This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealing System with Bag Starter Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Vacuum Sealing System eliminates freezer burn, reduces spoilage and food waste
- One touch vacuum sealer operation and turns off automatically
- Roll storage compartment with bag cutter and sealing tray that fits up to 11.8” wide roll bag material
- Seal time selection switch to extend seal time for better sealing of wet foods
- Includes Bag Material – 2 Rolls 8.66” x 9.8', 5 flat 8.66” x 11.8” and 5 flat 11” x 11.8”
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
NESCO Vacuum Sealer provides commercial grade results that keep foods fresh longer.
NESCO: Innovation and Quality
NESCO is synonymous with innovation and quality! In addition to Roasters and Dehydrators, we offer a variety of small kitchen appliances like Pressure Cookers, Food Slicers & Grinders, Portable Induction Cooktops, Electric Skillets, Vacuum Sealers and much more!
NESCO Vacuum Sealers will change the way you purchase and store foods. As you become more accustomed to vacuum sealing, it will become an indispensable part of your food preservation and preparation. The NESCO line of Vacuum Sealers provide top of the line performance that preserves and protects while locking freshness in and keeping freezer burn out.
NESCO Vacuum Sealer Model: VS-02
Locks Freshness In And Freezer Burn Out.
Save time and money with the NESCO VS-02 Vacuum Sealer! Prepare whole meals in advance & save leftovers. Eliminate freezer burn, reduce spoilage and waste. Buy in bulk and seal for later.
Fully automatic, one touch operation, and automatic shut off makes this vacuum sealer easy to use. The Seal-Only switch prevents over vacuuming and crushing of food. The VS-02 features an extended seal time function for thicker bags and wet items.
The VS-02 also features a bag cutter and roll storage compartment with that fits up to 11.8” wide roll bag material. The NESCO VS-02 Vacuum Sealer includes (2) Sealer Rolls, size: 8.66” x 9.8', (5) Sealer Bags, size: 8.66” x 11.8” and (5) Sealer Bags, size: 11” x 11.8”.
- Easy One-Touch operation with Auto Shut Off
- Vacuum/Seal and Seal Only functions with Indicator Lights
- Optional Extended Seal function for moist foods and tighter sealing
- Convenient Roll Storage with Built-in Bag Cutter
- Includes 10 Starter Bags in two sizes and 2 Starter Rolls in one size
- Accommodates bags up to 11.8 Inches wide
This vacuum sealer features Unlock Buttons on the right and left side of the sealer. In the locked position, they secure the cover in place while the vacuum sealer is in operation. Press buttons firmly to unlock. When closed, the cover connects the sealing gaskets together forming a vacuum chamber.
The vacuum chamber is where the open end of the bag is positioned, the chamber draws air from the bag. Once the air has been removed, the upper sealing element becomes hot and seals the bag as it engages with the lower sealing strip.
The convenient roll storage compartment provides space to store bag material and the built-in bag cutter enables the user to create specific sized bags.
A cord storage area is located on the bottom of the appliance which provides the space needed to store the power cord neatly.
This vacuum sealer has multiple push button functions which allows the user to preserve and prepare a wide variety of food and personal items. The Vacuum/Seal function is for vacuuming the bag and automatically sealing it when vacuuming process is complete. The Seal Only function is for sealing a bag without vacuuming first. The Vacuum/Seal and Seal Only Indicator Lights show the status of the vacuum or seal process. The Extended/Normal function allows the user to choose between different food types like moist or delicate items. The Cancel Button stops the unit at any time. A Hose Port feature is located on the vacuum sealer above the right Unlock Button. This function allows for the use of additional accessories which can be used with the Canister Only setting.
Compare with similar items
Save time and money with the Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer! Prepare whole meals in advance, save leftovers, and reseal foods such as potato chips and cereal in their original package. Eliminate freezer burn, reduce spoilage and waste. Fully automatic, one-touch operation and automatic shut off makes it so easy to use. The unit has a powerful piston pump with a seal only switch to prevent over vacuuming and crushing of delicate foods. Features switch to extend sealing time for wet items or tighter sealing. This vacuum sealer can also be used to protect special papers and documents, or to keep supplies dry during camping or traveling. A roller storage compartment includes bag cutter for added convenience. Unit comes with 2 rolls of 8.66" X 9.8' bag material, 5 pieces of 8.66" X 11.8" bags and 5 pieces of 11.0" X 11.8" bags. We recommend Nesco brand Vacuum Sealing Bags model VS-03R, VS-05B, VS-06B, VS-04R, VS-07V. Bagging material is extra strong, with crossed air venting ribs on both sides of bags for maximum air extraction. 110-watts. Black and silver.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. CORRECTION: The unit comes with 10 bags, not 2 like I mention in the video.
2. I looked at several other brands of vacuum sealer and Foodsaver is the only one with 4-stars or better. the biggest complaint is that it stops working after a while. For some people it was 20 uses and others after a year (directly after the warranty) that their unit stopped working. I haven't had this unit that long, so time will tell if I come back here and change my rating.
3. Otherwise after reading other reviews on competitor products, I'd give this a five star for the simple reason of having the storage for the roll and the bag slicer.
4. I like the easy sealing process, as shown in the video.
5. Getting replacement bags is easy and you can use competitor bags. The roll holder is just under 12-inches, so don't get anything bigger than that.
6. This unit is LARGE! Too large to sit on our small kitchen counter space. Also, since it's slopped, it cannot stack well anywhere, unless it's the top-most item because it does have a flat base. You cannot turn it on its side, but you can stand it on the back, as it too is flat.
I decided to put it back in the box, so it's rectangle and can stack better. I then threw the box into a hallway closet and will bring it down when needed, since it's not a product our family in particular will use every day.
Comparing the two was pretty simple.
The Nesco sells for about 15% less than the Foodsaver.
The Foodsaver felt cheaply made. It was light, small, and didn't have one of the features I really liked about the Nesco, an extended sealing setting.
The Nesco feels solid, as if you could use it continuously as a hobbyist whereas the Foodsaver felt like it was best for grocery day only, and for a small day at that.
No comparison, the Nesco weighs considerably more and feels more solid.
The Foodsaver wins here. It comes with different size bags, a vacuum attachment for bottles, canisters, quick marinator, (all of which must be purchased separately) and other Foodsaver after market items.
The Nesco comes with a few different bags.
The Foodsaver takes up a lot less space, so keeping it on the counter is less of a problem. As is finding space in a cupboard.
The Nesco, due to its more solid build and higher quality, does take up a lot of counter space, but that's a trade off I'm willing to make, as I can box it up, and put it out in the garage on top of our freezer.
I did have a few questions to ask and Nesco's customer service was very responsive. I've heard that Foodsaver is not very customer friendly and a question I asked them in early December still hasn't been responded to as of the date of this review, late January.
For quality, expected life expectancy, and service, I've rated the Nesco two stars higher over the Foodsaver.
I was so impressed with the Nesco, I purchased one of their Food Dehydrators as well. I've been using that a lot, making homemade jerky for my dogs, then vacuum sealing them with the VS-02. All in all, I'm pleased with Nesco.
I looked at a number of reviews before buying. The reviews convinced me to get a Nesco over a Foodsaver. The small print at the top of each review I read specified "Color: Black/Silver." This makes it sound like color is the only difference. These reviews also mentioned features like a cutter, a bag storage area, and a port to attach a hose for vacuum sealing universal jars.
Since both color options were offered under the same listing of Nesco Food Vacuum Sealer, it didn't cross my mind that the white one might have fewer features. I just thought it was cheaper because white isn't trendy like black and silver. The Nesco got so many 5-star reviews! I'd bet that if the white and black/silver were listed separately on Amazon, the white would in no way get same the high ratings of the black/silver; it's not the same unit at all.
It also never occurred to me that clicking "white" would yield a different product description (I learned that after the fact). In my opinion, these should be listed as two completely different products on Amazon, much as a different model of camera or food processor or other appliance would have its own listing. Bottom line: I need to be more vigilant before buying products that offer different options!
My experience using the white sealer: I discovered that the white unit does indeed lack many of the features of the black/silver unit. To operate, it requires a good deal of pressure to snap each corner shut before sealing. The first time I tried it, I was afraid I'd break it by pressing down that hard, but it seemed to accept the pressure just fine. I was pleased with the integrity of the heat-sealed bags, but in general, the unit just seemed a little awkward to use.
I ended up returning the white one and ordering the black/silver one instead. The jury is still out, as the new one hasn't arrived yet.
UPDATE: I love the black and silver one. I use it all the time and have not had any problems. Have owned it more than a year. I love that frozen foods last well beyond normal expiration, thanks to total lack of air in the bags.