Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System Puff Refills, 24 Count
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Style Name: Refill|Change

on April 6, 2016
I wish I'd thought to do a before and after picture because the difference in my skin was noticeable even after the first use.

At first I thought it wasn't going to work because it didn't feel like it was doing anything, just vibrating, and the pad didn't feel rough enough to remove dead skin cells. However, it said on the box to use for 2 mins on each area of your face, so I did just that; all in all, I ran it for a good 15 mins, in gentle circles all over paying special attention to the area between my eyes and forehead where I feel my skin is really showing my age, and also around my nose which is a little tricky because of the shape of the thing.

Anyway, after I was done I rinsed off my face and patted dry and WOW, was I surprised. My skin looked SO fresh and felt silky soft and smooth. Sure, my wrinkles are still there but they aren't the first thing I notice when I look in the mirror; my complexion looks healthy and clean. Another thing, the blackheads and dry skin I get on the side of my nose? Gone.

One thing I'd like to mention is to be careful what you use on your face afterward. First time I applied a light Neutrogena spf lotion and it burned like hell and turned my face quite red, probably because of the fragrance in it and because my pores were open. I quickly wiped it off and used Boots #7 face serum which went on with no problems with sensitivity, then I applied Cliniques Dramatically Different moisturiser.

I hope this long-ass review helps someone. Give this little gadget a try, be patient, and I'm certain you'll be pleased you did.
By the way, I bought mine from Walgreens for $24, so Amazon's price is definetly better at $18.
on August 3, 2013
This is a TREATMENT not a daily cleansing system so this product can not accurately be compared to the Clarisonic/Olay/Dove cleansing systems. This machine VIBRATES because the puffs contain crystals that can be too harsh if used with a circulating machine! The puffs contain the same microdermabrasion crystals that are used by professionals. Amazon has the best price if you are able to take advantage of their free shipping offer.

I love this microdermabrasion treatment. It sloughs off dead skin and my complexion looks so much healthier. The texture of my skin is smoother & so very soft! I use this system twice weekly but Neutrogena recommends using it up to 3x weekly MAX! I apply a hot wash cloth to my face prior to treatment to open pores. I run the puff (already applied to machine) under hot tap water before and during use so that the machine glides smoothly over my skin throughout the entire process. If you use this on a WET face there may be enough moisture in the puff. Be sure to use the FULL specified time on EACH area WITHOUT APPLYING PRESSURE! My first treatment was the most dramatic because my wrinkles were less noticeable after all of the dead skin was buffed away. I apply 100% Aloe after each treatment. I have light acne breakouts which improved but I still have to use my store brand Sulfur Mask as an overnight spot treatment on occasion so this treatment is not an "acne miracle" for HORMONAL breakouts but with continued use it will keep pores unclogged and improve the appearance of acne scars. This is something that I will use LONG TERM not just once or twice so keep this in mind & be patient.

I recommend watching the "NEUTROGENA" Microdermabrasion System tutorial on their website. It's also on You Tube. I found other You Tube reviews helpful but be careful when following the advice of others because some of them did not follow directions and ended up with red, inflamed skin after pressing down too hard. You should not be in pain after using this product so if you are, back off on the amount of pressure you apply during treatment. This machine is very easy to use and the instructions are simple. You should NOT have a problem with the puff staying on the machine so if you do exchange the product for another one or contact the manufacturer.
0Comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2013
As an estetician student I recommend this product, it completely got rid of ny black heads in one use and gave my skin a polished glow. Keep in mind this is not for under eye use because of that skin is to delicate for any type of scrub! But Great product and good price!
on October 25, 2011
Ok, Im a dude and these are great! I just got the scrubber the other day and cant wait to use it again. I could tell a difference after the first use. I will continue to use. A+
on March 2, 2013
I'm updating my review from 3/13. Originally, I wrote that the "microdermabrasion" is an aggressive exfoliation, so go easy if you have acne or mature skin. I reported redness and sensitivity, but left it to the readers to decide if it was right for them. Since then, I've tried several facial systems and realize that the Neutrogena system has nothing to offer, except possibly skin damage. If you decide to try it anyway, never scrub under your eyes. That can worsen wrinkles and sagging.

I recommend instead a gentle sonic cleansing brush. I clean nightly with a Clairisonic Mia2. It vibrates more softly than the Neutrogena, but the bristles deep clean and you choose the brush type. The Neutrogena merely scrubs the surface. The skin care products you choose are key. I use a moisture-rich, non-lathering soap. I've learned that soap lather is drying. If you don't know a high-quality brand, I use M. Asam Vino Gold Cleansing Milk, which I buy on HSN.com. I follow with a good moisturizer. I would invest in an eye serum.

Be patient. I don't know when I noticed that my skin was softer and smoother, but I'm very pleased with the results of a good skin care routine.
88 comments| 226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2012
Included are two packs of pads and the round plastic piece that snaps onto the vibrator. These pads are the same kind as the ones that originally came with the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion system.
on May 31, 2016
It does the job. My skin positively glows and is left soft and clean. My only complaint is the attachment head. They've got to make some improvements on that thing because it doesn't take long for it to stop working. The puffs will stop sticking to it after a few uses and you have to replace it sooner than you're supposed to. It doesn't help that the box of replacements come with two containers of puffs, but only one replacement head and that simply isn't enough. Believe me, I only use it as directed. Still, the thing won't last as long as I believe it's supposed to and I'm tired of buying the replacement heads as often as I have been. If Neutrogena could improve the attachment head's longevity, it would be absolutely perfect. If you don't mind possibly having to deal with the constant replacement, then this is definitely worth the buy. As far as loving your skin, it will not disappoint. It will absolutely love your skin!
review image
on January 30, 2013
I like the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System, it has help fade some of my brown spots. It makes my skin feel good.
on May 9, 2014
Okay this really works. Instantly, within the first try, my skin was made smoother, brighter, younger, more fresh looking... Especially if you use, then add a moisturizer right afterwards. Oh yeah, will knock a few years of age off your face. It did mine anyways! I am in love with it. I am addicted to it! Cheaper than going to a dermatologist! Careful using it around your sensitive spots on your face, like, be careful around your eyes and mouth, it can be a little abrasive in those areas.... and also when I use it on my throat, the vibrations make me choke a little. But i mean, this is all silly stuff. It works well.. buy it...
on September 21, 2013
I ordered this system after hearing about it from a friend. She is in her mid-40's but could probably pass for a college student so I figured what do I got to lose! This product has done a really good job in the few times I've used it. I also started using new creams; Retinol Cream (Vitamin A) - 2 oz. + FREE St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin Advanced Body Moisturizer Gift Set right around the same time (another recommendation from my friend).

So I don't know if I can pinpoint which product I owe more gratitude towards but I will say I've been using this system for two weeks, and not everyday, and apply the retinol cream each morning after bathing...and I see and feel a wonderful difference. No, my fine lines are still there but my skin is smoother and brighter than it has been in many years. And this is only from a couple weeks so I am very excited to see the results in another couple weeks from now.
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse