Customer Reviews: Never Check E-Mail In the Morning: And Other Unexpected Strategies for Making Your Work Life Work
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fall24 fall24 fall24  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon

on May 7, 2008
Ironically a book on time management and organization takes 72 pages to get to the first time management tip, "focus on tasks that are closest to the revenue line". The first chapters are wordy cliché discussions such as work life balance, develop an entrepreneur mindset...blah blah blah. I found myself skimming the paragraphs looking for any specific original material. She has endless bullet points and numbered lists that are shallow random thoughts that read like a collection of Oprah magazine articles. Even worse are the self indulgent verbose romance novel examples, including this gem from page 165 "A news writer for a national trade magazine, Claire was a five-foot-one dynamo transforming her industry. Working alone, she was a one-women wonder, churning out cutting edge stories from an office as wild as her mane of curly black hair. Claire's eyes sparkled with a sense of adventure, and her face was always on the verge of a huge, warm smile....." This dribble goes on for 3 more long paragraphs. Morgenstern undermines her credibility with these exaggerated fairy tale descriptions. She should purchase a copy of Strunk and White Elements of Style, save us the sophomoric prose and write a 50 page concise, focused time management and office organization book. A terrific alternative is 4 hour workweek by Timothy Ferris which covers many of the same points in a more compelling, concise and convincing manner.
22 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2010
As The Mental Clutter Coach I found this book to be in line with the times.

I spend many of my days with clients, helping them learn how to function in our "wired world". I often speak on how our parents could only prepare us for the world they knew, now we are trying to navigate that PLUS all the technology.

For all the critics, I say this:

You clearly weren't in need of the information you're complaining about or you're simply not ready for change. Main stream media has taught you to expect the "quick fix", unfortunately the changes necessary for improvement require more effort than that.

I feel Julie has done an excellent job trying to provide quality content to the masses in a world that folks often feel they are drowning in.

Happy Reading
on September 30, 2010
I don't know what went wrong but the shipping took FOREVER. I am so discourage now to buy from!!!!!!
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse