Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 853 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 896 reviews
on June 16, 2013
My daughter is special needs and wears braces on her feet. New Balance were recommended by her Orthotist. Because of the braces, we needed a shoe in wide width, 2 sizes larger than her feet measure. She measures a size 7, exactly, so I purchased these in a 9 W. They fit over her braces perfectly, with the exception of the strings being a bit too short. A new pair of laces for $3 from a local store and we were all set. I will say, if the shoes were not going over braces, the laces would have been fine, but the braces add width, height, AND length to a child's feet, so we did need the new laces. I might purchase future pairs in Extra Wide to accommodate the braces even better, but these work as expected.

Also, we love New Balance as a family, because they are well made and seem to last longer than other sneakers. They also come in more sizes and widths than any other brand, meaning we can customize our shoes extensively for each family member. Thanks, New Balance!
on February 20, 2015
The KJ990 is the only shoe I have been buying for several years now.

I have 2 girls about a shoe size apart at all times. They burned out shoes like nothing till I found these.

I used to go to target or payless, but those shoes were junk and fell apart all the time.

Instead of shopping for a different model as often as kids outgrow the shoes, I settled on this ONE model for as long as it comes in their size.

Durable, more than you'd imagine. My autistic daughter literally murders her shoes. These still outlast her brutality. My older daughter is in track and other youth sports, and these have held up to her events and daily life.

All in all, I was looking for a shoe that could outlive their growth cycles. And so far this has been a one stop shop for us!

I just tell um what color options are available in their size, and they get to choose. No more this style or that style, just this one daily use shoe.

Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your money on those cheaper shoes at payless. These shoes cost me less than I spent in junk bin shoes, and I buy one pair a year usually. And we still have enough life in them to gift them to the neighbor who sometimes needs a bit of time between her daughters growth and her pocket book.

These shoes are amazing, just pick out a color :P
on February 4, 2016
Love these shoes!!!! The reason they do not provide good arch support is due a foot problem but, my insert from my doctor fits it perfectly!! I am a 70 year old breast cancer survivor that wears a 3-1/2 XW child's shoe so thankful you have this product! I learned today after 5 years 9 months, I no longer need to take my chemo pill and will see my oncologist only once a year now. This picture is of me ringing the Survivor Bell at John B. Amos Cancer Center in these shoes!!!!! I ordered another pair today!!!!!
review image
on January 15, 2015
Don't waste your money on the lightweight foam New Balance shoes that have the designs printed on them -- these shoes are SO MUCH BETTER! This pair of shoes comes in a variety of size for toddlers on up and we know our child is hard on shoes but requires good stability and support. This pair of navy blue shoes feature some suede that I believe makes them hold up much longer, are warmer in winter, and can take a splash in the rain without becoming a seive. These shoes have sturdy construction and non-marking soles and provide good support. They are stylish, easy to brush off the dirt and have the old fashioned wide shoelaces that actually stay tied and knotted for most of the day for our kindergartner. We both love them, as we did during the toddler years with the velcro straps. Luckily, this style shoe comes in a variety of colors so we will keep buying them. (The foam uppers on the last pair disintegrated and fell apart in about 7 weeks and could not take on a bit of rain without causing wet socks in seconds.)
on October 11, 2016
My son loved these shoes until I ruined them by putting them in the dryer. Hint: don't put them in the dryer. My son has feet that pronate and he also has fairly flat arches. He found that these shoes were one of the best that I bought for him. In fact, I replaced them with a different, well known brand (because they were on sale and also because these shoes weren't being offered in his size at the time) and with my own experience, New Balance is a great shoe. I realize I am only reviewing New Balance, but it's important to mention that they sell quality shoes especially for people who may have "issues" with their feet, like pain or difficulty sizing etc.
on February 27, 2015
I really really like it. The color is nice and quality is also nice!!!!! ^^
review image review image
VINE VOICEon May 3, 2015
As an adult with a child's size foot, I wear New Balance athletic shoes exclusively. They are the one brand that seems to have decent quality in the children's shoes. I didn't want to say NO for the arch support question; however, most are relatively flat in the sole. I wear custom inserts for arch support in all my shoes so that is not an issue for me. I am quite please with the fit and comfort of these shoes, and these RED ones are the best. A gift for Administrative Professional's Day, and I love them. This makes about 6 different colors in my closet!
on July 25, 2016
First off, my daughter loves the way these shoes look, which really isn't the most important thing (to me)-- I've always thought of New Balance in terms of utility, though, and not in terms of snazziness, so I was happy that she was excited to get them on her feet!

In terms of practicality, these seem really comfortable. My child has run for long distances in them, played sports, and climbed without complaint or blisters. She says they feel lighter than her previous sneakers. Her feet have high arches and are a little narrow, but we've found the regular width fits just right for her, and these seem to run true to size. The laces are just the right length, too, for small fingers to tie and double-knot, and so she can do it by herself. (We've had some issues with laces in the past with other sneakers.)

I am about to buy another pair for her sister, so we are big fans of these. (As a runner myself, I am pleased to be able to get the same brand and comfort for my children as I enjoy myself...and I am glad these are pretty enough for my kids, because they always seem to beg for the impractical but cute-looking shoes that will give them blisters and wear out in a month...I do like to save money where I can, but I never cheap out on sneakers, because feet are important and we must take care of them so we don't end up hobbling ourselves when we're older. Are you listening, kids?!?)
on December 16, 2015
it doesn't look the same as the screen~
review image
on January 28, 2015
These shoes are great. We go them for my 4 year old daughter that just started wearing AFOs. Her normal shoe size is 7.5M and we ordered 8XW. I also ordered 36" bright blue shoe strings for her. With the insole removed and the new shoe strings they fit perfectly. My daughter is very happy with her new "super shoes." The shoes work great for AFOs. They slip on very easily and the heel does not bunch up like other shoes we tried.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.