|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $4.00 (24%)
Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price set by seller.
The New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great Kindle Edition
|Length: 352 pages||Word Wise: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
What disturbs me further about T. Colin Campbell is that he has clearly put out a call to his vegan followers to come to the Amazon site and give bad reviews of this book, as he posted this nonsense on his webpage. I don't have a problem with their chosen lifestyle, but I do have a problem with the many deragatory posts that make it clear that they could not have read this book as they have no comprehension of its contents. Shame on them. Using the Amazon review system to grind their vegan axes should not be allowed.
Contrary to their ravings, the Atkins diet recommends lots of vegetables, a conservative amount of dietary protein and good fats.Read more ›
I am in a situation where I end up eating out a lot. With my other diet, this just made me feel more frustrated. But on this plan, I feel like I can stick with it anywhere. If I'm in a high end place, it's all about the meat/fish and veggies anyway. And if it's a burger joint, I just skip the bun and the fries! The sodium doesn't seem to be an issue, surprisingly.
For breakfast I have been making 2 egg omlettes with frozen veggies and cheese. Lunch is usually tuna or chicken salad on a bunch of greens/veggies. Dinner is some kind of grilled or broiled meet with asparagus etc. (I throw on some rice pilaf etc. for the rest of the family). I went to Whole Foods today and saw the "prepared foods" section with a whole new eye! I didn't even want to stare at the pizza!
One of the things that appealed to me most was that exercise is not a core part of this plan. I have a permanent disabling injury that prevents me from just about anything (beyond WII!). It was refreshing to not feel stigmatized for that.
And I'm even cheating! Shoot me but I really enjoy a glass of wine when I'm done with my day, (or at least my driving). Generally an hour or so before I eat. I've kept that for my sanity the safety of my family. (It's only 4 to 5 carbs!) So I still have around 20 pounds to go. Which no longer sounds so daunting.
Just losing 8 pounds feels great!
I respect other people's right to choose, and right to write more mainstream diet books. And I hope that they will respect that I feel like I finally caught a break here!
How does New Atkins For A New You differ from DANDR?
* They've lost the focus on ketosis. Oh, you'll still go into ketosis if you eat the way they tell you, and that's a good thing -- it means you're running a fat-burning rather than a glucose-burning metabolism. It also feels great -- high energy, suppressed appetite, and a clear head. Great mood, too; ketosis makes me ebullient. But there's no peeing on ketostix. Ketostix told people less than they thought: They can tell you that you're burning fat, but they can't tell you if you're burning fat you just ate, or fat from your storage depots. And ketostix are expensive. Some people do find "turning purple" motivating, but this is a useful simplification.
* They've incorporated the net carbs concept, as pioneered by Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades, instructing people to subtract fiber grams from total grams of carbohydrate. This makes for more vegetables from the get-go,since quite a lot of the carbohydrate in vegetables is in the form of fiber. Also makes for a little more fruit and possibly a little whole grain in the later stages of the diet.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just received the book and have not started the Atkins program yet but my neighbor has and found it easy to follow and loss weight.Published 1 day ago by Linda
I have never used Atkins for losing weight but my husband did years ago. If his cardiologist approves, he wants to try it again. Many have lost weight on it without problems.Published 3 days ago by T.C.
For one Atkins did die obese but not the way you think and not from the diet.. If you knew what happened you would have known he went in to have a blood clot removed from his brain... Read morePublished 8 days ago by Britt
The original New Diet Revolution was my favorite but this is a good reimagined edition.Published 8 days ago by ne1scott
Ordered this last week to embark on our new way of eating. I've made three recipes so far and all have been delicious and easy. Read morePublished 8 days ago by kenneth vogel
All the information you need is in the book, however, it's not easy to find, there is a lot of jumping around. Makes the program more complicated then it needs to be.Published 9 days ago by Lucille
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Low Carbohydrate
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Atkins Diet
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Low Carb
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Other Diets
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Atkins Diet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Low Carb
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living