Nespresso U D50 Espresso Maker, Pure Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fully automatic piercing, brewing and ejection of used capsules with a retracting coffee outlet to stop dripping after coffee is brewed
- 27-ounce water tank Fast pre-heat time: 25 seconds for use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Automatic memorization of one of three cup sizes: Ristretto, Espresso and Lungo Removable magnetic cup/drip tray for larger milk recipes
- 19 bar pump pressure Automatic power off after 9-minute of inactivity
- Light indicator for empty water tank and full capsule dispenser: Holds 12 used capsules
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
In Italy, every tabac has a fully stocked bar and a $12,000 espresso machine operated by an old man or young woman who coaxes the black blood of the devil out on demand while fiddling with knobs and pipes. If Italy ever wants to clear its national debt, it can just sell its espresso machines and be in the black within 24 hours. However, in America, knowledgeable baristas are few and far between. They definitely aren't working at Starbucks, and the ones working at Intelligentsia are filled with the kind of disdain for their customers usually reserved for war criminals at The Hague. Therefore, the best option in America is to buy a Nespresso machine.
The U is compact, with an adjustable water tank you can shift to the side to nestle it into a corner more easily. The machine auto-ejects your capsules and holds up to ten spent ones, so don't forget to empty it every few days. The results are consistent, and have a great crema on top. The Nespresso service makes it easy to reorder capsules. All in all, I really couldn't be happier.
I now have a sleek black U and it is my new BFF. The operation on this one couldn't be simpler, you have three cup touch controls right on the top to choose between Ristretto (.84 oz.), Espresso (1.35 oz.), and Lungo (3.7oz). To turn the machine on you simply slide open the pod cover and it begins to preheat which takes about 25 seconds. Then insert your pod, touch the cup size you want and slide the cover closed. It begins brewing immediately and in a few seconds you are enjoying a perfect cup of coffee and your spent pod is automatically dropped into the capsule dispenser. I like to run a cycle without a pod to preheat my cup before brewing. In addition to the factory preset there are included instructions to easily reprogram any button to a different volume.
Another feature about this machine I like is the water reservoir can be rotated to the left or right. I have mine placed to the side so I don't even have to remove it to fill with filtered water from my pitcher and it is easy to see how much water is left.
You will get one pod of each of their 16 coffees with your machine so you can find out what your favorites are before placing an order. They are sold in packages of 10; most coffees are 60 cents per pod. Single origin coffees like my beloved Indriya are 65 cents each and for me a great deal for such a fabulous cup of coffee.Read more ›
I have only had it for a couple of days and I will update this review if I run into any problems or have more to say, however this is my first impression.
* It was easy to set up. The instructions are good, although it seems as though they were translated from another language. The wording is clear, but sometimes awkwardly phrased.
* After a couple of cleaning cycles, you are ready to brew. I had my first cup about 10 minutes after unboxing.
* Its attractively styled. It's has basic utilitarian look, not overly "blingy" or gaudy.
* It comes with a sampler of 16 coffee capsules.
* All of the coffees I have tried are very good. I actually enjoy my Nespresso coffee more than what I'm served when I go out.
* I like hot coffee, but not scalding. Even the first cup comes out very hot.
* The water container can be set on either side of the machine or in back of it, which gives you more options for placement.
* It takes up very little counter space.
* The water tank holds 27 oz., enough for 7 lungo cups or about 20 expresso cups. I like the fact that is clear.
* Operation could not be simpler. Insert capsule, close door and brewing starts in about 25 seconds for the first brew, almost immediately for second and subsequent cups.
* It is very clean. Drip cup captures any dripping. No leakage. Capsules fall into a hidden bin that will hold 12 used capsules.Read more ›
1.The U allows one to see the water reserve without having to pull the machine out so you can look behind. The reservoir is placed on a swivel and can be pulled to the right or left without disengaging it.
2. The U is fairly automatic. You place a coffee "capsule" into the top chamber and close the lid. The U presses out an impressive expresso shot and then automatically ejects the "capsule" into the chamber below.
3. You can select for a Lungo shot (110ml - longer shot or more water is pumped through) or a ristretto (25mll) or a regular 40ml expresso. You can also adjust those amounts through simple "touch the lights on top and hold" sequence that is explained in the instructions.
4. Excellent customer service and very fast deliver of the pods makes it feel solid. The Capsules are about .$65 each.
Regarding the coffee capsules: I'm not big on the color coding. Some are just too close to distinguish and the descriptions are difficult for me to sort through but it's not bad enough to reduce the star rating.
The buttons on top are not actually buttons but touch sensitive points and can be activated without knowing it.
The coffee is sublime and made quickly. I'm happy with this machine and the price point is fine but you can always find sales.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I enjoyed the machine. After some time, about a year, the coffee began to pour out in the inside tray, not through the spout. See many users online to whom this happened as well.Published 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
We have had two of this model and both have nearly caught fire. The touchpad melts down. Don't buy this model, it's dangerous.Published 9 months ago by Mimi
I have had Nespresso machines for about 15 years. Very reliable, great coffee and customer service superb. Did I mention cool design?? Ditch your Keurig.Published 9 months ago by blumet
Makes very good espresso and easy to use. We like to make doubles and we use a 4 oz cup. After a couple of times the coffee maker recognizes what you like and it automatically... Read morePublished 14 months ago by lisa
After a year of owning it, the machine started to make coffee in the trash holder compartment....Published 14 months ago by poppy