Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Netgear HDXB111 Powerline HD Plus Ethernet Adapter..." and save 73% off the $159.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Netgear HDXB111 Powerline HD Plus Ethernet Adapter Kit
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kit includes two adapters that uses existing electrical wiring to create a network connection
- Pass-thru female power plug provides noise-filtered outlet
- Delivers up to 200 Mbps throughput for high-bandwidth applications
- 128-bit encryption for extra security
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Turn any electrical outlet into an HD-streaming Ethernet connection ideal for IPTV and video streaming applications. NETGEAR¿s Powerline HD Ethernet Adapter (HDX111) is an ideal solution for connecting PC¿s, DVR¿s, set-top boxes, and game consoles to the home network. Simply plug one HDX111 into an AC outlet near your modem, gateway, or router and the other HDX111 near the device you wish to network and instantly you can have HD streaming throughout your home. Nothing could be easier than using NETGEAR¿s plug-and-play adapters and your existing electrical wiring. Latest DS2 chipsets, hardware IGMP and security, and built-in Quality of Service (QoS) ensure fast, high-quality, consistent performance.
Amazon.com Product Description The NETGEAR HDXB111 Powerline HD Plus Ethernet Adapter Kit turns any electrical power outlet in your house into a network connection. And with its unique pass-thru design, it will allow you to plug another household appliance into the same outlet. If you're looking for a fast, easy way to provide Ethernet connectivity to the farthest reaches of your home without sacrificing the use of your electrical outlets, then this adapter kit is the perfect solution.
The Powerline HD Ethernet Adapter Kit includes everything you need to extend a network connection anywhere in your home. Just plug one of the included adapters into your router and a nearby electrical socket, then plug the second adapter into any electrical socket that is located near the device you want to network. Connect your device into the second adapter and it will be connected to your network.
It's as simple as that. There's no software to install, no passwords to remember, and no configuration whatsoever. You can easily create more connections by simply purchasing additional HDXB111 kits. You can also create more connections with the HDX101 Powerline HD Ethernet Adapter and HDXB101 Powerline HD Ethernet Adapter Kits.
Ultra-Fast Performance Can Stream HD Video
This compact, easy-to-deploy adapter delivers up to 200 Mbps to any outlet and has built-in Quality of Service (QoS). This makes it ideal for high-bandwidth applications such as HD video streaming, music streaming, online gaming, and VoIP telephone calls.
With the latest DS2 chipset for consistent, fast performance, the HDXB111 is the ideal way to network game consoles and digital media players, such as NETGEAR's EVA8000, TiVos, Slingbox, networked televisions, and more.
Smart Design Doesn't Use Up an Outlet
The HDXB111 Powerline HD Plus adapters feature a pass-thru female power plug that provides a noise-filtered power outlet, and can be used to plug in electrical products up to 15 amps.
Push-Button Security for Extra Safety
Unlike wireless connections, a Powerline network connection is secure. The Powerline HDXB111 supports 128-bit AES encryption. Setting up a secure connection with the Powerline is as simple as pushing a button.
And for the ultimate in convenience, the HDXB111 also features three LEDs that give information on Power, Network Status, and Ethernet connections. It is backed by a one-year warranty.
What's in the Box
Two NETGEAR HDXB111 Powerline HD Plus Ethernet Adapters, Ethernet cable, installation guide, setup CD, warranty card, and support and information card.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now for the caveat - if you're getting this, make sure that both outlets are connected to the same power subpanel in your building. I own a hotel and originally bought these to extend the range of our wireless network - I wanted to add another wireless access point at the other outlet. However, since each of my guest rooms has a separate breaker panel, this will not work between guest rooms in my hotel. At my house - I live in a high rise - this works fine from one end of the house to the other... and works very well. But I tested this between a neighbor's condo and my condo, and since they're on separate circuit breaker panels, it wouldn't work between the two units.
So, long story short: works great in a house, or large apartment, or anywhere that both outlets are under the same circuit breaker panel....
- Ubiquitous. I don't even know I'm using them. My Bit Torrent rates are exactly the same as when I had my computer directly connected to the router. I'm also streaming video and audio from the garage to the living room. I might have had a couple of disconnects (video streams suddenly stop, etc.), but I would start the video right back up again and it would resume right where it left off. If this were wireless, I would have to either wait an extremely long time for it to connect again, maybe reset the wireless device, reset the computer, hop on one foot, etc. But these Powerline device reconnect quickly for those very few occasions that it does disconnect. VERY stable!
- The pass-thru is great and saves a plug. It's also recommended to use the pass-thru in order to minimize interference.
- Setting up the encryption was pretty easy and required NO software whatsoever. Considering I'm not using Windows, that was a major plus in my book.
- Expensive. Even the older Powerline network adapters that just go 14mbit/sec are still pretty expensive for what they do. Routers, switches, cable modems, etc., have all gone down in price except for these devices. However, they certainly are more stable and work a lot better than the wireless devices I have used in the past.
- Setting up encryption is a little tricky. You have to press the security button on one and run over to the other one to press the other one within 30 seconds. It took me a couple of tries, but once it's set, you never have to worry about it again.
Bottom Line: These are perfect for connecting desktops, media servers, etc. Don't even bother using wireless for streaming video or audio, you'll just tear your hair out like me. They're not cheap, but definitely worth it!
Dec. 28, 2008
I would lower the rating to 1 star if I could. I was a bit hasty in reviewing this item. I eventually had to return it. The powerline devices started acting up after a week or so. The speeds got even lower and they completely locked up a few times. I had to remove them from the power plugs just to get them to work again. This started to happen on a regular basis, so I just got fed up and returned them.
I guess it must just be other electrical interference entering the lines from time to time, so it is what it is. They do get hot, and aside from the lower throughput than I'd hoped I feel concerned for how long they will last getting that hot on a regular basis.
I wouldn't say not to buy this product, but it is not all that I had hoped & dreamed it would be. I haven't had to wire the area with Ethernet yet, and I don't have any "total lockups" that prevent data from flowing, but I wish the performance expectations were a little more realistic given the other similar reviews I see here.
I have one of these neat adapters plugged into the wall near my computer (connected through the broadband router); then the other adapter is plugged into a wall near and connected to the blu-ray player. Wow! The adapters "talk" to each other and I can instantly stream movies to my TV from Netflix. Issue solved!