The NeverEnding Story
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Visit a Land Beyond Imagination
An ’80s movie classic, The NeverEnding Story tells the tale of a young boy named Bastian Bux. Constantly tormented by bullies at school and forever lectured by his father for daydreaming, Bastian seeks refuge one day in an old bookstore. There, he is shown an ancient volume decorated with mysterious symbols. Despite a warning that the book could be dangerous, Bastian decides to 'borrow' it. As he begins to read through the book, the boy not only loses himself in the pages but comes to realize he’s actually part of the story.
The film was made in Germany. At the time, it was the most expensive movie ever made there.
The original Auryn from the film now hangs in a glass case display in Steve Spielberg’s office.
The motorized 'puppet' Falkor (the luckdragon in Fantasia) was 43 feet long. It had six thousand plastic scales and its fur was made of pink feathers.
The scenes set in the real world (Bastian’s home and school) were filmed in Vancouver, Canada.
Tami Stronach (the Childlike Empress) lost both front teeth shortly before filming began so she had to wear artificial ones.
A Timeless Fantasy Adventure
- Written and directed by Wolfgang Petersen (The Perfect Storm)
- Adapted from the novel "Die Unendliche Geschichte" by Michael Ende
- Features enchanting special effects and a memorable soundtrack
- A film treat for both children and adults
- Available on DVD and Blu-ray
Meet the Cast
Bastian Bux (Barret Oliver)
A young boy living a dreary, tormented life suddenly discovers a magical, crumbling world between the covers of a book. Can Bastian help save Fantasia from ruin?
Bastian’s Father (Gerald McRaney)
An impatient man, Bastian’s father doesn’t understand his son and belittles his desires. He tells his son to quit daydreaming and keep his feet on the ground.
The Childlike Empress (Tami Stronach)
The empress of Fantasia is ill and a terrible force called the Nothing may be responsible. The petite ruler pleads with Bastian to help save her and her realm.
Atreyu (Noah Hathaway)
Atreyu is a young hero summoned by the empress to find a cure for her and to save the kingdom from the Nothing.
NeverEnding Story, The (DVD)
A lonely young boy with a love of books becomes drawn into a timeless world of fabulous creatures--a world that only he can save from certain destruction--as he discovers that he is the hero of The Neverending Story.]]>
The NeverEnding Story, Wolfgang Petersen's sophisticated fantasy film, is so wonderfully appropriate to children that it seems to have been made by kids. But there is enough artistic merit in the tale to enchant adults equally. --Boston Globe, Michael Blowen
Director Wolfgang Petersen combines the elements into a charming film that is excellent for children… --Boston Globe, Michael Blowen
- Aspect Ratio : 1.33:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medPG PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Product Dimensions : 7.75 x 5.75 x 0.5 inches; 3.2 Ounces
- Item model number : 112311
- Director : Wolfgang Petersen
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Color, NTSC, Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 32 minutes
- Release date : November 3, 2009
- Actors : Alan Oppenheimer, Jeff Burr, Howard Albrecht, Tami Stronach, Moses Gunn
- Producers : Bernd Eichinger, Mark Damon, Dieter Geissler, John Hyde
- Language : Unqualified, English (Dolby Digital 4.0), French (Dolby Digital 4.0)
- Studio : WarnerBrothers
- ASIN : B002NZK5SW
- Writers : Wolfgang Petersen, Herman Weigel
- Number of discs : 1
- Customer Reviews: