4 Year Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added cost. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered on day one for portable products.
- Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7.
- If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
NESCO FD-75A, Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator, Gray
To access this option, go to Your Orders and choose Get product support.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Adjustable thermostat allows you to dry different foods at proper temperatures (95º-160º F)
- Powerful Top Mounted Fan. 600 watts of drying power. 120 Volt
- Comes with 5 trays, but is expandable to 12 trays. (Trays are 13 1/2" in diameter)
- Opaque Vita-Save exterior helps block harmful light which destroys nutritional content of food being dehydrated
- Patented Converga-Flow drying system forces air down the exterior pressurized chamber (not through the trays). The hot air is forced horizontally across each individual tray, converging on the core for fast, even and nutritious drying. No flavor mixing and no need to rotate trays
- Made in the USA of Global and Domestic parts
Buy this product Renewed and save $8.42.
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Snack like a pro with the NESCO FD-75A Food Dehydrator
NESCO is synonymous with innovation and quality! In addition to Roasters and Dehydrators, we offer a variety of small kitchen appliances like Pressure Cookers, Food Slicers & Grinders, Portable Induction Cooktops, Electric Skillets, Vacuum Sealers and much more!
The NESCO line of Food Dehydrators provide top of the line performance that preserves while locking nutrition in. NESCO dehydrators dry foods faster and more evenly from top to bottom, without tray rotation needed. In addition to our line of versatile dehydrators, we have the added accessories you are looking for. From Add-A-Trays and jerky gun kits to seasoning mixes and fruit roll sheets, we offer a complete accessory line.
NESCO Food Dehydrator Model: FD-75A
Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator
Dry fruit, vegetables, and jerky in hours instead of days with the NESCO Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator. Features include an adjustable thermostat ranging from 95º to 160º F, which provides the flexibility needed to ensure the best quality results.
The unique Converga-Flow drying system provides fast, even, and nutritious drying and the top mounted fan eliminates any worry of liquids dripping into the heating chamber. Five trays come included and the unit can be expanded to 12 trays (additional Add-a-Trays sold separately).
The opaque Vita-Save exterior surface blocks harmful light to help retain more of the food's nutrients and vitamins during the drying process. Accessories include two fruit roll sheets, perfect for drying semi-liquids like soups, sauces, and fruit rolls; two Clean-A-Screen flexible screens, which allow for easy drying of small items such as herbs, spices and potpourri; and three original jerky spice packets for making jerky. A 52-page recipe and instruction book is also included.
The NESCO Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator measures approximately 13.5-inch by 13.5-inch by 13.5-inch and is made in the USA of Global and Domestic parts.
- Adjustable thermostat dial (95º-160º F)
- Powerful top-mounted 2100 RPM fan with 600 Watts of drying power
- Comes with 5 trays and is expandable to 12 trays (Trays are 13 1/2" in diameter)
- Converga-Flow drying system provides even and nutritious drying. No need to rotate trays.
- Opaque exterior blocks harmful light which helps maintain nutritional content while dehydrating
- Includes: (2) Clean-A-Screens, (2) Fruit Roll Sheets, (3) Original Jerky Spice & (3) Cure Packs
Dehydrate different foods at the proper temperatures. Precision drying provides consistent results.
600 Watts of power provide 2100 RPM for faster drying. Dry foods in hours, not days.
Expand and dehydrate with up to 12 trays. Drying pressure automatically adjusts to the number of trays.
Converga-Flow drying action ensures even heat distribution. No flavor mixing or tray rotation needed.
Jerky is a favorite snack for school, lunch, on the trail or just about anywhere! It is made by seasoning lean, raw meat in a salt mixture, then drying it without cooking. The finished product is a protein-rich exercise in chewing and ever so delicious! Jerky also makes a savory broth base for soups and stews.
Homemade jerky is much less expensive than jerky slices or sticks purchased at a grocery or convenience store. Most lean meats will yield about 1 pound of jerky for 3 pounds of fresh meat.
1. What is dehydrating?
Dehydrating is a method of food preservation in which moisture is removed from the food. Dehydrating inhibits growth of microorganisms and decay. Dehydrating can dramatically increase storage life for food.
2. Does Dehydrating food destroy its nutrients?
Dehydrating causes minimal loss of nutrients, but if done properly that loss is quite small. You will retain about 90% of the vitamins and minerals. When using higher heats, foods will dehydrate faster, but this will result in more nutrient loss.
3. How do you know when foods are dry?
Always let foods cool for a few minutes. Check to see if the food is still moist or sticky. If it is leathery and pliable, it is usually done. However, foods that are overdried may become brittle and turn brown.
4. How do you store dried foods?
Always store dried foods in airtight containers. Store containers in a cool, dry place. Exposure to humidity, light and air during storage adversely affects storage life of dried foods.
5. How long can I store dried food?
We recommend a maximum storage time of one year for the best appearance and nutritional value. Vacuum packing greatly extends shelf life. Refrigeration or freezing will double or triple shelf life.
6. How long does it take to dehydrate foods?
It depends on the type of food you are dehydrating, quantities, and capabilities of dehydrator. Refer to your fruit drying guidelines.
7. If I powdered my dried vegetables, what could I use them for?
Powdered onion and garlic, of course, are great seasonings for meats and sauces. Powdered tomatoes can be reconstituted into tomato sauce, paste, catsup, juice or soup. A blender or food processor will give you the finest texture. Store in air-tight container.
8. Is it necessary to pretreat foods before dehydrating them?
Pretreating can enhance color and flavor of certain foods, but is not necessary. Pretreatment options are dipping, blanching, and marinating.
9. My apples and pears have darkened to a rusty-brown color while drying. Are they safe to eat?
Yes. Fruits that have turned brownish color are safe to eat. Many fruits will oxidize when the flesh of the fruit is exposed to air. By pretreating fruits, oxidation is reduced.
10. What kinds of foods can you dehydrate?
You can dry fruits, vegetables, meats, herbs, flowers, pet treats, etc. Dry left over bread for bread crumbs. You can dry almost anything that contains water.
11. Why should the edges of my fruit leather be thicker than the center?
With fruit leathers, the edges of mixture tend to dry first. If edges are the same thickness as center, they will dry too quickly and become brittle.
12. Will flavors mix if I dry different foods together in the same dehydrator?
If you dry foods in the same category, such as fruits with other fruits and vegetables with other vegetables, the flavors should not mix. However, we do not recommend drying onions with any other foods.
13. Are dehydrated foods recommended for camping and hiking?
You can use dehydrated ingredients to speed up preparation time. Dehydrated foods are lightweight and easy to carry in your backpack or camper.
14. What are the benefits of food drying?
There are many benefits of drying food. Here are some:
- You are in control of the quality of food you eat.
- You will save money.
- You can take advantage of supermarket specials.
- You can create a tasty snack that is good for you.
- You can take advantage of your own garden by drying your fruits and vegetables to be used year round.
15. My banana chips don't taste or look like the ones in the stores. What can I do?
The banana chips you buy in the store are deep fried. Dehydrating your own banana chips taste great and are more nutritious than store bought.
16. The fruit sticks to the trays. How can I prevent this?
Fruits or thinly sliced vegetables may stick to your trays. You may want to purchase Clean-A-Screens to put on your trays to prevent these items from sticking.
|Double Wall Converga-Flow||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Expandable to Levels/Trays||12||12||8||30||30||20|
|Includes Fruit Roll Up Sheet||1||2||No||1||8||1|
|Matched Accessory Model Numbers||LT-2W, LM-2-6, LSS-2-6||LT-2SG, LM-2-6, LSS-2-6||SQT-2, SLD-2-6, SQM-2-6||TR-2, MS-2-6, SLD-2-6||TR-2, MS-2-6, SLD-2-6, HP-9||TR-2, MS-2-6, SLD-2-6|