- File Size: 1140 KB
- Print Length: 292 pages
- Publisher: Ace; Reprint edition (July 1, 2000)
- Publication Date: July 1, 2000
- Sold by: Penguin Group (USA) LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000O76ON6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,170 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price set by seller.
Neuromancer (Ace Science Fiction) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 292 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $9.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I only wish I could have read it when it was originally published.
I think his story isn't "EPIC" by all means. Its scope is decidedly small. There are no hulking, destructive forces knocking down buildings, no gigantic battlefield that momentously decides the fate of some race or another. When a conflict presents itself, it's usually subversive in nature and play themselves out in individual, ground level. Gibson's Neuromancer was definitely quality over quantity for me in that, the little substance he offers all play a role in fleshing out his high-definition world. Even the details and quips that seem irrelevant all serve to give the book a direction. A direction that's very interesting the whole way through because it seems to thrive in a vacuum.
I found Case to be a great character, its nice to read a novel where the main character isn't the model of a perfect moral citizen. And I found the story fantastic, from the main plot thread to the 'make the reader want more' romance between Case and Molly. Really this book should be read by anyone looking to be well read in sci fi, cyberpunk, fantasy, or classic great novels in general. Really I think anyone just looking for a good read needs to read this.
Read carefully, making note of each unfamiliar word or turn of phrase, or read quickly, glazing over what's unclear. Either way, the reading grows consistently smoother as the novel progresses.
It's a simple story, but enjoyable and engaging after the initial sludginess.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Technothrillers
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction