Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nesco FD-75PR Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5 tray food dehydrator dries in hours instead of days
- Top-mounted fan; adjustable thermostat from 95-to-160 degrees F
- Flavors don't mix; no need to rotate trays; opaque exterior blocks harmful lights
- Includes recipe book, 2 solid sheets, 2 mesh sheets, and 1 original jerky spice packet
- 5 trays, 2 fruit roll sheets, 2 clean a screens, 3 original flavor jerky spices and 3 cure packets
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Dry fruit, vegetables, and jerky in hours instead of days. The unit's patented Converga-Flow drying system forces air down the exterior pressurized chamber, then horizontally across each individual tray, converging in the center, for fast, even, and nutritious drying. Flavors don't mix, and there's no need to rotate the trays. It's top-mounted fan eliminates the worry of liquids dripping into the heater chamber, and an opaque Vita-Save exterior helps block harmful lights in order to retain more of the food's nutrients and vitamins during the drying process. The unit's adjustable thermostat ranged from 95 degrees to 160 degrees F, providing the flexibility needed to ensure excellent results. Five trays come included, but the unit can be expanded to 12 trays (additional trays sold separately) for drying larger quantities at one time. Accessories include two fruit roll sheets, perfect for drying semi-liquids like soups, sauces, and fruit rolls; two Clean-A-Screen flexible screens, which allow for easy drying of small items such as herbs, spices and potpourri; and three original jerky spice packets and three cure packets for making jerky. A 52-page recipe and instruction book also comes included. With a speckled gray design, the food dehydrator measures approximately 13-inch by 13-inch by 10-inch. FD-75A is Frustration free packaging and FD-75PR is retail packaging.
Top customer reviews
expected it to work okay but not this good!
I put 5 pounds of beef to dry, expecting it to take at least a day.
5 hours later and it was done!
This was thicker sliced than the paper thin I usually do
on top of that!
I love that the heater and fan are on the top
that makes clean up after jerky
My sister just bought one too and is very happy she did.
We both contemplated on buying the Excalibur one but
this by far is a better deal for your money.
I have had it a week now and have used it almost every day.
With the excellent quality of this dehydrator I expect to get
many , many years of use out of it
over a year later and we found that we needed more than one dehydrator, so we purchased another one of these with extra trays, screens.
we were hooked on dehydrating...so easy and no food spoilage!
We found ourselves needing even another dehydrator to keep up with all the
fresh produce and meats that we would purchase in bulk to save money.
This time we bought an Excalibur 9 tray with timer.
I have to say, we should of just bought another Nesco American Harvest
FD-75PR. The Nesco dehydrated the corn faster than the high priced Excalibur and I found I did need to rotate the trays in the Excalibur,
because the foods on the back of the trays dried faster than the foods on the front of the trays.
So ...if we need another dehydrator down the road we're sticking with
Nesco American Harvest FD-75PR 700-Watt Food Dehydrator and putting the extra cash we save in the bank!
9/21/2012 update...Over 5 years later and still going strong. Have used it for everything from dehydrating fruits and veggies,various types of jerky, raw foods recipes , roll ups and dehydrating meals for camping. Still Very happy with this dehydrator.
8/5/2014 update still going strong!
8/26/2015 harvest time and still working as good as ever!
Pros: *fan not in bottom of unit - allows for more uniform drying
*size - fits nicely on a kitchen counter
*availability of accessories
*ease of use
Cons: *no timer
*no on/off switch - you have to unplug the unit to turn it off
5 tray food dehydrator dries in hours instead of days
• Top-mounted fan; adjustable thermostat from 95-to-160 degrees F
• Flavors don't mix; no need to rotate trays; opaque exterior blocks harmful lights
• Includes recipe book, 2 solid sheets, 2 mesh sheets, and 1 original jerky spice packet
• 5 trays, 2 fruit roll sheets, 2 clean a screens, 3 original flavor jerky spices and 3 cure packets
- Easy to clean
- Fan placed above food so juices do not drip into fan compartment
- Optional removable teflon trays that make cleaning even easier and allow dehydrating of soup
- Comes with instructions and tips for food dehydration
- Electrical cord is only about 2 feet long
- Air vents in the bottom allow for juices to leak out if food is overly juicy
I would give this 5 stars except for the lack of an off/on switch and a timer, both of which would be very little incremental cost. Those two features, available on crock pots, are not only for convenience but also safety.
The trays stack well but don't load too many as the bottom dries a lot slower. Also the lift off of the lid to check progress is awkward as the cord is attached. But I do prefer the heat source being away from the counter surface.
Easy clean up. The optional other types of trays are nice for especially wet items and small herbs.