Dehydrators FD-61/FD-61WHC/FD-75A and FD-75PR, Set of 2
Nesco TR-2 Add-A-Tray for Dehydrators FD-1010/FD-1018P/FD-1020, Set of 2
Nesco American Harvest FD-1018P 1000 Watt Food Dehydrator Kit
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||15.5 x 17 x 14 in||22.13 x 13.75 x 13.87 in||15.5 x 15.5 x 9.5 in||3 x 13 x 13 in||15 x 15.5 x 2.78 in||17.25 x 17.5 x 16 in|
|Item Weight||—||7.75 lbs||8.95 lbs||1.2 lbs||1.4 lbs||—|
|Wattage||1,000||—||1,000 watts||—||—||1,000 watts|
The FD-1018A Gardenmaster Dehydrator features 1,000-watts of drying power that generates maximum speed and quality for dehydrating fruits, vegetables, herbs and jerky. A quiet, 2,400-RPM motor and specially designed 4 1/2-inch fan mean faster, more nutritious drying. An adjustable 95-160°F thermostat provides the flexibility to achieve the best results when drying foods at different temperatures. The Converga-Flow drying system forces air up and across the trays, converging in the center for fast, even and nutritious drying. There is no flavor mixing and no need to rotate trays. The opaque Vita-Save exterior is designed to block light which helps retain more of the food's nutrients and vitamins during the drying process. Cover and trays are dishwasher safe. The FD-1018A GardenMaster Dehydrator comes with eight trays and can expand up to 30 trays. Includes eight Fruit Roll-up Sheets, eight Clean-a-Screens, one recipe instruction book and one NESCO Original Jerky Spice pack with cure. (Additional Trays sold separately)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But then I heard all kinds of great things about the Excalibur, so I gave my old-faithful Nesco to my niece, mortgaged the house (just kidding...), and got the Excalibur. I used it a lot, too - and loved it. This is just subjective, but I didn't really think the Excalibur worked any better than the Nesco. (I hope all my fellow raw foodists don't hate me for saying that!) I will say this for the Excalibur - it looked better in my kitchen. It was quieter, too - so it was more of an "indoor" dehydrator. The Nesco is a "garage" dehydrator. (At least that's what my wife says.) But in my opinion, they both work the same.
When I moved, I gave the Excalibur to my Mom, and she loves it. I didn't want to ask for it back again (kind-hearted son that I am), so I just went out now, and re-purchased the 1018 - just like the one I had before.
What I like about this:
1) It's expandable - up to 30 trays. (That's something that the Excalibur - as great as it is - couldn't do.) It would be a ton of work to fill 30 trays, so for now I'll just stick with the 8. To have trays that I'm not using would cause me to lay awake at nights - with overwhelming guilt and anxiety.
2) This "package deal" is really a great savings. I priced what it would cost if I did all the accessories (screens, roll-up trays) individually, and this is much cheaper. I ALWAYS use the screens, even for things that don't need them, because they help keep the trays a little cleaner. Screens are easier to wash than trays. (BTW, I found it easiest to wash the trays in the bathtub. They are too big for the kitchen sink and for the dishwasher.)
I know that this model has been around for years - so I anticipate that I'll have no trouble whatsoever with this. If there were any bugs in the design, they would have been worked out a long time ago. Any questions? Just holler, and I'll do my best to answer them.
Great dehydrator. Love it.
Although the description says there's no need to rotate trays, I find that there is and I do. The fruit on different levels dries differently so I just rotate them midway through the drying process. It's not a big deal.
I couldn't live without my awesome Nesco Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator! Get one, you won't regret it!