Nespresso by De'Longhi EN520SL Lattissima Plus Espresso and Cappuccino Machine with Nespresso Capsule System, Silver
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$84.99 (15%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Barista grade: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure to deliver quality single serve espresso and coffee drinks every time
- Smart Coffee Maker: Choose your favorite coffee or espresso drinks (3 milk and 2 coffee options) with a touch of button on the illuminated control panel using Nespresso Original capsules. Used capsule container capacity - 10. Removable water tank - 0.9 Litre
- Versatile: Single touch easy to clean hot milk system helps you create the perfect single serve cup of coffee or espresso effortlessly; Adjustable sliding drip tray accommodates larger coffee drinks (latte, cappuccino and Italian macchiato)
- Technology: Thermoblock heating system speeds cold start heating time to seconds and maintains optimal temperature to enjoy multiple single serve coffee drinks instantly. Note coffee comes out very slowly due to flow speed depends on the coffee variety and descale if necessary see descaling section. Quality of milk froth is not up to standard, use skimmed or semi skimmed milk at refrigerator temperature about 4 degree Celsius. Rinse after each milk recipe preparation. Descale the machine
- Energy: Lattissima Plus has an energy saving adjustable auto off timer to help reduce electricity consumption. Water container capacity : 30 Ounce
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
A cup of coffee is much more than a break. It is your small ritual. Make it an unparalleled experience. Choose Nespresso, do not settle for less: specially-selected coffee coming in a range of exclusive varieties, coffee machines combining smart design with simple state-of-the-art technology, refined accessories, indulgent sweet treats and services anticipating your every desire. What else?
Nespresso Lattissima+ Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, Ice Silver, EN520SL
With the milk frothing technology of Lattissima+, Nespresso has mastered the art of pairing the highest quality espresso with the perfect quality of milk froth in a compact and innovative machine. Preparing your favorite drinks has never been this simple, with just the touch of a button. With Lattissima+ you can enjoy perfectly made, delicious drinks in a totally automated way, thanks to its practical design, high-tech system and several intuitive features.
Features & Benefits
Milk frothing technology and practical design
With the milk frothing technology of Lattissima+, you can enjoy delicious drinks with a velvety froth in a totally automated way. The sliding drip tray allows for different cup or glass sizes for any coffee and milk recipe.
Favorite coffee recipes in one touch
Prepare your favorite recipes (Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato) in an intuitive and totally automated way at the touch of a button. All drinks may be personalized and programmed by varying the quantity of milk/froth and coffee. A removable milk container with manual rinsing function facilitates the cleaning of the machine and can be easily stored in the fridge after use.
High pressure pump and fast heat-up
The 19 bar high-performance pump is the key to perfectly extracting the delicate flavor and premium aromas of each coffee capsule and creating an incomparably dense and unctuous crema. The fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 40 seconds.
Energy saving and intuitive descaling program
The energy saving function automatically turns off the machine after 9 minutes of inactivity (this period may be extended up to 8 hours). The intuitive descaling alert is triggered according to the programmed water hardness setting (Soft, Medium, Hard), and a pluggable descaling pipe makes the descaling process even easier.
Features & Benefits
Complimentary Welcome Gift
Each machine includes a welcome set with a range of Nespresso capsules with unique aromatic profiles. Try each coffee to find your favourites. Order your Nespresso capsules through the Nespresso mobile app, online at Nespresso.com, by telephone or in one of our Boutiques.
Ultimate Coffee Quality
Nespresso follows highly rigorous standards in selecting coffee. We create hermetically sealed and recyclable aluminum capsules as an optimum way to lock in freshness and provide exceptional taste. As a result, we offer a wide variety of coffees to satisfy every taste at any moment of the day.
Creating Shared Value
We believe that each cup of Nespresso has the potential to not only deliver a moment of pleasure but also restore, replenish and revive environmental and human resources. In effect, a cup of coffee that can create a greater value for society and the environment. Nespresso is committed to sustainability in coffee sourcing and consumption.
|Nespresso Lattissima+ by De'Longhi, Ice Silver, EN520SL||Nespresso CitiZ&milk Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, Limousine Black, EN267BAE||Nespresso Lattissima Pro by De'Longhi, EN750MB|
|Pump pressure||19 bar||19 bar||19 bar|
|Empty water tank detection||✖||✖||✓|
|Fast 25" heat-up||✖||✓||✖|
|Programmable, one-touch buttons||Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte Marcchiato||Espresso & Lungo||Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte Marcchiato, warm milk froth & hot water|
|Milk based drinks||One-touch system with removable milk container||Integrated Aeroccino for hot or cold milk froth||One-touch system with removable milk container|
|Movable drip tray for large cups||Sliding drip tray||Metallic folding drip tray||Sliding drip tray|
|Energy consumption class||A-40%||A-40%||A-40%|
|Automatic power off||✓||✓||✓|
|Water tank capacity||30 oz||34 oz||43.96 oz|
|Special features||One-touch system to prepare 4 coffee recipes, Rinsing function||Retro-modern design||One-touch system to prepare 6 recipes, Automatic rinsing function|
Compare with similar items
Nespresso by De'Longhi EN80B Original Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, 12.6 x 4.7 x 9 Inches, Black
Nespresso by De'Longhi EN80BAE Original Espresso Machine Bundle with Aeroccino Milk Frother by De'Longhi, 1-(Pack), Black
Nespresso by De'Longhi Expert Original Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, Anthracite Grey
Nespresso Lattissima Plus Original Espresso Machine with Milk Frother by De'Longhi, Red
|Sold By||Oceans Wholesale||Stelli Products||Amazon.com||TRENDY-TECH (We Record Serial Numbers)||Coffee Appliances|
|Item Dimensions||12.50 x 6.60 x 10.20 inches||12.60 x 4.70 x 9.00 inches||20.00 x 7.99 x 12.87 inches||15.00 x 8.78 x 11.30 inches||12.50 x 6.60 x 10.20 inches|
|Item Weight||9.00 lbs||5.29 lbs||8.40 lbs||9.70 lbs||9.92 lbs|
Be your own barista with the Lattissima Plus by De'Longhi. You and your guests can enjoy delicious cappuccinos and lattes anytime. It's never been easier to create authentic Italian drinks with Nespresso's Original Line coffee capsule technology and De'Longhi's patented milk container. Simply place a capsule in the top of the machine, slide the milk container onto the front, place a cup under the nozzle and press the one-touch button. The Lattissima Plus does all the work for you and with a fully stocked welcome kit, you can start making delectable drinks the minute you get home. Save energy with the auto-off timer, too Enjoy coffee for years to come with the Nespresso Lattissima Plus by De'Longhi. Body material - Plastic.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- To get your drinks at their warmest temperatures you will ALWAYS want to both pull a blank water shot (just press the espresso button without a pod in the machine but make sure you pretend to eject the pod after because a little more water will come out and you don't want that in the glass you are ready to use that might have syrup in it) AND clean the milk frother, if using milk, by holding down the black clean button for about ten seconds into either the glass you will be using (make sure you dump out the water before creating your drink!) or a different glass. I also like to prewarm the glass I will be using by filling it with water and microwaving for anywhere between one to two minutes. If I do all this I find the drink is warm enough for me without having to microwave after creating the drink (which ruins the foam in my humble opinion).
- You can play around with how much milk or espresso is made by holding down the button you are using to program the machine. If you do this the machine will remember and use that amount the next time. So, if you didn't like the result remember to set the machine back to the default setting by pressing all four buttons (lungo, espresso, latte, and cappuccino) down simultaneously for a few seconds until they stop blinking.
- Make sure to clean the milk frother by holding the clean button for about ten seconds, you'll see why after you do it. I also choose to pull a blank espresso shot as a way to clean that part.
- I recommend cleaning out both the used pod holder and the tray below it (that slides in and out to accommodate different sized glasses) as they both fill with a little water.
I've attached several photos. A default sized latte with one tablespoon of syrup, a default sized cappuccino without syrup, and two cappuccino glasses showing the volume of foam using, on the left, the low foam setting, and on the right, the highest foam setting. The volume looks almost the same, but the density of the foam in each is very different.
The whole reason for buying this particular machine is the attached, easy to use, milk dispenser which steams the milk. It's delicious! We've used all different types of non dairy and dairy milk and it all frothed beautifully. I especially LOVE that it is super easy to clean (I hand wash and it's quick and simple!) and that the container goes right into the refrigerator when you are finished using it.
One final tip. If you have playful cats DO NOT leave the small milk container parts out to dry on your kitchen counter. My clear milk tube went missing one day and I had to clean the entire house before I finally found it "buried" under the corner of my living room rug! Now I dry the small parts in the kitchen cupboard.
April 2017 Update: We still love this machine! We've now had to descale and the process was relatively quick and simple. The part you need for descaling is conveniently located in the compartment right under where the milk container goes. It simply attaches to the machine like the milk container does. Videos are available online - I watched one first and it helped a lot. Also, I had read that generic descalers (much less expensive) would work so used Goo Gone Coffee Maker Cleaner and it worked perfectly.
Does it make perfect espresso, lattes, cappuccino? Yes so why the not a 5/5 star rating? Aside from what most reviews will tell you there are only 3 to 4 flaws with the machine.
1. The one/off button. If pressed at an angle it tends to shift in its place. It has to be pressed directly up and down. I fear continued angled presses may cause wearing and tear and eventually break.
2. The clean button on the milk frother. When pressed for cleaning back-to-back (2 cleaning cycles) it sometimes does not register the 2nd cycle.
You also have to hold it down firmly for the entirety of the milk cleaning cycle.
3. The collection tray tends to catch not only the used pods, but also hot coffee. Not sure why used hot coffee is getting pooled into the collection tray.
4. The biggest flaw is the small water container. I am having to refill the water tray after every two coffee cycles.
A cycle includes:
2 water (presses): once to heat up the mug and once to clean afterwards,
2 milk frother (presses): once to heat the mug and once to clean the frother afterwards,
And 1 actual coffee making(press)
Other than these small annoyances the machine runs and makes amazing coffee flawlessly. Have not had a single bad coffee tasting experience after a month of daily use.
I will update this review if need. If you found this review helpful please consider upvoting the review (helpful button).
Nespresso support asked where I got it from - and when I said Amazon - they asked me to call Amazon support!!!
Not sure that Amazon is going to fix my Nespresso.
Going to continue to try working with Nespresso - but please be aware that I found two issues here:
1. DeLonghi not wanting to support this - after all it's their brand on the machine
2. Nespresso defering to an online retailer.
On the off chance that I reached someone who gave me incorrect information - I called the Nespresso support line again. Got someone else who told me that they can absolutely support a machine purchased on Amazon.
Waiting to see if the replacement part they send fixes the issue.
-The machine is very compact, narrow and easily fits under cabinets.
-Despite its diminutive size this thing is quite heavy. Much more so than my Keurig 2.0 special edition (even with the water).
-You will probably wake people up in the next room when the machine is brewing as it’s not quiet. Noise is comparable to a blender.
-It is recommended that you clean the milk apparatus every two days when it’s filled. It disassembles easily and cleaning isn’t a big deal. I recommend putting all the little parts in the container with hot water and soap and shaking vigorously, allowing it to drain though the holes.
-The warm-up time puts the Keurig to shame. Seriously, it’s ready to go in about 30 seconds (~45 with milk).
-When you do use steamed milk you have to use the cleansing feature to flush out the wand with steam. This is accomplished by placing a mug under the wand and holding the button down next to the foam dial until it stops spewing steam and a bit of water (~20 seconds).
Overall I highly recommend picking up one of these as it makes excellent beverages (I’ve learned to enjoy lattes thanks to this).