Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on June 16, 2017
I wasn't expecting to relate to this book as much as I did. She was hilarious and I felt like so many times while reading, I was thinking "ME too!" lol I started this book after a breakup and kinda stopped once I got into another relationship. It sat on the shelf for a bit and when that situation fizzled I picked the book back up and finished reading. It was almost like I never stopped. And I love how it ended. (SPOILER COMING UP) The fact that she was ok with being single was just the kind of ending I needed to read. I am single now and just about at the point of accepting it. There is a freedom that I now dance in. Thanks Katie !
on August 4, 2017
Fantastic!! Never stopped smiling throughout the entire READ. The author has a sense of humor that is darn near identical to mine. I see myself in pretty much every scenario an it's fantastic! Sometimes, it's just what you need for someone else to tell you about your own life and listen to their advice. I am confident that whatever is supposed to happen will happen in my life, but for now it's always a good reminder to live each day to the fullest. Enjoy where you are now, don't kill yourself thinking about the place you want to be someday; chill, all in good time. Thanks Katie!!
on July 12, 2016
Katie basically puts everything into words that I have ever thought in regards to dating. So glad to know there are others out there. And if you're not a chronically single person, this is still a great window into the lives of your single friends. A must-read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 4, 2018
This is a gift for
my sister but product was not like brand new book. Ugh.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 18, 2015
Started off getting the audiobook and as soon as I finished, I bought the book. I've now listened to it once and read it once in 2 months and the book itself is making the rounds with my friends. Most reassuring and best book to survive in this horrible dating world.
on February 18, 2014
If I could change one thing about Heaney's funny memoir, it'd be the word count – the writing could have been tighter in some places. Having said that, the book is still highly readable, insightful and honest. Recommended.
on May 4, 2014
Had I read this book ten years ago, would I be single in my mid 30s now? Probably. But it would have been validating to know that at least one other woman had similar dating experiences and expectations as me and that I'm not the only awkward weirdo out there. Katie Heaney's hilarious honesty shows that although she's not on the most typical mid-20s romantic path, it is her own and where she wants to be.
on February 11, 2017
I have to admit when I first read what this book was about I was nervous to read it. How is one not even to have a 2nd date by the time they’re 25? And who is ballsy enough to admit it? I thought I’d just be reading about some painfully socially awkward person, the kind that makes me uncomfortable with their very presence.

But Katie is funny AF. I enjoyed her brand of humor. If you like other lady memoirs (Kaling, Poehler etc) you’ll enjoy this. After a while, I almost forgot I questioned the premise in the first place.

SPOILER ALERT:

I also appreciated that she didn’t have a nice happy ending. Actually I would have loved if she had a happy ending but I like that she’s OK being single and that her publishers didn’t force her to tie everything up in a bow.
on August 27, 2014
Can't seem to get through this one. Writer is going on and on and on trying to make various references seem more adorably neurotic but I just couldn't take it. It's like the girlfriend you go out with and have a blast with for an hour or two but then every comment that pops out of her mouth the rest of the night is like nails on a chalkboard.
on July 16, 2015
Seriously, I think we might be the same person. I found myself laughing out loud many times, and recommended it to all of my other friends who can classify themselves as Bermuda Triangles. My friends who are lighthouses...they didn't get it.