- Explore more great deals on thousands of titles in our Deals in Books store.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.90 shipping
Never Be Lied to Again: How to Get the Truth In 5 Minutes Or Less In Any Conversation Or Situation Paperback – Bargain Price, September 10, 1999
|New from||Used from|
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
When liars are being accused of something, they'll stay calm because they're working on their rebuttal; this is why detectives were suspicious of O.J. Simpson when he didn't express outrage when accused of murdering his ex-wife and Ronald Goldman. Never Be Lied to Again is bursting with tested tips like this for quickly determining when you're being boondoggled. Body language, facial expressions, sentence structure, and word choice can all reveal when someone is lying, says psychologist David J. Lieberman, and he includes 46 of these "clues to deception" to help you, including tricks for framing questions without putting others on the defense. Once you use your newly honed "human lie detector" skills to figure out if you're being lied to, you can then dig for the truth using the specific, influential words and body postures that Lieberman suggests. Written with flair and humor, Never Be Lied to Again is designed to help you get the upper hand in any situation, whether you're trying to figure out if your spouse is cheating on you or if you suspect your coworkers are cooking the books. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
"This book can change your life. Best of all it's easy to read and you can apply the [techniques] instantly." --Dr. Warner Chen, Faculty Fellow of Harvard University
"If you want to find out whether your boyfriend is cheating, your boss is getting away with murder, or the life-insurance salesman is playing you for a fool, read on." --Cosmopolitan
Top customer reviews
1. The signs of deception are easy to understand and follow but cannot be reliable to judge someone... you need more proof!
2. Becoming a Human Lie Detector: some detectors are already built-in in our minds and were used even when we were kids. Some are easy to be applied... AND SOME ARE SO GREAT... but others cannot be used except in court or if you really want to destory the relationship!
3. Tactics: are good detectors and can easily apply in casual conversations which I found to be very useful.
4. Mind Games: I found to be good but not highly powerful.
5. Advanced Techniques: ahhh maybe this chapter needs a smarter man than me! This is the most difficult chapter to apply but could be the best to be used by detectives/lawyers... etc.
6. Psychology On Your Side: I found this chapter to be very good, and analytic.
7. Internal Truth Blockers: This covers when we allow our emotions to take control, very reasonable analysis.
8. External Truth Blockers: if you are the kind of person who get easily fooled by salesmen or cheer leaders or lap dogs, then this chapter rings the bell every time one tries to fool you again!
In summary this book for sure helps to detect and even prevent a lie from taking place. This book even helps you to pull out the truth.
To normal people, this book is very useful. To detectives\lawyers... this book is a MUST!
First of all I read it from cover to cover in maybe 20 mintues, its a quick read because it has different sections from the beginning, reading someones body language, to after you found the lie and how to confront the other person or deal with the matter at hand. The book has quick heading and then more detailed descriptions below and it really lures you in to keep going and going.
As one reader mentioned, a lot of it is instinctual but you'd be surprised how many times you were in the same situation but couldn't recognize it or deal with it as easily as the author outlines. A lot of time we know someone is lying but we cant quite prove it, even to ourselves and this book lets you pick up on those little things and read into them more.
You'll be amazed how you can relate to the book, I'm sure the things outlined in this book have happened to all of us at one point or another but reading about the meanings and the signs and the approach is another thing all together.
Great for relationships with family, siblings, parents, spouces and boy/girlfriends to work and dealing with people on a daily basis.
If you haven't ever had a knee-high, blue-eyed angel look you straight in the face and inform you that a bear broke into the kitchen and ate the cake, or a fully-grown, blue-eyed angel inform you that the car must be leaking fuel because she came straight home from the movies, then you may learn something from this book.
Most parents I know could write this book.
Great book. :)