Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nest Security Camera, Keep An Eye On What Matters ..." and save 29% off the $199.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Security Systems Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Nest Security Camera, Keep An Eye On What Matters to You, From Anywhere, For Indoor Use
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- DON'T MISS A THING WITH NEST ALERTS: Whether the kids just came home from school or the dog has decided to eat those new pillows you just bought; the Nest Cam sees it all! Get alerts through your Nest App whenever the camera detects movement and activity. And the coolest part is that the Nest Cam can tell the difference between movement from say a hand getting into a cookie jar, and a person entering a room. Person Alerts and Activity Alerts can help keep your home safe even if you aren't there.
- BE HEARD WITH NEST: Nest Cam Indoor has a built-in speaker and mic, so you can hear what’s happening at home. Or tell the dog to get off the couch.
- SET IT UP ANYWHERE: The compact size of the Nest Cam makes installation a breeze. Nest Cam Indoor’s stand works in all kinds of homes, on all types of surfaces. Set it down on something flat, like a table or shelf. The Nest Cam has a built-in magnet so you can stick it to something metallic. Use the removable wall plate to attach Nest Cam to a wall. Or you can unscrew the camera from the base and attach it to any standard tripod mount.
- WORKS WITH NEST: Nest has worked hard to design thoughtful devices to help keep you safe and secure. Nest devices not only communicate with each other but also with the other smart devices around your home. Your Nest Secure can use your smart light bulbs to help get your attention in the event of an emergency; your smart washer and dryer can take the data from Nest and run the next load of laundry when energy demand is low. Look for the Works with Nest badge and let Nest handle the rest.
- THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE A NEST HOME: We love home. It’s the best place in the world. But not everything inside our homes is lovable. Some things beep at us; fail without warning; keep us in the dark. There are things we’ve learned to ignore. We think these things should do more. Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That’s how we’re creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Add Alexa for voice control
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Security, rain or shine.
Weatherproof. Beautiful. Simple to install yourself. And ready to go wherever you want to see. Install Nest Cam Outdoor over the front door to watch who comes and goes. Mount it outside the garage to keep an eye on the driveway. Or even stick it to a steel rain gutter using the unique magnetic mount.
Don't want to miss a thing? With Nest Aware, you can get a special alert if Nest Cam sees a person and save 10 or 30 days of continuous video history in the cloud. Then speed through it in seconds and quickly find the moment you're looking for in Sightline.
See every detail 24/7.
Look after home 24/7 in crisp 1080p HD, day and night.
With Nest Aware: Add 24/7 continuous recording for 10 or 30 days.
Alerts on your phone.
See who's there, listen in and speak up to get their attention.
With Nest Aware: Get person alerts. And know when someone's actually there.
See what you missed.
Review photos of activity from the last three hours in Sightline for free.
With Nest Aware: Speed through days of video in seconds. And quickly find key moments.
The Nest way
|24/7 live streaming so you can check in anytime.|
|24/7 continuous recording with Nest Aware subscription. So you save everything, just in case.|
|Person alerts with Nest Aware subscription, so you know if there's actually someone there.|
|Two-way audio. Hear what's happening and let a stranger know you're paying attention.|
|Cloud storage. Nest Cam safely and securely stores your video history in the cloud, so you can access it anytime.|
|Crisp 1080p video. Nest Cam's high-quality glass lens, image sensor and 8x digital zoom let you see every detail in full HD.|
Like all connected home devices, Nest Cam can only work when your Wi-Fi is working. At a minimum, you need a working broadband internet connection with at least 2 Mbps upload speed (DSL may not qualify).
Requires a web browser or a compatible phone or tablet with the free Nest app and Bluetooth 4.0. Some phones, tablets and networks do not support 1080p.
What's in the box
- Nest Cam Outdoor security camera
- Mounting magnet
- Camera wall plate
- Power adapter
- Adapter wall plate
- Nest screws
- Wall anchors
- Cable clips
- Installation Guide
- Welcome Guide
Compare with similar items
Home security has never looked so good. The Nest Cam Indoor is the perfect addition to any home. The Nest Cam Indoor is beautifully designed and it plugs into power, so you never have to worry about dead batteries. With motion and activity alerts, the Nest Cam helps you stay informed about what's happening even if you aren't home. You'll get a notification when the kids come back from school, when the dog decides to eat those new pillows you bought, or when someone enters your home who shouldn't. Nest Cam Indoor also features a built-in speaker and microphone allowing you to listen in and speak to whoever is there. Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That’s how we’re creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) 10 day - $100 per year per camera with a $50 discount for each additional camera
So for me - that would be $300 / year - to store 10 days of history for 5 of my cameras. That I already spent $1000 on.
OR - They also have:
2) 30 day - $300 per year / camera with a discount 50% discount per camera ($150 per year)
This is ridiculous for home consumers who want simple home security. I used this for home security, if nothing happens on that day - it can be overwritten the next day for all I care. Nest - please make a subscription option for home security for owners to choose how much storage they want or offer and entry level package to store 1 or 2 days storage at a reasonable price.
I found out that if you contact Nest and make this suggestion - they will provide your feedback and report it to the Sale organization for consideration. I lived chat with a Nest rep yesterday and that is what he told me.
Without Nest Aware.
You only get live feed with video.
You get (Some) snapshots of alerts. You can only look at the previous 3 hours.
No Zone alerts. (This means you're probably going to get a lot of annoying alerts that don't matter to you, or you can basically not get any alerts)
Since you only have picture snapshots, a lot of alerts won't even have anything in the picture because the motion detected it too late. It also makes it hard to tell what the EVENT is sometimes.
Easy Solution to make this $200 hardware usable...
1) Allow zone alerts.
2) Instead of photo snapshots, make 5-10 second video (that starts just before the motion activation was triggered).
3) Keep more than 3 hrs. I think 24 hrs is the least you should do.
Do a 5 day feed for $50/year...
Nest has now introduced other pricing options for the Nest Aware recording service. The 5 day plan is $5 monthly for the first camera, and $3 for each additional camera. They also offer annual pricing. We switched to the 5 day, and feel it is a much better value.
We’ve had the cameras installed for a year and a half now, and they’re still going strong. Other than occasional blips of WiFi connectivity, we’re had no issues with the cameras at all. Recommend them to everyone. We’re also picking up the new Nest Hello doorbell camera.
I figured I'd give a quick update now that I've had the cameras for about a year and they've been through summer and winter. I've been very pleased with the cameras - in fact, we added more and are now up to 5 of them installed on our property. The video quality has been exceptional - both day and night - even in below freezing and 100+ degree temperatures. We've had occasional situations where a camera has gone offline, but I attribute that to a flaky WiFi signal and not necessarily the camera.
Regarding the Nest video recording service, we pay the monthly fee for all of our cameras. The cameras are a key part of our home security, and I view the cost of recording as no different than paying for a security monitoring service. I guess it really depends on what you intend to use the cameras for, but for me it is worth it to be able to review past events and set up custom activity zones and notifications. I agree that it would be nice if Nest would offer additional options regarding length of storage (currently limited to 10-day or 30-day options). I seldom need to review anything other than same or prior day.
I'm a longtime user of Dropcam and Nest products having owned several indoor cameras, 2 different generations of thermostats, and smoke detectors. I've been waiting for years for Nest to announce an outdoor camera, and eagerly snapped up several of them when they were announced. I just got around to installing the first yesterday, above my front door.
The camera itself is very solid and seems durable for the outdoors. The attached cable is about 10 feet long and ends in a USB male connector which attaches to a female USB port on a second length of cord - amounting to 25 feet of cord total. The box also includes all the clips, wall anchors, screws you'll need for most installations.
In the simplest of installations, you'd mount your camera in the desired location and then run the cord to an outdoor power outlet, securing the cord along the way with the included clips. In other instances, a hole might be drilled through the exterior wall or into attic space (7/8" is required to pass the connector through) and the cord connected to a power source inside, thereby hiding most or all of it.
In my situation, our home was built with cat5e wiring to various exterior points specifically for connecting security cameras. I wanted to use this wiring so I was able to use a power over ethernet (POE) splitter and injector (bought on Amazon) to run power to the camera and then connected the splitter to the camera's power cable using a USB adapter. It worked flawlessly. Including a link to the adapter. WS-POE-USB-Kit for iPad or Tablet, Remote USB Charger Via PoE Ethernet Cable up To 328 Feet With 5 Volts 10 Watts and Female USB
My biggest gripe about my installation is the length of cable that I needed to conceal. Because the cable is permanently attached to the camera itself (which isn't inherently a bad thing, and probably has to do with waterproofing), installations like mine which don't require the cable to span a long distance to connect to power end up with a long mess of extra cord.
I ended up buying a weatherproof electrical box at the local home improvement store, mounting it near the camera, and tucking the cables inside (see picture). It looks clean, but it would have been nice to not have to take that extra step. I'll probably paint the box eventually to better match the brick color. For my other installs I plan to route the cable through attic space which will fully conceal it. It would be nice if Nest offered a shorter or alternative cord option, but I made it work.
Aside from the physical installation, Nest makes it simple to connect and configure the camera to your home wifi. Download the Nest app, select the option to add a new device, and scan the QR code on the camera. The only remaining step is to enter your wifi password, and everything connects automatically. Using the app you can view your camera's live feed, view past motion events (still images if you don't subscribe to the Nest Aware service to record your video), configure settings like night vision, sound, etc., as well as turn the camera off and on (if you ever need to).
Overall, I'm very happy with the camera. The image quality is great - full 1080p HD. I appreciate the option to receive motion and/or sound alerts, which I can customize with zones to minimize "false alarms" from passing cars, etc. There is also a built in speaker and microphone, so you can talk through the camera to "visitors" - invited or otherwise.
I've tried other camera options - ones with a DVR, Arlo (feared the batteries dying and hated the motion activated recording). Nest wins hands down!
Most recent customer reviews
ever think of ways to make installation easier especially when trying...Read more