Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nest Security Camera, Keep An Eye On What Matters ..." and save 39% off the $199.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Nest Security Camera, Keep An Eye On What Matters to You, From Anywhere, For Indoor Use, Works with Alexa
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- DON'T MISS A THING WITH NEST ALERTS: Whether the kids just came home from school or the dog has decided to eat those new pillows you just bought; the Nest Cam sees it all! Get alerts through your Nest App whenever the camera detects movement and activity. And the coolest part is that the Nest Cam can tell the difference between movement from say a hand getting into a cookie jar, and a person entering a room. Person Alerts and Activity Alerts can help keep your home safe even if you aren't there.
- BE HEARD WITH NEST: Nest Cam Indoor has a built-in speaker and mic, so you can hear what’s happening at home. Or tell the dog to get off the couch.
- SET IT UP ANYWHERE: The compact size of the Nest Cam makes installation a breeze. Nest Cam Indoor’s stand works in all kinds of homes, on all types of surfaces. Set it down on something flat, like a table or shelf. The Nest Cam has a built-in magnet so you can stick it to something metallic. Use the removable wall plate to attach Nest Cam to a wall. Or you can unscrew the camera from the base and attach it to any standard tripod mount.
- WORKS WITH NEST: Nest has worked hard to design thoughtful devices to help keep you safe and secure. Nest devices not only communicate with each other but also with the other smart devices around your home. Your Nest Secure can use your smart light bulbs to help get your attention in the event of an emergency; your smart washer and dryer can take the data from Nest and run the next load of laundry when energy demand is low. Look for the Works with Nest badge and let Nest handle the rest.
- THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE A NEST HOME: We love home. It’s the best place in the world. But not everything inside our homes is lovable. Some things beep at us; fail without warning; keep us in the dark. There are things we’ve learned to ignore. We think these things should do more. Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That’s how we’re creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it.
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Add Alexa for voice control
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Is everything ok at home? You’re not always around to see what’s going on. With Nest Cam Indoor, you can check in — even when you’re out. 24/7 live streaming. No dead batteries. And a versatile magnetic stand that lets you put it anywhere.
Don’t want to miss a thing? With Nest Aware, you can get a special alert if Nest Cam sees a person and save 10 or 30 days of continuous video history in the cloud. Then speed through it in seconds and quickly find the moment you’re looking for in Sightline.
See every detail 24/7.
Look after home 24/7 in crisp 1080p HD, day and night.
With Nest Aware: Add 24/7 continuous recording for 10 or 30 days.
Alerts on your phone.
See who’s there, listen in and speak up to get their attention.
With Nest Aware: Get person alerts. And know when someone’s actually there.
See what you missed.
Review photos of activity from the last three hours in Sightline for free.
With Nest Aware: Speed through days of video in seconds. And quickly find key moments.
|The Nest way||The wrong way|
|24/7 live streaming so you can check in anytime.||Limited streaming that relies on battery power.|
|24/7 continuous recording with Nest Aware subscription. So you save everything, just in case.||Records event snippets. But if it misses something, you will, too.|
|Person alerts with Nest Aware subscription, so you know if there’s actually someone there.||Some cameras can only tell if there’s motion, so you don’t know the difference between a person and a tree swaying.|
|Two-way audio. Hear what’s happening and let a stranger know you’re paying attention.||No audio, so you can’t listen in or talk to get someone’s attention.|
|Cloud storage. Nest Cam safely and securely stores your video history in the cloud, so you can access it anytime.||Local storage. If a camera stores video on a memory card and it’s stolen, there’s no way to go back and see what happened.|
|Crisp 1080p video. Nest Cam’s high-quality glass lens, image sensor and 8x digital zoom let you see every detail in full HD.||Low-quality video. Other cameras might have HD, but their sensors and plastic lenses give you a lower image quality.|
Like all connected home devices, Nest Cam can only work when your Wi-Fi is working. At a minimum, you need a working broadband internet connection with at least 2 Mbps upload speed (DSL may not qualify).
Requires a web browser or a compatible phone or tablet with the free Nest app and Bluetooth 4.0. Some phones, tablets and networks do not support 1080p.
What’s in the box
- Nest Cam Indoor security camera
- USB cable
- Power adapter
- Wall-mounting plate
- Nest screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Welcome Guide
Compare with similar items
Home security has never looked so good. The Nest Cam Indoor is the perfect addition to any home. The Nest Cam Indoor is beautifully designed and it plugs into power, so you never have to worry about dead batteries. With motion and activity alerts, the Nest Cam helps you stay informed about what's happening even if you aren't home. You'll get a notification when the kids come back from school, when the dog decides to eat those new pillows you bought, or when someone enters your home who shouldn't. Nest Cam Indoor also features a built-in speaker and microphone allowing you to listen in and speak to whoever is there. Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That’s how we’re creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I purchased a 3-pack of licenses to go with the three cameras. Unfortunately, Nest only associated two of the licenses with two of my cameras, leaving the third camera without a storage ability, despite paying for it. The third license, according to my account, will be applied to my next camera purchase, essentially rendering one of my three cameras useless. I have no plans to buy another camera. Clearly a bug in their system caused one of my cameras and licenses not to be matched. I contacted Nest support and they would not associate the unmatched license and camera. They told me they may re-review the case once the camera storage trial storage period expired. Despite buying three cameras and three licenses, I have one camera which i useless one license which Nest are trying to get me to buy a fourth camera to use it. Worse, for a business in the security business, they will only review this case once my home is unsecure.
Up to this point I've loved Nest's smoke alarm product. I have five of them and they have served me well. But I'd warn people away from the nest security cams until Nest have fixed the bugs and improved the level of their support, which is close to non-existant. I'm very disappointed with this product.
Until the service is brought in line with competitors pricing (like Ring, which is $99/yr for unlimited devices), Nest cameras should be avoided. Not sure what they're trying to pull here, but as a longtime Nest customer this is my first return and I am profoundly disappointed in the company for the awful and greedy contract. We bought them sight unseen just on the basis of the house full of Nest equipment we have had nothing bus positive experiences with, but the service makes these untenable. We will be seriously rethinking whether or not to continue buying Nest products after this.
Bad show Nest. Get it together. As a longtime customer, I am returning these, and will be seriously rethinking whether or not to continue to support you as a business after this poor performance. Assuming these last three years (which I would consider bare minimum), these will cost *twice as much to run as they do to purchase* even in that *short* timeframe. That's outrageous. Especially when you consider the total lack of quantity discount for multiple devices.
Honestly, I was outraged, and felt completely ripped off. I strong encourage others to avoid then.
In all other ways, these seem to be excellent product, so if Nest actually started selling these with a competitive contract and brought their pricing inline with any of the other top-end providers in the market, I would consider changing this review.