Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nespresso GCA1-US-CH-NE VertuoLine Coffee and Espr..." and save 74% off the $199.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $10.69 shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Nespresso GCA1-US-CH-NE VertuoLine Coffee and Espresso Maker, Chrome (Discontinued Model)
|Price:||$178.74 + $29.95 shipping|
|You Save:||$20.26 (10%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- New revolutionary Centrifusion technology to gently brew both Coffee and Espresso with one touch of a button
- Capsule recognition and code reading technology for blend-specific parametric brewing; Two capsule sizes, large for Coffee and small for Espresso
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; For use with Nespresso VertuoLine capsules only; Not compatible with Nespresso Original Line capsules
- Fast heat up 15 seconds; Removable 40 oz. water tank; Removable used capsule container holds 13-20 used capsules
- Integrated drip tray and movable cup support accommodates tall recipe glasses; Automatic off mode after 9 minutes of inactivity
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
3 Cup Sizes
One convenient machine for three cup sizes, 14oz. Alto, 8oz. Coffee and 1.35oz. Espresso via two different capsule sizes: large capsule for Alto and Coffee, and a small one for Espresso. Each capsule delivers the finest roast and ground coffee sealed in a single serve portion for optimal freshness.
Centrifusion extraction technology
Vertuo coffee makers use a patented extraction technology developed by Nespresso known as Centrifusion. Just insert a capsule and close the lever - when activated, the capsule spins up to 7,000 rotations per minute, blending ground coffee with water and producing the perfect crema to enjoy your favorite freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso.
Automatic blend recognition*
Vertuo uses an intelligent extraction system that recognizes each Grand Cru blend. Thanks to a barcode on the rim of the capsule, the brewing parameters are adjusted by the machine depending on the selected Grand Cru. There is no need to change settings. This delivers the best in-cup result for your chosen variety – all at the touch of a button.
(*Laser class 1 product).
Simple, one-touch brewing
Create exceptional freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso at the touch of a single button. The capsule is automatically ejected after brewing, with only 15-20 seconds of pre-heating time. The cup support is adjustable to three positions to accommodate different cup sizes.
Each machine includes a welcome set with 12 Large Nespresso Vertuo capsules containing individual aromas. Nespresso Experts have created these highly aromatic and smooth gourmet blends, individually developed to deliver ultimate quality. The result is 12 incomparable Grands Crus experiences, each carefully balanced and roasted to bring out its unique flavor profile.
Nespresso Vertuo capsule system
The Nespresso Vertuo capsule system delivers exceptional taste and unique aromas thanks to the preparation of high-quality coffees in hermetically sealed and recyclable aluminium capsules for coffee enjoyment at the highest level. Vertuo offers 12 freshly brewed Coffees and 4 authentic Espressos, each with varying intensity and taste. Try each Grand Cru to find your favorites.
The Nespresso Club
Order your Nespresso capsules through the Nespresso Club; online, by telephone (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or in one of our Boutiques. Receive personalized advice and obtain technical support for your machine: whatever you are seeking, the Nespresso Club is with you every step of the way.
We also offer a capsule recycling service to all Club Members in the United States.
The Positive Cup
We believe that each cup of Nespresso has the potential to not only deliver a moment of pleasure but also restore, replenish and revive environmental and human resources. In effect, a cup of coffee that can create a greater value for society and the environment. This is the Positive Cup vision and continues Nespresso's commitment to sustainability in coffee sourcing and consumption.
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville
From the pioneers of single-serve coffee, Nespresso Vertuo is a new system offering freshly brewed Coffee with crema as well as delicious, authentic Espresso. The machine conveniently makes three cup sizes, 14oz. Alto, 8 oz. Coffee, and 1.35 oz. Espresso, at the touch of a button. It uses two different capsule sizes: large capsule for Coffee and Alto, and a small one for Espresso. Vertuo coffee makers deliver a perfect cup of coffee time after time, thanks to Centrifusion, a patented extraction technology developed by Nespresso. Just insert a capsule and close the lever - when activated, the capsule spins up to 7,000 rotations per minute, blending ground coffee with water and producing the perfect crema to enjoy your favorite freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso. Includes a welcome set with 12 Large Nespresso VertuoLine capsules.
- Nespresso by Breville Vertuo Machine.
- 12 VertuoLine Capsules.
- Instruction Booklet.
- Information Folder.
- Dimensions (WxHxD ) 8.3x11.91x11.93 in.
- Weight: 10.85 lbs
- Heat Up Time: 15 seconds
- Water Tank Capacity: 40oz./1.2 L
- Used Capsule Capacity: 13 Coffee/20 Espresso
- Power: 1350 W
- Centrifusion Speed: 7000 rpm
- Brewing Technology: Centrifusion Technology
- Cable Length: 33.46 in.
- Removable Water Tank: Yes
- Power Save Mode: Yes
Compare with similar items
Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, Black
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine Bundle with Aeroccino Milk Frother by Breville, Chrome
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine with Aeroccino by De'Longhi, Black
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, Aluminum
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, Graphite Metal
|Shipping||$29.95||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Absolute Lifestyle||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Sur La Table, Inc.|
|Item Dimensions||11.91 x 8.3 x 11.93 in||12.6 x 4.7 x 9 in||11.94 x 8.31 x 11.94 in||19.45 x 11.5 x 15.67 in||12.8 x 4.4 x 9.3 in||9 x 12.2 x 12.3 in|
|Item Weight||12.34 lbs||5.29 lbs||9.8 lbs||12.96 lbs||6.04 lbs||10.96 lbs|
Experience the Revolution of Coffee. The new Nespresso VertuoLine coffee system provides coffee lovers with a revolutionary way to experience freshly brewed, large-cup coffee with an espresso style crema, as well as an authentic espresso at the touch of a button. The new Nespresso VertuoLine revolutionizes the way that coffee is brewed, introducing Centrifusion technology to produce large-cup coffee with crema and espresso with the same high quality, in cup result. Centrifusion provides a system where extraction parameters are individually controlled and optimized for each Grand Cru coffee. Over 25 years ago Nespresso pioneered the portioned coffee system and has been continuously innovating ever since to deliver the highest quality coffee experiences to consumers worldwide. Nespresso is once again revolutionizing the world of coffee by launching a new system; the Nespresso VertuoLine. To obtain the perfect coffee or espresso, Nespresso experts seek out only the ﬁnest Grand's Crus green coffees, which promise to offer the most tantalizing aromas. The virtuoso 'alchemists' compose the blend from these diverse origins and decide upon a speciﬁc roasting and grinding proﬁle. Each Nespresso Grand Cru has a distinctive character. You can, depending on the variety of different recipes, enjoy Nespresso with milk. When combined with creamy milk foam, you will experience a whole new variety of flavors. The Nespresso Club Services. A world of services at your disposal. The Nespresso Club is always there for you, online, by telephone or in one of our Boutiques. Order your Nespresso capsules, receive personalized advice and obtain technical support for your machine: whatever you are seeking, the Nespresso Club and its Specialists are with you every step of the way. Benefit from quick and easy ordering whenever, wherever.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Initially, we had some difficulty getting the first cup out. I can't remember why, something about the first cleaning cycle, and not having the lock all the way tightened when making the first cup. It does take some effort to lock, and for 80+year old seniors, this is slightly a challenge.
The coffee is consistent, but very bold. I have tried about 8-10 flavors at this point and do enjoy them all, but some are more tasty than others. The good coffee smell permeates the area quickly.
I don't like that some information is not easily available about the coffee types. You've got to go to Nespresso's site and there's little information about the beans. There's definitely very little printed on the boxes when you order a 10 pack for example.
Be prepared to spend money to drink coffee. At $1.10 a pod, this is much more expensive than buying a high quality bean and grinding a small amount daily. But, you do get massive convenience and the ability to make both espresso and coffee. If you drink mostly iced lattes daily for example, this might be a cheaper option than SB/CB/Peet's/etc (or the espresso only model) so go buy syrup and a milk product.
When you lift the lid, the old cap goes into the trash bin on the right. Left side is for water. How long does the tank last? For coffee cups, you get maybe 4-5 cups with that tank.
Coffee selection: 7/10
A little context: We've had a Nespresso in my office for about a year. It's the type that uses the "puffy disc" type pods. I don't think any machine in the history of the universe has caused more frustration among a group of people than this thing. Wasted pods left and right, inconsistent output, and mediocre taste with little to no crema for espressos. Basically, I was not a fan.
So I actively avoided Nespresso machines when shopping for an espresso machine for the house. But eventually the reviews won me over and I decided to give it a shot. So glad I did. This thing has become a fixture in our kitchen and is now deeply integrated in both my and my girlfriend's daily routine. So here's the things that stand out to me as reasons why you'd want one of these:
1) It's reliable - We've been though over 100 pods and not one jam, not one wasted pod. Given my experience w/my office nespresso needless to say I was very impressed
2) It's FAST - heats up in 5 seconds flat and is ready to go. Easily 5x faster than our Keurig.
3) Crema for days - the luxuriously thick crema this thing produces for both espressos and larger coffees is even better than your local coffee house. Seriously. If you are a "texture person" this is as good as it gets.
4) It's tasty - decent variety of available pods (but see below) and generally high quality - both my GF and I really enjoy the coffee (though we like different styles)
5) It's (sorta) environmentally friendly - at least more so than the Keurig. Pods are all aluminum and fully recycleable and Nespresso provides post-paid bags - just dump your used pods and drop them in the mail (* but see below)
6) It's low-maintenance - super easy to clean and maintain
7) It's versatile - while I use it mainly for espresso, it handles 5 different types/sizes of coffee and all of them we tried came out great
And a few things that could stand to be improved upon:
1) The coffee selection is not as varied at it would appear - there are over a dozen varieties, but in reality a lot of them are very similar and are just slightly different blends of the same few beans. If you tend to prefer darker roasts that trend toward the bitter side, you'll find a lot to like. If you like milder roasts you may want to try a few of the varieties before taking the plunge.
2) Unlike with Nespresso original machines, there are not any third party coffee companies that make Vertuo pods - So for the time being anyway you are stuck with what Nespresso offers
3) Pods are on the pricey side - expect to spend about $1/pod
4) Recycling program is great BUT while the bags are technically "free" - no bags are provided with the machine and to get them you have to place an order of $50+ on Nespresso.com - and that's the only way you can get them.
5) As some reviewers have noted this machine produces coffee at perfect "ready to drink" temperature. It also produces all sizes and varieties with a thick crema on top. This is by design and in line with European coffee tradition. If you prefer American style coffee and like it piping hot you should buy a Keurig (seriously - we have both and use both and for a good ole black coffee the Keurig is a champ)
Overall, in my view, the positives far outweigh the negatives and I'm very happy with my purchase.