Nespresso D111-US-BK-NE1 Citiz Espresso Maker, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made in USA or Imported
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; Holds 10 used capsules; For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Compact brewing unit technology; Fast preheating time: 25 seconds; Automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity (Espresso and Lungo)
- Pivoting cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses; Removable 34-ounce water tank
- 19 Bar high pressure pump;Machine can be turned on by hitting either the Espresso or Lungo buttons located at top of machine.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Award-winning compact design
Thanks to its compact dimensions, the CitiZ coffee machine easily fits in even in the smallest urban kitchens. Its elegant, innovative and user-friendly design won the Red Dot Design Award.
Espresso, Lungo and more
The two automatic buttons for Espresso and Lungo can be also reprogrammed for custom volumes and are backlit for ease of use. Thanks to the adaptable and folding drip tray the CitiZ coffee maker is perfect also for taller glass recipes.
High pressure pump and perfect heat control system
The 19 bar high-performance pump offers barista-style coffee every time, perfectly extracting the delicate flavor and premium aromas of each coffee capsule and creating an incomparably dense and unctuous crema. The fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds.
The automatic energy saving function turns off the machine after 9 minutes of inactivity (this period may be extended from 9 to 30 minutes) making your life easier and consuming 60% less energy than a model rated as 'A' according to FEA / CECED labelling.
Each machine includes a welcome set with 16 capsules containing individual aromas. Try each Grand Cru to find your favorites.
Nespresso capsule system
The Nespresso capsule system delivers exceptional taste and unique aromas thanks to the preparation of high-quality coffees in hermetically sealed and recyclable aluminium capsules for coffee enjoyment at the highest level.
The Nespresso Club
Order your Nespresso capsules through the Nespresso Club; online, by telephone (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or in one of our Boutiques. Receive personalized advice and obtain technical support for your machine: whatever you are seeking, the Nespresso Club is with you every step of the way.
We also offer a capsule recycling service to all Club Members in the United States.
The Positive Cup
We believe that each cup of Nespresso has the potential to not only deliver a moment of pleasure but also restore, replenish and revive environmental and human resources. In effect, a cup of coffee that can create a greater value for society and the environment.
This is the Positive Cup vision and continues Nespresso's commitment to sustainability in coffee sourcing and consumption.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 5.1 x 14.6 x 10.9 in
- Water Tank Capacity: 34 oz
- Container capacity: 9-11 used capsules
- Weight: 7.5 lb
- Dimensions of the box (WxHxD): 7.8 x 13.5 x 17 in
- Power: 1260 W
- Pump Pressure: 19 bar
- Cable length: 3.6 ft
- Cup Warmer: No
- Removable Water Tank: Yes
- Filter included: No
- Power Save mode: Yes
Created to please both Nespresso coffee drinkers and lovers of modern design, CitiZ represents the union of functionality and inspirations both from retro and modern design.
The intuitive and user-friendly CitiZ machine embodies the expertise of Nespresso to suit all coffee-drinking preferences.
- Nespresso CitiZ machine
- Welcome pack containing 16 Nespresso Grands Crus capsules
- Instruction booklet
- Information folder
|Pump pressure||19 bar||19 bar||19 bar|
|Empty water tank detection||✓|
|Fast 25" heat-up||✓||✓||✓|
|Programmable, one-touch buttons||Espresso & Lungo||Espresso & Lungo||Espresso & Lungo|
|Movable drip tray for large cups||Foldable drip tray||Foldable drip tray||Foldable drip tray|
|Energy consumption class||A||A-40%||A-40%|
|Automatic power off||✓||✓||✓|
|Water tank capacity||24 oz||24 oz||34 oz|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.7 x 9 x 12.6 in||4.4 x 9.3 x 12.8 in||5.1 x 10.9 x 14.6 in|
|Special features||Lightest machine - Wide range of fashionable colors||Avant-garde design - Compact size - Premium aluminium siding||Retro-modern design|
Conceived to please both enthusiasts of Nespresso and lovers of modern design, Citiz is the expression of the union between high tech and retro-modern design inspirations. Nespresso began more than 25 years ago with a simple but revolutionary idea, to create the perfect cup of Espresso coffee with exquisite crema, tantalizing aroma and full bodied taste-just like skilled baristas. As the worldwide pioneer, Nespresso redefined the way coffee lovers around the world enjoy their espresso coffee through a unique combination of premium quality Grand Cru coffees, stylish coffee machines and exceptional customer service. To obtain the perfect espresso, Nespresso Experts seek out only the ﬁnest Grands Crus green coffees, which promise to offer the most tantalizing aromas. The virtuoso ‘alchemists' compose the blend from these diverse origins and decide upon a speciﬁc roasting and grinding proﬁle. Each of the Nespresso Grands Crus has a distinctive character. You can, depending on the variety of different recipes, enjoy Nespresso with milk. When combined with creamy milk foam, you will experience a whole new variety of flavors. The Nespresso Club Services. A world of services at your disposal. The Nespresso Club is always there for you, online, by telephone or in one of our Boutiques. Order your Nespresso capsules, receive personalized advice and obtain technical support for your machine: whatever you are seeking, the Nespresso Club and its Specialists are with you every step of the way. Benefit from quick and easy ordering whenever, wherever.
Note:The product does not have a on/off switch. Machine can be turned on by hitting either the Espresso or Lungo buttons located at top of machine.
Top Customer Reviews
We've had this thing over 3 years now, since early Nov 2012, and use it quite a bit -- every day, averaging 2-3 shots a day, so that's around *2500* shots and counting. Here are some random thoughts about our experience so far:
* The espresso is very good. Intense flavor, thick crema, just yummy. I won't claim to be a coffee connoisseur, but I've had *bad* coffee before, and this is not it. :-) I'll say it this way -- I think strbucks is pretty good, I think kcups are pretty bad. This is way up at the strbucks end of the spectrum. I personally think it's *better* than strbucks, but I can't be sure -- it might just be because I don't enjoy standing in line.
* It's quick, it's consistent, it's easy, *dangerously* easy. To make a shot of espresso (warm the machine up, insert a coffee capsule, push the button) takes about 2 minutes. Cleaning up afterwards takes another minute.
* It's fun to try making "recipe" drinks -- latte', cappuccino, macchiato, ... the Nespresso web page has suggestions and methods.
* After just 2 1/2 months, we had already recovered (based on strbucks prices) the cost of the machine. And that's without considering the *time* we save, the added enjoyment of being in our own cozy home, etc. (We didn't necessarily buy the machine to save money. Just sayin.. even if it falls apart the day after the warranty ends, we'll happily buy another.)
* Our machine has been rock solid, trouble free, after a full year of daily use.
* Optional: For extra credit, you can snip the foil lids off the capsules, compost the spent coffee, and recycle the aluminum shells. In that case, there's very little trash left behind.
* We did have a bit of trouble first setting up the machine; however, the Nespresso guys were very responsive, helped us resolve the problem. Since then, we've been working the machine hard and haven't had any trouble.
* If you enjoy the art/ritual aspect of espresso -- grinding, tamping, drawing the shot, knocking the grinds, cleaning and preening -- if that's what floats your boat, this is not the machine for you.
The overall quality of the Nespresso unit is quite good. There are several models to choose from in various colors, but they all seem to have very similar performance. The big difference is really just whether a milk warmer/frother is included, and if so, whether it's totally separate or an integrated unit. Water capacity, pressure, temperature, adjustments and so forth seem about the same across all of the units I sampled.
The unit puts out 19 bars of pressure - more than many. The small pods feature thin metal containers - no doubt to handle this much pressure without bursting (as would, say, a K-cup). This definitely gives you more of an espresso taste than simply a "strong coffee" taste.
The unit heats quickly - under half a minute from dead cold. Once heated, you can make cup after cup, and when it sits idle for a while (over 5 minutes, I think), it shuts off. The brew cycle is also fairly quick...even from a dead cold startup, you can have a shot of espresso in under a minute or two. Larger servings are possible from Nespresso's "Lungo" pods, and they take just a few seconds longer. When you're done, the machine is easy to clean - just empty the used pods (it claims to hold 10, but I find six more realistic) and occasionally rinse out the pod bins. No messy grounds to deal with or anything.
I also find the machine fairly quiet for an espresso maker. The pressure pumps in some of the smaller units put out quite a loud sound, but the Nespresso seems to be one of the quietest overall.
Note that this model doesn't have any sort of built-in milk warming or frothing. You can buy Nespresso's add-on milk units, but there are several other brands you might consider. If you're like me in an office setting, you might prefer one with built-in refrigeration so that your milk lasts several days. Certainly the size and strength of the espresso shots output by the Nespresso suggests it would be used for cappuccino or latte.
I'd rate the coffee taste as about an 8 out of 10. With the right beans, my super-automatic makes better - but it costs twenty times what this guy does. I can make better with a manual unit on the stove, but that takes a good half an hour from grinding the beans to washing the espresso maker. The Nespresso is consistent cup after cup, wins on convenience by a mile, and the coffee is better than I expected. Like many things in life, it's about balance, and the Nespresso does about as well as I could expect. For the price, you get a convenient and simple to use appliance that produces as good or better coffee than you're likely to find at the local coffee shop.
Only real complaint is with buying the pods themselves. I should have done more research, but it turns out I don't have a local source for the Nespresso coffee pods. Even my local stores who sell the machines don't sell the pods, and so I'm pretty much at the mercy of buying online from Nespresso's site. They average about sixty cents per cup, but unlike K-cups which are available everywhere, when I run out, it takes a day or two to get a new supply. There's also not much of a secondary market - Nespresso makes maybe 15 varieties, and that's all you're likely to find. Luckily, they are very good - but don't expect the 250 or so flavors you find in things like Keurig K-cups.
Other than being more or less locked into Nespresso for pods, this is a great unit for the price and definitely worth a look if you want a convenient machine that makes good espresso.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect coffee every time
Bought a "LIke-New" D111 from Amazon Warehouse deal that was "Guranteed", but when it arrived at out house it was clear what a pile...Read more