Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Never Letting Go: Heal Grief with Help from the Other Side
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 30, 2011
This book is a must-read for anyone who is struggling with the loss of a loved one- pets included!

As a lawyer and a spirit medium, Mark may seem like quite the contradiction, yet that's the beauty of this combination and what is so refreshing about this book. Although he grew up around his psychic parents, the lawyer in him required some kind of proof, so for a large portion of his life he wasn't totally in acceptance of his own ability. It took an amazing experience (which he shares in the book) after his mother's passing to prove to him that this was real. She brought him an important message: "let go of the sorrow, but hold onto the love." This is Mark's mission- to help others heal from the heavy burden of grief, which he does in his work as a medium and speaker.

Whatever issues with grief you're going through, from feeling guilty that your last words to someone were angry or hurtful, to losing someone as a result of suicide, Mark guides us through individual grief experiences from a number of readings with real clients- people just like you. Through sharing these readings, Mark is not only able to share with us the insights and messages from the Other Side, but also to help us see that we are not alone in our struggle with losing a loved one.

In chapter 4 "How Spirits Contact Us," Mark helps us to understand how our loved ones are still in our lives, reassuring us and helping us through our daily struggles. He talks about things like coming home to find a photo album laying open to a particular photo of a loved one, or hearing a song on the radio that reminds you of your loved one just as you were thinking about him or her. So many of us have these experiences but write them off as wishful thinking-- not so! It's wonderful to know that we're never alone and we don't really die. I highly recommend this book to you, and hope you will share it with others as well!
44 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
Never Letting Go: First of all - I love the title - fits me to a 'T'. Many great sayings! I.E. "Grief is the price of love - and the depth of your pain is porportionate to your love", and (about being a spirit) "Ask a butterfly if it misses being a caterpiller". I must admit I hate that old story about the monk sending someone to find a mustard seed - knowing others are suffering losses of death does Not abate mine pain one bit. He admits he doesn't know everything about the otherside, but Very impressive!! I read this one in only six days!! On page 166 there is a section that makes clear how Mediumship can Not be something based in evil. Great book!
Scott MacNeil.
on December 8, 2012
NEVER LETTING GO is not merely a "book." I think it's more of an indispensable tool to keep in one's special bag of tricks for life. I've had to purchase multiple copies of it, as I've given it as a gift to various friends. However, it is also one that I will personally come back to often.

I love this book! - It lives and breathes on its own. Mark Anthony's writing style is in itself a rare treat - honest, forthright, respectful, inspired, and uplifting. His book is a true pleasure to read; his thoughts and words seem to flow so effortlessly, and his truths have universal relevance and resonance.

It is of course true that everyone has experienced the loss of loved ones, and there are many books that have addressed this theme. However, NEVER LETTING GO is unique in the way that it helps readers deal with loss. - Not only does the author clarify how we can be assured that our loved ones live on after physical death, but he also discusses how our inability to face our losses can manifest itself in self-destructive life behaviors and patterns. - He further explains in tangible terms how we can examine these patterns in light of our losses, and in doing so, find great hope and healing in the present moment.

Mark Anthony is also an extremely articulate, personable, and interesting speaker, and I've had the good fortune of listening to him as a guest on various radio programs. If you have the opportunity to catch one of his live interviews, you will not be able to resist reading his book!

As a voracious reader, I've found that only a few select books have the depth and character to stay with me permanently. NEVER LETTING GO is one of them, and I highly recommend it.
on October 13, 2011
The death of a loved one is difficult for most of us, whether it is because of our close relationship to the deceased, regret for something we did (or didn't do), unfinished business, and/or any number of other reasons. Mark Anthony's book Never Letting Go: Heal Grief with Help from the Other Side helps lead us through the process and gives us tools to cope and accept death as part of the life cycle, which does not end when the body dies.

The idea of talking to spirits may be scary for some, but Mark makes a good case for their existence and their ability to help us come to terms with the death of a loved one. Being a lawyer in addition to being a medium led him on his own journey of discovery, which he shares with us...he initially did not believe there was life after death and demanded proof. He also shares many interesting stories of spirit contacts he has made for clients, even reluctant ones, and how it has often helped set them on the path to their recovery from grief.

Mark's story of his struggles on his journey to discovery, the development of his talents as a medium, the many ways grief can manifest itself, and how contact with the spirits of our loved ones who have passed can help in recovery from grief reaffirmed for me so much of what I already believe. NEVER LETTING GO can help us to help ourselves let go of the grief but keep the love for those who have passed to the Other Side. It is a book well worth reading, maybe even more than once.
on September 30, 2012
This book is not what I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to be a boring book about a "clinician's" viewpoint of handling death, grief and how to overcome it...I was so wrong !!! Mark puts in a lot about his life, his clients and family. It had me from page 1 and I cannot say that about a lot of books. What really prompted me to buy the book were the videos he posted from his different events on his Facebook profile.

Never Letting Go is beautifully written, respectful of both the living and the "not", and clearly exhibits thoughtfulness and compassion in passing messages on to people in a gentle fashion.

His sense of humor is delightfully interjected throughout the book. I especially liked this part (except from page 24) - "I might come home from school to find Mom with an enlightened expression on her face. I saw a spirit today, she'd say. That's cool Mom. Do we have any peanut butter? Yes honey, it's over there".

I enjoyed reading about his almost a century-old Italian family background with psychics and mediums on both sides of his family tree, the stories of his childhood and the interactions with his Mom Jeannie - a lady of enlightenment and wisdom. Criminal defense lawyer by profession, Mark's gifts have helped him and his clients discern a better outlook on life - even to the point of completely turning their lives around for the better.

Full of heartwarming (and tearful) stories expressed with his very sympathetic soul, Mark's book Never Letting Go should be on your "to read" list.

Buona Lettura! (Happy Reading)
on July 15, 2012
I highly recommend this book. I heard an interview on Coast to Coast AM with Mark Anthony who is the author and he sounded like a legitimate psychic medium. He seemed genuine, caring and the details he provided about the people he had held readings for were very relevant. So I checked out his website and then decided to buy this book. I am so glad that I did as it is an excellent read.

Mark Anthony is able to see and communicate with spirits, a talent that both of his parents and his grandmother had. He helps people deal with various grief issues by communicating with spirits who have died. He can translate and convey these spirits thoughts to their loved ones here on earth. God bless him for that, what a gift!

If you are a spiritual person this is a must read. I truly feel much more comfortable with my belief in life after death now after reading this book.

I can't wait for Mark's next book and hopefully he is writing that one now.
on June 19, 2013
I rate this book 5 stars because it speaks to grief, healing and love. Well written in not so fancy words and with honest regard and compassion for those who have had to say goodbye too soon to someone they love. The best part is, Mark Anthony doesn't refer to loved ones who have died, as "Lost" I am not a fan of that word either, when I am thinking of someone I love who left this earth. It is clear to me that nobody dies, and if they were lost, we'd go find them and bring them back to us. They definitely exist on a different vibrational level, as we all will one day.

Anthony gives examples of readings and experiences he has had with people on the other side. I loved reading those, and I enjoyed being validated when I firmly believe my son is closer to me than he was when he was here,in his human jacket. I was amazed to read that they communicate with electricity. My son made lights blink in my car before it was started. I didn't imagine that. It happened. He knew a lot about electricity, brilliant young man could install lighting where no one else could. And he is now a reverse electrician (as I call him) when he pops the lights out in the homes of his loved ones. Sometimes as we speak of him, they simply blink on and off rapidly. "Never Letting Go" quelled my doubts that those events were truly his doing.

In our grief we suffer, we're angry, scared, shocked and depressed. Once we embrace the grief, let it have its way with us without blocking it, we allow life to flow again and this book is a conduit to finding that path back to life. Our love, our belief in a higher power and time, as Mr. Anthony tells us, is paramount to continuing our journey without the physical presence of our beloveds.

If ever you doubted that there is life after death on earth, please read this wonderful book.
on April 14, 2013
I recently lost a loved one, and found this book to be very healing and comforting. This is a great book for someone who is grieving and in need of inspiration and hope. "Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday, unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed, and always dear."
on December 1, 2013
This is a great book because like other readers stated in their reviews it opened my mind. I have sometimes felt guilty reading books by mediums because my faith in Jesus. I have read a few that I get very helpful information and peace then all of a sudden their is something written by the author that makes me feel it is going against my belief in God so it tends to make me feel it is the authors perception rather then the truth from the other side. NOT so with this book, it brought me so much peace and many answers to questions of the afterlife. Even though in my life I have seen spirits as clearly as I can see the person in front of me I still doubted. At the time I just thought I was going over the edge. Since it has occurred several times in my life and I had validation from others seeing the same thing I excepted seeing the spirits and a even a ghost. As a child I could see a loved one. Since then it has been strangers to me. I don't understand the purpose behind then letting me see them. At the same time I have been saddened because I feel or get signs from my family who have crossed over even a recorded audio once. But, not the visual the others gave me. I want so much the validation of them being around me. I have questions and don't get answers from them. I guess this may be something I am going to have to except until I meet them on the other side. Twice in my life I have a premonition dreams that were very uncomfortable (sad) tragic actually, and they came to pass. I prayed I would not get them anymore and those prayers were answered. The author at the time this was written, lived here in Florida. I would find it such an honor to meet this person one day. I would thank him for sharing his belief in God with us and giving me comfort in knowing that my loved ones are in spirit and know how much I love them and miss them. There is one thing that has always bothered me though. Just maybe one day I will get the answer. That is why one of these people have never given me a sign, I don't feel their presence and don't know if they are ok.
on April 18, 2013
I bought mark Anthony's book, "Never letting Go" after hearing him interviewed on the radio show, "Coast to Coast" in April of 2013. As a speaker, Mark is intelligent, articulate and sincere so I ordered his book immediately. The book is well written, well organized and presented in a flow that is helpful, healing and educational without being preachy. "Never Letting Go" is a must-read for anybody interested in the subject of meiumship and its gifts are many. I am grateful to Mark Anthony for writing this book, and look forward to the books he will write in the future!