Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on August 11, 2006
I am a business coach and I read about 50 books a year (wish it were more). Most everything that can be said about sales & marketing has been said but sometimes there's a bit of new information and sometimes the information is packaged in a new and better way.

I think Neuro-marketing qualifies on both counts. First, it's an easy read. Large print, clear organization, amusing simple cartoon graphics. You can flash through this book's 200 pages in no time.

The book's new information is the study of the old brain. I don't want to tell you what the books going to tell you. I just want to tell you enough so you may know whether you should buy the book. There is no detailed or scientific study of the brain. Just the conclusions drawn from those studies. And those conclusions are: 1) We have an "old" brain which was developed millions of years before our "new" cognitive brain; 2) The "old" brain makes the buying decision and the new brain only rationalizes, explains or attempts to justify our decisions; and 3) There are 6 specific ways to communicate with the old brain and if you don't use them it's like trying to sell to someone who speaks a different language than you.

I also like how the book is organized. Clear short chapters. Nitpicking, but I think they could have broken chapter six into several chapters. But the organization is very helpful both in learning and then applying what one has learned.

Interestingly, and this is important if you're thinking of buying this book, this is called Neuro-marketing which implies that it's a marketing book. But it's as close to a pure sales book as you can get. (It's sometimes hard to draw a line between marketing and sales).

I tend to be reluctant to reccomend books, becasue people have different tastes and it's hard to tell if my opionion applies to me or to all. I feel very comfortable reccomending this book. It is really just one of the very best books I have ever read on sales. I would be astonished if you didn't learn a LOT of new stuff integrated with a lot of old stuff that you probably need to re-learn and re-apply.

What can I say? Buy it.
11 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 31, 2012
This write opens a new point of view on how our decitions are made and how to increase one's impact and influence. It really works and The subject is presentes straightfirward. A mustread.
on June 25, 2008
I really enjoyed this book, but the copy I purchased was poorly edited and a bit difficult to read.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 8, 2006
I had the pleasure of attending a conference where Messrs. Renvoise and Morin presented their concept of Neuromarketing. It was an entertaining and insightful presentation to say the least. The book was no less enjoyable.

The authors present in a clear and logical fashion why those few successful sales programs that are based on consultative selling work, and how we can achieve even better results for our clients and our companies by applying the science behind how we make decisions. For you sales and marketing professionals who are highly successful, you may well be an "unconscious competent"; this book will make you a conscious competent by explaining the way our decisions are really made, including our purchasing decisions.

What we learn is that it's the "old brain" that makes the decision to buy - not our new brain with all the logic. It is almost certain that all the reasons you give for purchase of a product are really justifications for the fact that you were really avoiding pain. We learn that the fastest way to the old brain is through the optic nerve - that means pictures!

We learn that six characteristics of the old brain: Self-centered, Contrast, Tangible, Beginning & End, Visual, and Emotion. In order to help our client, we need to shape our message, the picture, to maximize the message and stimulate these old brain needs.

As you would expect, this book is easy to read, compelling and gets the message across. Anyone in business and especially those involved in direct sales must read this book and put it to use.
4 people found this helpful
on July 30, 2007
I had the good fortune to meet one of the authors at a seminar he conducted. I was so impressed with the material that I've bought a number of copies just to give away. It's an excellent resource for managers and sales/marketing personnel whether experienced or not. In fact, the subject can be applied to any area of your life. The more we know about how we make decisions, the more effective we are in dealing with others (and ourselves). Plus, the book comes with a great poster to keep the concepts fresh in your mind. Even if you only come away using the six triggers, you'll be far further ahead. You'll definitely want to share what you learned with your colleagues and associates.
One person found this helpful
on November 23, 2005
I have long had my eye on what is now called "Neuromarketing" and recently read an article in Time magazine talking about how new brain imaging techniques now empower us to know more about how and why consumers make decisions. Imagine my surprise when I found this book on Amazon---literally called "Neuromarketing". As a professor of Marketing at a major educational institution, I can vouch for the fact that this book is groundbreaking in a field that can only grow in a huge way. I'm looking forward to sharing some of these techniques with students in upcoming curriculum.
on November 23, 2005
This book reveals a pretty amazing method for applying new discoveries about how the brain works when we make decisions as human beings. It's an A-Z process for creating a presentation and delivering it with maximum impact---truly makes the sales process scientific, predictable, and quite frankly---easy--whether you consider yourself a salesperson or not. Finally, a way to 'sell' and have instant results, whether you're selling to business prospects, peers, or even your kids! Great concrete ideas for grabbing attention, holding it, and closing the deal.
on December 5, 2005
This is the first book that teach how to communicate effectively in a simple, practicle and understandable way. It reveals at higher level the scheme and the road map to get to the decision maker. But it is full of practicle examples that can help you in your day to day life. After reading this book you can say you have learned more than any other courses where you spent 50 times more.
on November 28, 2005
Step by step I followed the recipe of Neuromarketing for selling to the old brain. Diagnose the pain. Differentiate my claims. Demonstrate the gains. Deliver to the old brain. Like a hotknife through butter, I went 2 for 2, making 2 of the largest sales of my 25 year career. The simple brilliance of this book is incredible!
3 people found this helpful
on November 30, 2005
I first read this book three years ago and since then attended the SalesBrain training twice. Now I understand why presenting the facts alone is not enough to drive to a decision. Learning about the SalesBrain method has been one of the most valuable investments I have made in my professional career in marketing.