Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 65 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on October 11, 2016
Perfect for extroverted introverts like me. I go to a room full of people and I start hyperventilating. It was so bad during a family event that I stayed for an hour and left (this was for a birthday party for crying out loud.) I've used her suggestions, and they work! I suggest that extroverted extroverts read it as well.
on January 26, 2016
I did like this book. There are some passages in the book where the author gives examples of behavior that seems abhorrent and/or illogical to an extrovert and an introvert that I thought those were supremely enlightening. I wish everybody in the world read those parts, because it would help people learn how to understand the point of view of the other.
on November 29, 2014
Excellent read.
on January 15, 2011
This book was written for me. It described me to a "T". But as I tried to put things into practice, I realized that unless those around me also read the book, it wasn't really going to work. I kept telling people that perhaps I was an introvert and they just laughed at me. I was so glad that someone else in the world recognized my issues and could put them into words. I will read it again when I need re-assurance that I am not the crazy one - everyone else is.
on May 27, 2011
This book opened my eyes to a whole new paradigm for networking. Now I focus on quality, not quantity, and I love networking. Although I am not shy, I am very introverted. This book showed me all the introverted traits that I have (like thinking to talk to the point where I think certain conversations happened when they didn't). It also showed me that I am not a freak for despising small talk and showed me how to use my desire for deep, intellectual conversations to my advantage. I now know that I shouldn't feel guilty or incompetent for sneaking off to my hotel room during a networking event for a few hours of alone time. That time is necessary in order for introverts to be at their best. Plus, introverts have so many enviable traits such as the ability to listen, retain information, and follow up in a meaningful way. Extroverts have to work at those traits, making real meaningful networking more difficult despite all the business cards they collect. I'd recommend this book to anyone, introvert or extrovert, who wants to network more productively.
on October 6, 2015
Good read if your not the best at "networking" gives you tips and explains why some people are networkers and some are not. It helped get rid of the anxiety of networking!
on October 13, 2013
The book brought theory and practice together in an engaging presentation of the differences between extroverts and introverts. It is a quick read that arms you with specific steps to maximize your networking experience. I recommend it for everyone because we need to be networking whether in transition or between transitions.
on October 2, 2014
Excellent book, in my opinion very helpful. I think it gives you all the tips you need to know to deal with and understand better your personality and others.
on November 18, 2010
As someone who leans toward introversion, it has been my habit to avoid networking events like the plague. Devora Zack's book has shown me that events many of us have found uncomfortable or intimidating are not the problem, it is the way we approach the event. If we try to copy our extroverted friends and colleagues, we will fail. But if we build on our own considerable assets and take care of ourselves in the process, we will succeed - brilliantly. Thanks for this important reminder and guide!
on September 8, 2010
Wow, this book hits the nail on the head! We don't all march to the same drummer and it's helpful to become aware of how different individuals respond to similar situations. It's a valuable read for all personality types, told with expertise, humor, real life examples, and practical exercises. The penguin illustrations are a charming touch for how 'not to be left out in the cold!'