|Item Weight||13.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6.5 x 4.9 x 2.3 inches|
|Item model number||A0063|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Screwdriver, screws|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Nest Thermostat E
Order it now.
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Removal of existing thermostat
- Installation of 1 new thermostat
- Testing new thermostat for proper function
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Google Home works with Nest. Feeling chilly? Just say, “Ok Google, set my temperature to 72 degrees."
- With proven energysaving features, it can help you save from day one.
- Use the Nest app to change the temperature from anywhere – the beach, the office or your bed.
- The frosted display blends into the background.
- Turns itself down after you leave to save energy.
- Start with a simple schedule, then adjust it whenever you like.
- Check your Energy History in the Nest app to see how much energy you use and why.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
Saving energy starts with your thermostat
Your thermostat controls half your energy bill – more than appliances, more than electronics. So shouldn’t it help you save energy? Independent studies showed that Nest saved people an average of 10% to 12% on heating and 15% on cooling. Based on typical energy costs, we’ve estimated average savings a year. That means the Nest Thermostat E can pay for itself in under two years. Individual savings are not guaranteed.
Nest Thermostat E
It’s easy to save energy.
Its frosted display blends into the background. Its energy-saving features can help you save from day one. And with the Nest app, you can change the temperature from anywhere – the beach, the office or your bed.
Proven energy-saving features
Like the Nest Learning Thermostat, the Nest Thermostat E can help you save from day one.
Control it from your phone, tablet or smartwatch
Change the temperature with the Nest app from anywhere – the beach, the office or your bed.
The frosted display blends into the background
The frosted display shows you the temperature when you’re close, and fades into the background when you walk away.
* Independent studies showed that Nest saved people an average of 10% to 12% on heating and 15% on cooling. Based on typical energy costs, we’ve estimated average savings of a year. Individual savings are not guaranteed.
Fast set-up & installation
It’s easy to install the Nest Thermostat E. If you ever need help, you can call a Nest Pro.
Go to nest/works to see if it’s compatible with your system.
- Heating and cooling: 1 stage of heating (W1) and cooling (Y1) and a second stage or either heating (W2) or cooling (Y2)
- Heat pump: with auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX)
- Fan (G)
- Power (C, RH, RC)
- Wi-Fi connection with internet access
- Phone or tablet with iOS 8 or later, or Android 4 or later
- Free Nest app
- Frosted display, 320 x 320 resolution at 182 pixels per inch, 1.76 in (4.5 cm) diameter
- Ceramic-feel ring
- Sensors: Temperature, humidity, proximity/occupancy, ambient light
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Languages: English (US,UK), Dutch, French (Canada, France), Italian, Spanish (North America, Spain)
Compare to similar items
This item Nest Thermostat E
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Wholesale Savings||RMC Selutions||HotSeller878||RMC Selutions||Amazon.com|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Item Dimensions||4.88 x 6.46 x 2.32 in||1.2 x 3.3 x 3.3 in||1 x 4.05 x 4.05 in||6.5 x 6.5 x 3.25 in||1 x 4 x 4 in||5.62 x 3.4 x 1.17 in|
Meet the Nest Thermostat E. Its simple design and new frosted display blend into the background. With proven energy-saving features, the Nest Thermostat E can help you save from day one. And you can change the temperature from anywhere – the beach, the office or your bed.
Top customer reviews
Check your local energy companies for rebates, Centerpoint in MN is offering $50 rebates right now for WiFi connected thermostats.
However, seeing and touching it in person wiped that concern away. The plastic has a ceramic like coating that makes this feel very nice. The look is a bit space age meets modern, in my opinion. It blends in; I can’t wait to see it once our walls are painted a soft gray (soon).
In case you are wondering (I was, based on pictures) the Nest logo doesn’t jut out from the front of the display. It’s sort of etched into the glass. I attached a picture, hopefully it helps.
Setup and installation is a breeze. I expect this Nest will serve us well in continuing to save money on heating and cooling. My 1st gen has paid for itself several times over.
As I said, I’ve been a fan of Nest for awhile, I have two Nest Cams and a Nest Protect. I love the look of this installed, it feels nice. It has basically the same functions of the higher priced Nest, it works with Alexa and the Nest app has always been simple and useful, very unlike the Ecobee.
In summary, if you’d like to potentially save money on heating and cooling, Nest is the original and frankly, still the best in my opinion. If you’re a long time user of Nest and thinking of upgrading, I think you’ll like this. I certainly do.
This has all the features of the more expensive model, with the exception of the fact that it doesn't give you the time, outdoor temperature or weather forecast. For me, those are not critical things I need for my thermostat to do.
I like the simple look of the E versus the original. Make sure you know what you are getting. Look at photos of the old and the new to make sure you like it. I did. I think most will, but some may not. Interesting thing is that the cover is opaque until you get close to it, then it displays the temperature. Kind of a neat feature.
Like the original, you can have the Nest E learn your preferences. For me during the summer that means turning the temp up at night around 11pm and down in the morning around 7am. I've only had it 1 day so I can't verify that it will actually learn my preferences, but it's the same sensor and mechanism as the original, and every review I've seen says it works. No reason to think the Nest E won't work just as well. I can also program from the Nest ap on my phone.
At the reduced price now it made sense for me to pull the trigger, and it will probably makes sense for others who have been holding off.
This is "Smart" WiFi enable thermostat and works with an App. Personally I like the look of this unit more than the $250 unit.
Please check Compatibility with your Heating/Cooling unit on the manufacturers website as the more expensive NEST thermostat version works with more systems than Thermostat E. This should not be an issue for most homeowners.
Please remember to check with your local utilities as this unit may be eligible for a rebate. Often as much as $100 per unit.
Yes, upgrading from an old dumb thermostat to this unit will indeed save you money and reduce your heating/cooling bill !
It doesn't have all the same functions, but has all the functions we need. The circumference is slightly smaller than the original nest, but feels surprisingly sleek for plastic. The only complaint I have is that the screen is slightly frosted, which lowers the contrast, making the text less clear.
Installation was quick and easy. As long as you know which breaker to turn off and you don't need any painting/patching, it shouldn't take you more than 20 mins.
Make sure you check the compatibility before purchasing as it's not as widely compatible as the learning thermostat. Aside from that, you shouldn't need a professional!
Overall, it easy to install and sync to the app. Looking forward to the savings. Would definitely recommend this!
Thanks for your feedback about the frosted display. The Nest Thermostat E does have a softer look, so it just blends into the background. We made a video about the design decisions behind the Nest Thermostat E, which is available here: https://youtu.be/BSkHhk7-oOc
If you do prefer a crisper, sharper display, the Nest Learning Thermostat is the way to go: Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation, Stainless Steel, Works with Amazon Alexa
And as you mentioned, regardless of which Nest thermostat you go with, make sure you check compatibility before purchase: https://nest.com/works
Most recent customer reviews